What is your PC Game of the Year?

What is your PC Game of the Year?

• Total voters
Metro 2033 felt like one big continuos set piece - at no time was I ever bored or not in awe. The DX 11 depth of field was the single most amazing effect I've ever seen in a game, and I can't believe that some people wanted to turn it off.

Best FPS I've played since Half Life 2.

BC2 gets my vote. Really enjoyed the original Battlefield series and this latest installment hasn't let me down yet.

I played Age of Conan for the first time this year and it gets my vote for the best game I played, had a blast with it :D

The only 2010 game I have is Mass Effect 2, but I haven't got far into it, and from what I have seen so far I doubt I will enjoy it more than Conan.

Honestly, I rarely play new games because they are so expensive. I usually hold out for older games that are on sale. Both console and PC. There are tons of good games I haven't played, so I don't buy new unless it is something I really want; like Diablo 3, I'll buy that new at full price.

But something like Black Ops, no way I'm paying full price for another COD game. ME2 I didn't even get for me, I got it off Steam for my son.

I played Age of Conan for the first time this year and it gets my vote for the best game I played, had a blast with it :D

The only 2010 game I have is Mass Effect 2, but I haven't got far into it, and from what I have seen so far I doubt I will enjoy it more than Conan.

Honestly, I rarely play new games because they are so expensive. I usually hold out for older games that are on sale. Both console and PC. There are tons of good games I haven't played, so I don't buy new unless it is something I really want; like Diablo 3, I'll buy that new at full price.

But something like Black Ops, no way I'm paying full price for another COD game. ME2 I didn't even get for me, I got it off Steam for my son.

I am never buying another Activision game.

I am never buying another Activision game.

I felt that way about Acclaim. They screwed Turok with Evolution and I swore I would never buy another Acclaim game again. It was sweet payback when they went under, although I felt sorry for the devs that were hurt by it.

Arma 2.

quick question. i got ME1 months ago.. is it worth playing through it? does it have a compelling storyline?

Mass Effect 2 for me.

I haven't played FO:NV yet, but it it was anything like FO3, it would have given ME2 a run for its money for my vote.

Metro 2033 felt like one big continuos set piece - at no time was I ever bored or not in awe. The DX 11 depth of field was the single most amazing effect I've ever seen in a game, and I can't believe that some people wanted to turn it off.

I really must get round to playing Metro 2033 properly, I enjoyed the STALKER games so I hope I will enjoy Metro too. I understand it is far more linear but that's fine

I bought it off Steam but I've only played 30 minutes so far. And most of that was spent trying to sort out the FOV of 45!

out of that list of games, Bad Company 2 hands down with Civ 5 being the runner up. the ability to do so many mods on Civ 5 makes it a great game.

Arma 2.

quick question. i got ME1 months ago.. is it worth playing through it? does it have a compelling storyline?

Arma 2 wasn't released this year!

ME1certainly has a compelling story. It's the strongest aspect of the game. I much preferred the sequel though. Less bloat, dialogue was sharper and the inventory system was removed.

Arma 2 wasn't released this year!

ME1certainly has a compelling story. It's the strongest aspect of the game. I much preferred the sequel though. Less bloat, dialogue was sharper and the inventory system was removed.

Arma 2 OA i mean

I agree.

My only qualm with Metro 2033 was that it was a little bit too scripted. (probably as a result of being a console release) I would have liked it better Stalker style, if you had free roam of the tunnels and areas to go.

As far as the DX11 features go I wanted them all on, but hardware limitations forced me otherwise. I had to overclock my GTX470 (at the time I played it) to 825/4000 in order to get it to run smoothly at 1920x1200, AAA, had high settings. Even then it dropped lower then I wanted on occasion.

I may try replaying it again with everything on when I get my second GTX580...

I'm kind of disappointed S.T.A.L.K.E.R isn't doing better. What an underappreciated game.

That series is certainly better than any FPS game ever ported from a console...

Zarathustra[H];1036574858 said:
I'm kind of disappointed S.T.A.L.K.E.R isn't doing better. What an underappreciated game.

That series is certainly better than any FPS game ever ported from a console...

Yeah I'm a bit disappointed too. Although I'm not surprised STALKER isn't gaining more votes. It has a hardcore cult following and is simply not as mainstream as some of the other titles on the list.

All the better for it I say. The trilogy is unique and beguiling in equal measure.

The three games favored by the majority are the three of the four I was most meh about myself. Though I can at least see how people would pick them.

It's kinda funny how Black Ops is just sitting there in spite of selling over $1 billion worth

I think for me and everyone else the Call of Duty series topped out with the original Modern Warfare. I might be wrong, but that seems like the general consensus. That and look at the music industry, the amount you sell isn't a direct correlation to quality. :p

It was a toss up for me between ME2 ans Sc2, in the end I gave it to starcraft 'cause of the multiplayer. Though if I could have I'd vote for both any day.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

No obnoxious DRM, no bizarre limits on amount of maps or mods you can have installed, an indie game that breaks new ground with production values you'd expect to bear a higher price.

And one of the few real horror games I've played. Unfortunately not a niche that has universal appeal.

This year was the most unimpressive year I can ever remember in gaming. :(

I would vote none of the above if that was a choice......

This year was the most unimpressive year I can ever remember in gaming. :(

I would vote none of the above if that was a choice......

Not a superb year, but not even one decent one? Surely you haven't tried them all.

Not a superb year, but not even one decent one? Surely you haven't tried them all.

Decent games don't deserve to be "Game of the Year". I've played most of the games on that list and wasn't impressed more than "It's OK"... Does that sound like GOTY to you? ;)

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

No obnoxious DRM, no bizarre limits on amount of maps or mods you can have installed, an indie game that breaks new ground with production values you'd expect to bear a higher price.

And one of the few real horror games I've played. Unfortunately not a niche that has universal appeal.

Definitely one of the best horror games out, I got a good deal on it and it was worth it.

Mass Effect 2 ... I just finished my 3rd play-through. The interiors of the collector ships are some of the greatest set pieces I have seen in a game. I really enjoyed the human reaper hybrid battle.

Decent games don't deserve to be "Game of the Year". I've played most of the games on that list and wasn't impressed more than "It's OK"... Does that sound like GOTY to you? ;)

Maybe you just don't like gaming anymore? :confused:

Mass Effect 2 ... I just finished my 3rd play-through. The interiors of the collector ships are some of the greatest set pieces I have seen in a game. I really enjoyed the human reaper hybrid battle.

I agree. Most of the parts in ME2 were really phenomenal. The only thing that I wasn't impressed by is the last fight. Other than that the game was great and truly the largest that I have played.

Worst $60 ever spent.

Same here even though I bought it for $45. The Campaign was OK but I can't get into the multiplayer mode.
Everyone is running around in turbo mode compared to BC2. I wish that I had the retail version so it could be sold to someone else.

I haven't played BO since is was released. Just sitting on my hard drive.

I'm a huge BC2 fan and it takes my vote.

It's kinda funny how Black Ops is just sitting there in spite of selling over $1 billion worth

It's funnier still how there are actually people out there that think it's better than Metro 2033, Call of Pripyat, Civ V, New Vegas, or even Mafia 2.

Back