I bought a Gigabyte 990X AM3+ board last month, but it started giving me issues. Due to this I decided to get a refund through Newegg. I sold my previous 790FX+4GB DDR2, so I can no longer go back to that. I have a 880G I could use for now instead of going out and buying another board, but that leaves me without my 5770 crossfire. I thought of some options below to go ahead with.
1. Buy another AM3+ motherboard to use my 5770 crossfire and keep 955 BE.
2. 880G with my 955 BE and 5770.
3. 880G with my AII X2 250 and 4770 (backup card).
I am leaning towards option 3 at the moment. I am not playing games that are graphically intensive currently. I do not think I will be playing games that much when I get back to college as well due to having a busy semester. With this I can sell off my higher end parts and save the money for a future build around first quarter 2012 as it seems all the new CPU/VGAs are coming then. Thoughts?
1. Buy another AM3+ motherboard to use my 5770 crossfire and keep 955 BE.
2. 880G with my 955 BE and 5770.
3. 880G with my AII X2 250 and 4770 (backup card).
I am leaning towards option 3 at the moment. I am not playing games that are graphically intensive currently. I do not think I will be playing games that much when I get back to college as well due to having a busy semester. With this I can sell off my higher end parts and save the money for a future build around first quarter 2012 as it seems all the new CPU/VGAs are coming then. Thoughts?