• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What Next Gen System will you get first ?

What Next Gen System will you get first ?

  • Playstation 4

    Votes: 170 59.6%
  • Xbox One

    Votes: 35 12.3%
  • Wii U

    Votes: 24 8.4%
  • None. Will keep what I've got (PC/PS3/360/etc)

    Votes: 56 19.6%

  • Total voters
    285
Status
Not open for further replies.

Durvelle27

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Aug 5, 2012
Messages
2,820
Just seeing what the ppl are looking to get this holiday season. I myself will be getting a PS4 and a new GPU. What about you guys ?
 
Saving up my amazon rewards for a PS4. I'm thinking January for my birthday. Might get a WiiU down the line, after a significant price drop.
 
I'm getting a PS4 this year. I might get a Wii-U in a couple years after it's dirt cheap.
 
Saving up my amazon rewards for a PS4. I'm thinking January for my birthday. Might get a WiiU down the line, after a significant price drop.

Got my Launch Edition Pre-ordered yesterday


The Wii U is actually pretty fun but i don't like it as its really not geared towards hardcore gamers but more family & kids. I use mines for netflix and family night
 
PS4

But I already have a Wii U and am a PC gamer primarily and will keep my PS3.
 
I'm undecided. May go back to a PC after using a console for many years now.
 
Pre-ordered my launch day PS4!

Microsoft needs to make MAJOR changes to get me to buy a XBox One.
 
I had to vote Wii U because we'll that's what I used to vote from..

Next up Xbox one and PS4 number one person for both at my local shop.
 
If the PS4 had hardware backwards compatibility I would have bought it most likely, although I may still depending on how the streaming thing works. I'll probably buy it but not in a rush, the early titles are not all that interesting to me.

Might actually buy a PS3 instead :p (The most interesting game to me, not also coming to the PC and coming soon, was Beyond: Two Souls) Probably get a new GPU as well.
 
If the PS4 had hardware backwards compatibility I would have bought it most likely, although I may still depending on how the streaming thing works. I'll probably buy it but not in a rush, the early titles are not all that interesting to me.

Might actually buy a PS3 instead :p (The most interesting game to me, not also coming to the PC and coming soon, was Beyond: Two Souls) Probably get a new GPU as well.

Sony said there working on a emulator that would allow the PS4 to play PS3 games
 
If the PS4 had hardware backwards compatibility I would have bought it most likely, although I may still depending on how the streaming thing works. I'll probably buy it but not in a rush, the early titles are not all that interesting to me.

Might actually buy a PS3 instead :p (The most interesting game to me, not also coming to the PC and coming soon, was Beyond: Two Souls) Probably get a new GPU as well.

In getting PS4 day one but won't hold my breath on their ability to deliver a steady online game stream service.
 
If the Wii U had some more games that interested me I would get one now. But even after E3 , I still feel like Nintendo's gaming presence is absent this year. Yes they announced some cool new games but no release dates or many assurances of if they would make the holiday rush. I expected more out of them honestly.

As far as the PS4 is concerned that's a day 1 buy. Can't wait to play it.
 
I voted none, it's too early... I've yet to buy a ps3 - still waiting on a game or two before biting.

ps4 looks like the next one though, but it may be 5 years from now :p
 
It was like this for me too. There wasn't anything really interesting at launch for the 360 or PS3 either but over the years stuff comes out bit by bit that makes me want to go out and buy one of them but just haven't really gotten around to it.

Would be easier to pull the trigger this gen though since there is less of a 360 vs. PS3 issue (didn't really want to buy both) with the One vs. PS4. Well at least it seems that way for me at the moment but things do change.

Sony said there working on a emulator that would allow the PS4 to play PS3 games

That would be interesting. There is a slight back log of PS3 (and console games in general from this gen) I'm somewhat interested which is why if there was backwards compatibility I would've just skipped buying the PS3 for the PS4.

In getting PS4 day one but won't hold my breath on their ability to deliver a steady online game stream service.

Well one can hope :p But I'm not really counting on it but basically it would make the choice simpler since I'd just skip the PS3.
 
i'm one of those silly guys that already owns a wii u

So silly with our backward compatibility and free online and no used game issues. enjoy it for what it is if they were all the same we wouldn't need anything but one console or PC.

Edit-forgot off screen play is really nice for when the wife is watching TV.
 
Whatever comes out first is what I'll get first. Already have a WiiU (if that counts? lol). Whatever comes out second, is what I'll get second.
 
Whatever comes out first is what I'll get first. Already have a WiiU (if that counts? lol). Whatever comes out second, is what I'll get second.

Yup, have them both preordered from Amazon, we'll see which one ships first.
 
Everyone I play 360 games with is saying ps4. I'm in it for the social aspect of playing with friends, so probably ps4.

Its early yet though, so we shall see.
 
Already have a Wii U, so I voted for that.

Have a launch day PS4 preordered from Amazon, but I may end up canceling it. None of the games on either system really jump out as me as being worth full price.

What I really, really want is the new Mario Kart! Give me a game I can play with women!
 
Whatever comes out first is what I'll get first. Already have a WiiU (if that counts? lol). Whatever comes out second, is what I'll get second.

Same here, so I guess the Wii U is the answer for me since I already own one. I have a launch day PS4 and Xbox One pre-ordered so I guess whichever comes next is up to Sony and MS.
 
Not looking this fall but in the future maybe at 299 or 249 price point ps4 definitely.
 
Wii U for me as soon as Wind Waker HD hits in October. Although Pikmin 3 caught my eye recently so maybe sooner.

PS4 pre-ordered at Gamestump.

Buying a 3DS XL tomorrow. Can't wait!
 
PC/PS4/WiiU
I want a PS4 and Wonderful 101(and GTAV, since they come out on the same day................NOA...I swear)
 
Preordered an xbox one. WIll probably get a Wii U and PS4 when they get a price drop.
 
Ps4

When I bought my ps3 I thought about buying a x360 down them line but i never got around to it. Gears of War was the only x360 exclusive that I liked, and only because I was able to enjoy the first one on my pc, but not enough to get me to buy the console just for the series. If they would have released 2 and 3 for pc I would have gladly given my money to Microsoft and bought them.....even with the GFWL crap tacked on.
 
I will get a PS4 after launch when Costco does their bundle packs.

I might get another PS3 too, for my bedroom to replace my Sony Blu-Ray player that is actually quite a POS.
 
Ps4 for me, its a shame my 360 buddies are dick riding Microsoft, they won't consider jumping ship at all. I'll make new friends lol
 
I got no problem buying the Xbox One, none of is "short comings" are an issue for me. I got a stable internet connection, use Kinect voice commands daily, and rarely buy used games because the local Gamestop generally prices them within 5$ of new. The new Live setup will work better for me as well vs the current family plan.
 
After E3, I'm actually thinking I might not get either of them for a while.
Almost every game either of them showed is also on the PC. The joys of multiplatform.
I already own a WiiU, so my Mario Kart and Smash Bros. bases are already covered.
 
Well Wii U might be first simply because it's gotten a head start and the good games will come sooner. This doesn't mean much though. Longevity with consoles is key.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top