• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What psu for this gaming sff setup?....

Joined
Nov 4, 2004
Messages
26
Ok, thanks to the help of some on this forum, i have just decided what to go with in regard to my living room SFF setup.

Parts i will be using are:

1) Lanbox Lite
2) Quad Extreme 6850 cpu
3) Asus P5E-VM HDMI
4) 8gb G-Skill ddr800
5) HD 4870
6) X-fi prelude
7) Pioneer 212D Sata dvdrw
8) WD 500gb sata

Question is... what PSU is a good bet for all this? I would guess something between 600-700w? Or is that too low? I am after one that is nice and quiet and preferably modular.

thanks in advance for suggestions.
 
You could run that off a good 400-450W unit easily. Since you're looking for something modular though, I recommend the Corsair 520HX.
 
I use the HX520W in a Lanbox Lite. It should definitely be enough to power your system. +1 for it.

However, if you're looking to go SFF for the case to be more portable, I'd suggest considering a different case.
 
i dont plan to move the case around, just plan for it to stay next to my 360, ps3 and wii, and the lanbox lite looks pretty cool, and will have some room for a mini watercooling loop for the cpu and 4870.

this hx520w seems popular, will check pricing for it here in the UK, any thoughts on the zalman heatpipe psus?
 
I'm curious as to where you're going to mount the radiators in a Lanbox.
 
so am i :D plan is to remove the hdd cage in front of the 92mm fan and put a small rad there. I have lots of watercooling bits here so its easy to try it all without worrying about buying the wrong thing then returning etc. Will be ordering the lanbox in a few days though.
 
Back
Top