what resolution do you still use?

what resolution do you still use?


  • Total voters
    89
I think he means to ask what type of display we are using, and at what resolution LCD users run their display at.
 
Dual 2005FPWs @ 1680x1050

Don't really game at that resolution though because I still have a Radeon 9700Pro
 
2007FPW is @ 1680x1050. I play Oblivion at 1440x900.
My Audiovox is 1280x768.
 
no i just want to know how many people are still using the "default native resolution" in lcds, 1280x1024!!
 
stopmenow said:
no i just want to know how many people are still using the "default native resolution" in lcds, 1280x1024!!
My LCD's "default native resolution" is 1680x1050, so...
 
Bruce said:
My LCD's "default native resolution" is 1680x1050, so...

Yeah, I was also boggled by the OP, it does not make complete sense. I just answered that I used a higher resolution LCD .
 
sorry. i trying to say is most commonly bought lcds 17 & 19 at their 1280x1024 natively resolution, okay. just want to know how many still using this resolution. i put crts just in case people don't use lcd still.
 
20" Dell 2001fp @ 1600x1200

15.4" Laptop at 1280x800

I need a higher resolution screen for both, planning on getting a 30" LCD when I build my new box with a dual link DVI card.
 
Work: Dell 21" trinitron - 1600x1200
Home: Samsung 950p 19" (1152x864) Was 1600x1200 until monitor started dying recently.

Now looking for a new 1600x1200 unit for home. Tried the Dell 2007fp but it had banding and text blur and poor viewing angles due to PVA panel. Returned it.

I have been using 1600x1200 for 7 or 8 years and it is my minimum resolution for general usage.
 
hm. currently, samsung 955df - 1280x1024 @ 75Hz, soon: VX2025WM - 1680x1050 :D
 
Sony FW900 24" widescreen CRT
2048x1280@85hz
i run most of my games in the same resolution.
 
1680x1050 - 15.4" widescreen, Acer Travelmate 8100 laptop

Obviously, some of the latest, more demanding games won't run at that resolution on my laptop, so I typically run games like Quake IV, FEAR, etc at 1024x768. Other games, like Unreal Tournament 2K4, Half-Life 2, World of Warcraft I can run at 1680x1050 and still get solid framerates, so that is exactly what I do.

When it comes to my desktop, I currently have a 17" NEC LCD monitor with a native resolution of 1280x1024, but I am getting a Samsung 215TW on my birthday (August 5th), and that monitor runs at 1680x1050. After using my laptop for so often, I've gotten to used to high-resolutions and widescreen support, and can't go back to 1280x1024 anymore.
 
Back
Top