what should I get?

MoFo

Quakecon Guy
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Gaming, Web Browsing, DVD ripping, HD video
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
Can spend what I want but not going to go "all out"
3) Where do you live?
New Orleans
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. Please be very specific.
Motherboard, CPU, RAM
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
PowerBird PSU 1100 watts, 2 X Geforce GTX 260,
6) Will you be overclocking?
dont think so
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
Duel 24 LCD
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
NOW!
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
SLI, front USB and sound
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

I am really wanting Intel...I have new in the box AMD Phenom II X4 965 if you can tell me why I should use it please do.

thanx

What HDDs do you plan on using? A computer is as fast as its slowest component, and thats typically the HDD in most modern systems, unless you have one/some of the newer/faster drives or an SSD (or two).

... I am really wanting Intel...I have new in the box AMD Phenom II X4 965 if you can tell me why I should use it please do. ...
Because you already have it, lol, and it fits your needs (just not your wants :p).

Use the phenom, grab 4gb of g.skill ripjaw 1600, and an asus/gigabyte 790FX AM3 mobo.

Back