What should i put in my water?

faceglide

n00b
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster(for about 5 years now, the search and stickies have served me more than well). Anyhow, here's my question?

What do i put in my water? Back in the days i used pt-nuke and petra's, still got some algae every 2-3 months. I will be using the .999 silver coil in my loop, with distilled water, XSPC RX rads, ek cpu block(copper acetal), koolance gpu block(nickel/copper/some acetal), mp35x pump, EK multi-option res and primochill LRT pro tubing. Fitting is all bitspower matte black compression through and through(brass i think).

As far as I can tell, no aluminum in the system(hence why i listed, you never know). So an anti-corrosive isnt necessary, and the silver takes care of anti-microbe correct?

My goals, as far as fluid goes is this;

I want the fluid crystal-clear. The res will be the only clear vessel in my system, with a pure white led plug/light shining thru it. I want it to look like a cool bottle of evian at 7-11 on the hottest day(refreshingly clear and CRISP!),

I want to go on 6 months intervals between flushing my fluid. 6 months is my happy goal, aim high right? A little cloudiness is ok at that time imo, but brown/algae/gross is what i want to avoid.

My plan(or understanding from posts/stickies) is:

.999 and my loop should be happy together. But for how long? Im new to the silver part, but incredibly fascinated by it. Is this really all i need? Im pretty sure i dont want to combine a PT-nuke type solution with the silver. Will .999 and distilled be my end-all-be-all?

Anyhow, any enlightment/suggestions?

Haha, excellent coil and distilled it is. Thanks brosefs.

I hate crystal light, but LOVE that MIO stuff, the sweet tea flavor is to die for!

Vodka and Redbull. Makes your system run like a champ.

or some Four Loco. I have a can in the fridge if you want it.

Seriously Silver Kill Coils - They are literally a little shaved sliver of silver that they coil up and you just stuff it in side any of your coolant lines. Silver is a natural toxin that bacteria upon consuming will die. It basically reacts with water, release charged silver particles called IONs. These ions attach to the cellular walls of bacteria and other microbes and cause fluctuations in the cell wall and cause the bacteria basically to just pop open and die. Once all bacteria is eliminated none can reproduce thereby silver effectively sterilizes your loop.
Also works on algae.

I dont recommend drinking your coolant though unless you are trying to cure a bout of epilepsy lol.

Source: I like to study microbiology as a hobby.

The only thing I dont understand right now is the metallurgical issue it might cause if you are using EK waterblocks because who the hell knows what kind of metal they are using to be honest. So do some research on compatibility with your water blocks.

Last edited:
I believe they used to use silver for long term storage of drinkable water. so its not like its toxic to you :p

Im telling you guys, mio sweet tea, never look back. Bring it to work, and it dowsnt leave powder all over your desk.

For the ek block, i chose copper acetal, I felt the same way, the less metals on that thing the better. Half of me wishes i went with the koolance 370 block. The nickel debacle is icky.

That mio crap looks like poisen to me.

I used straight distilled water for like 6 month and had no growth. Probably didn't help that I forgot to rinse the flux out of the Rad....

Back