What is your PC Game of the Year?

What is your PC Game of the Year?

• Total voters
Same here even though I bought it for $45. The Campaign was OK but I can't get into the multiplayer mode.
Everyone is running around in turbo mode compared to BC2. I wish that I had the retail version so it could be sold to someone else.

I haven't played BO since is was released. Just sitting on my hard drive.

I'm a huge BC2 fan and it takes my vote.

I will second that. BC2 is honestly one of the best release I have played. Now with the Vietnam pack out, the game is 10X better. Just waiting on BF3 to come out at this point. :)

It's funnier still how there are actually people out there that think it's better than Metro 2033, Call of Pripyat, Civ V, New Vegas, or even Mafia 2.

For me it probably is better than those games less Civ V probably. I was never a fan of Bethesda Fallout games (Bland, Gamebryo is an ugly engine). S.T.A.L.K.E.R games were never my cup of tea, even though I bought it on steam.

Stalker CoP for me, followed by Bad Company 2 and Mass Effect 2.

Bad Company 2 might have won me over with the latest Vietnam DLC, but I had enough trouble with the original game to move it down below Stalker in my personal rankings.

Voted Fallout New Vegas, despite it's bugs it was a really fun game and was closer to a true fallout 1/2 sequel than fallout 3 was. Best 60+ hours of gameplay since DAO.

BFBC2 was a close 2nd, best multiplayer of the year certainly.

A good year for PC gaming all-in-all. I spent most of my time playing these games and would order them as such:

Mass Effect 2
Bad Company 2
Fallout New Vegas

I would expect I would have listed Red Dead Redemption or Fable III somewhere considering their high ratings on cosoles, but I haven't stooped so low to buy these on Xbox or PS3. where the F are these games for PC?

Just realised that Metro 2033 is the only non sequel on the list as such. The year of the sequel!

Lots of positive comments about New Vegas, I really need to get round to playing it over Xmas. The backlog is getting bad now, I find it maddening if it builds up too much.

Last edited:
Zarathustra[H];1036547006 said:
I have found - however - that while I used to exclusively play multi-player online games and found single player games boring, I now do exactly the opposite. The mindless running around and shooting in online MP games appeals to me less these days, and the story and immersiveness of the single player environments appeal to me more.

Maybe all you need is a six year break, like me? :p

While not quite a six year break from SP games!!, I feel the same. The mindless running around shooting isn't doing it for me any more. It's incredibly refreshing to go back to some of the single player games I've missed. Mass Effect 2, DA : O and Call of Pripyat to name but three. I have Metro 2033, Just Cause 2 & New Vegas to play over Xmas and I'm enjoying being offline more than I ever thought I would.

Definitely spent the most time in Fallout New Vegas so it's my choice, I must say I'm addicted to Bethesda's games and no matter how much other people dislike them I find them highly entertaining.

100+ Hours in Fallout 3
100+ Hours in Fallout New Vegas
400+ Hours in TES4: Oblivion
200+ Hours in TES3: Morrowind

Damn that's alot of time. :p

Mass Effect 2 is my #1 game for 2010 and Battlefield Bad Company 2 is on my #2 list. Those two games made me lost track of time. One minute it's 8PM, the next it's 6:45AM and I have to get ready for work.

Mass Effect 2 is my #1 game for 2010 and Battlefield Bad Company 2 is on my #2 list. Those two games made me lost track of time. One minute it's 8PM, the next it's 6:45AM and I have to get ready for work.

These two actually made me think in the subject a minute but I ultimately voted for ME2 even though it's only SP.

..........and WoW? Really? :rolleyes:

I will agree to that. I have lost track on mulitple times while playing ME2 and BC2. I am just glad that I am not the only one out there that has done that.

I will agree to that. I have lost track on mulitple times while playing ME2 and BC2. I am just glad that I am not the only one out there that has done that.

The last game that really made me loose track of time like that was Batman Arkham Asylum.

For me it probably is better than those games less Civ V probably. I was never a fan of Bethesda Fallout games (Bland, Gamebryo is an ugly engine). S.T.A.L.K.E.R games were never my cup of tea, even though I bought it on steam.

I need to get my video finished. I have about 50GB of FRAPS footage I took from playing it where I just stood on one spot for 60 seconds at a time looking at teammates shooting around endlessly respawning enemies who were shooting around my teammates who were all shooting around me standing out in the open. Such a horribly false peril in those games now that I can't see how anyone can find any value in them. It's basically the same as standing in a room full of speakers blasting gunshot noises.

I'd say Bad Company 2. You appreciate this game with a mouse, keyboard, and high resolution displays.

I'd say Bad Company 2. You appreciate this game with a mouse, keyboard, and high resolution displays.

I love BC2 on PC, but I also appreciate the game with a controller on a high resolution dislay as well. Well.. I do with most games because I dont discrinimate based on control input :)

Great year for gaming. For the shear complexity it may be starcraft 2. I'm a sucker for sci-fi though and Mass Effect 2 may be the best in its genre since kotor.

I think Battlefield Bad Company 2 has a big enough lead to win the poll. A worthy winner.

Thanks to everyone who voted.

For me it was Just Cause 2. The most fun I had with a game in years. I also really liked Metro 2033, but Just Cause 2 really takes the cake.

Back