What should come after BF3?

What should the NEXT Frostbite 2 Battlefield Game Be?

• Battlefield 2143 - The Future!

Votes: 53 38.4%
  • Battlefield 1944 - World War II

Votes: 49 35.5%
  • Vietnam - I want to get back in the bush, ya dig?

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Other

Votes: 22 15.9%

• Total voters

Blackstone

2[H]4U
Assuming DICE takes the BF3 engine and makes another game, which they should and WILL do, which war would you want to fight?

Mirror's Edge 2, you can actually see some Mirror's Edge influences in BF3.

Something unrealistic would be a war set in space. I really thought with the previous progression where you moved from WW2 -> Vietnam -> Modern -> Near future, the next step would've been far future in space. But even with something like 128 players, the setting might be too vast. But I think it would be cool if you could do boardings and maybe even pilot capital ships (ala 1942).

Mirror's Edge 2, you can actually see some Mirror's Edge influences in BF3.

Something unrealistic would be a war set in space. I really thought with the previous progression where you moved from WW2 -> Vietnam -> Modern -> Near future, the next step would've been far future in space. But even with something like 128 players, the setting might be too vast. But I think it would be cool if you could do boardings and maybe even pilot capital ships (ala 1942).

I agree that Mirror's Edge 2 probably be the next thing DICE decides to work on since there has been quite a lot of mentions about it in the news reports. I also love the idea of a space-themed BF. If DICE made that game and it was successful, it would surely trigger a new renaissance for space-simulators :).

Tons of other games that can use the engine and make them better.
I really liked BC2 when I first saw a building destroyed. Then it was surprising when I was in one that was getting whittled down.
Made it a lot better than the buildings you could run in and had no problems hiding forever.
COD4 would have been great for this.

They've worn out every modern warfare scenario as far as I see it. I'd rather they work on another futuristic warfare story.

Apart from the Titan lag and bugs in 2142 i fucking loved that game. I would buy another future Battlefield game so quick.

They just need to re-release BF2 with a new engine/graphics overhaul and unfuck the weapons accuracy, hit boxes and all of the weird bugs that make it crash to desktop randomly. As unstable as that game was/is across 3 different PCs I played it on, it's still my favorite mulitplayer game of all time :D.

BF3 could have been this if they kept the same classes and commander mode (one of my favorite aspects of BF2) :mad:.

Jesus, fuck the future. I don't want "Halo", I want the original Battlefield 1942. That game was always boss. The airplanes were the best and most fun I have ever had flying.

I really miss 2142.

I don't care that it was ropey because it was good fun.:cool:

The first BF Vietnam had a similar fun feel to it; unlike the passionless BC2 effort.

Jesus, fuck the future. I don't want "Halo", I want the original Battlefield 1942. That game was always boss. The airplanes were the best and most fun I have ever had flying.

1942 was one of the funnest of the series. Ships, carriers, all kinds of fun stuff. BFV was pretty cool to with the choppers and such.

I really miss 2142.

I don't care that it was ropey because it was good fun.:cool:

The first BF Vietnam had a similar fun feel to it; unlike the passionless BC2 effort.

agree i enjoyed the hell out of 2142, just pisses me off they dropped support for it so quickly after the bitch fest started from the BF2 players.

Battlefield: 1812.

that would be awesome. but people would started bitching up a storm having to use single shot weapons with shit for accuracy past a couple 100 yards.

Battlefield 2143!
i absolutely loved 2142. though i'd be happy with a 1944 game too...kind of been craving a WWII shooter lately. i'm *this* close to picking up RO2.

BF 1942 "reloaded"
I think this would sell like hot cakes. It was a fantastic game back then(still is really), and a proper remake(updated gfx mainly) would rock.

BF 1942 "reloaded"
I think this would sell like hot cakes. It was a fantastic game back then(still is really), and a proper remake(updated gfx mainly) would rock.

I started playing the BF series with BF2 so I missed out on 1942. I would like to see this theme revisited.

BF 1942 "reloaded"

Just updating to the graphics is too easy, they will screw it up somehow :(

Assuming DICE takes the BF3 engine and makes another game, which they should and WILL do, which war would you want to fight?
BF4, obviously, which is exactly what they will do considering how well reskinned CoD iterations have sold.

How about they get BF3 working correctly first :D

I think that will take at least a year at this point, given how raw the game is a few weeks before retail release.

Definitely 2143. There are not enough tactical shooters with "futuristic" themes. ArmA3 is going to be somewhat futuristic but I'd like to see REALLY futuristic stuff in a tactical shooter.

Battlefield 2142 was a good start, but it kind of flopped for various reasons (I dunno, I only tried the demo, never bought the full game).

I agree that Mirror's Edge 2 probably be the next thing DICE decides to work on since there has been quite a lot of mentions about it in the news reports. I also love the idea of a space-themed BF. If DICE made that game and it was successful, it would surely trigger a new renaissance for space-simulators :).

Mirrors Edge 2 is just what I would like. Really BF3 seems like it will be a fine game, and fps games overall aren't in short supply. So I'm not exactly starved for another military themed shooter. But I don't think Mirrors Edge 2 will actually be the next game, since BF is a cash cow and the interest is in military themed shooters.

I think there was that article that came out with they were planning more scheduled BF releases? The next game will surely be BF related and is likely already in some stage of development, just not announced.

Personally not counting the some what out their preference of Mirrors Edge 2 or the far future, I'd prefer 2142 type game more so. I just cannot get used to Iron sights, so don't want anything premodern :p I really need to work on this.

I think the burning down the capitol in the game might be controversial as well.

lol gamers don't care about that crap.. their parents and people that don't give a crap about the game would cry about it.. but thats their problem if they still want to live in their magical bubble world where it never happened.

Battlefield 1194 BC.

Trojan War. Imagine Mount & Blade: Warband melee combat with a massive budget.... :D

Back