What is your favorite brand of Video card? (non-OEM)

EVGA for anything Nvidia.. when I buy AMD i've had good luck with sapphire and powercolor

I forgot I also had Matrox and STB (good old M3d and voodoo cards)

I've never had a favorite brand because lets face it -- every one of these companies has released something that I would deem absolute trash over the years.

In the early to mid 90s it was easily any Hercules card w/ Tseng chip on it (ET4000 VLB, etc). Late 90s I was into matrox and honestly didn't care much for glide/voodoo cards at the time. 00s almost entirely dominated by sapphire radeon cards and for Nvidia a tossup between BFG and XFX (I LOVE the xfx 7950 GT Passive cooled, so sexy...)

Looks like the heavy hitters over the past 10-12 years have been Sapphire for ATi/AMD and EVGA for Nvidia (though I think the EVGA 1080ti cards are atrocious looking, and 2080Ti still not so nice at all).

I go with the cheapest that meets my minimum requirement (design, noise, ...)

xfx double life time warranty, i will transfer the card to my grand child and when he is 90 years old he will rma it and get a replacement. Pure profit.

for real tough trying to do an rma with xfx right now will see how it goes but it should be smooth.

edit: it is not smooth the people that work there have no idea what products they even sell. Dude trying to tell me i don't have a life time warranty. Same dude trying to tell me that what is on the xfx support page does not exist. This might be a shit show boys, courtesy of xfx.

Last edited:
I am asking about favorite aftermarket (non-OEM) card maker.

Gigabyte..?
MSI..?
ASUS..?
Sapphire..?
Power Color..?
etc..?

When choosing any nvidia card, innately chose EVGA. I must have 4 or 5 EVGA cards laying around, but EVGA is exclusive to Nvidia. I've been looking at Vega64 reviews & at the different manufacturers approach to cooling these AIO are using. Seen what reviews have said about each manufacturers approach, but what say you?

I am asking/interested, because I plan on building a small frag box around AMD's new x570 and will be using the new Navi card in this build. TwinFrozrs stood out, but I need as much cooling as I can afford, to push reliability and longevity. I am almost certain I want to go AIO liquid cooling at this point for ease of installation and quietness. And might be easier in a small case, bcz I am thinking of going m-ATX, or even smaller.

I'm honestly all over the place, I used to use XFX a lot (my last card), but I have sapphire in my box, power color in my daughters box, gigabyte in my other daughters box, and asus in my sons box... honestly it's whatever is on sale at the time I am looking that isn't a crap product. The one thing about my XFX that was annoying is that since they didn't just use the reference design, none of the water blocks or aftermarket stuff would fit, so.. yeah, if you want to go AIO make sure you check to see if blocks are available for the card!

I love me some EVGA. Video cards and power supplies. Their warranty is top-notch.

I haven't owned AMD cards enough to comment there. Edit: What the heck.. my last AMD was MSI and I purchased a pair of them. One was DOA and MSI pushed me to the retailer for replacement as it would have taken "weeks" to get a card from them.. their words.

For Nvidia I go with reference or preferably, EVGA. I think some of the other parties make superior cooling solutions but their customer service sucks and I prefer a transferable warranty. Asus in particular has screwed me sideways on customer service so I avoid them like the plague.

Nvidia was better than expected when I had issues with a 2080 Ti.

Whatever delivers full specs as to performance, has a good warranty and will readily accept a full coverage waterblock. That's typically been EVGA.

Back