What is with all the noobs wanting established traders to ship first?!?

Just like in a store, if you want the goods, you give the money first. It is up to the person sending the money to ask, then checkout all the seller's refrences.

PawNtheSandman said:
Just like in a store, if you want the goods, you give the money first. It is up to the person sending the money to ask, then checkout all the seller's refrences.

or you pull out the credit card, which is what good references are, credit. ;)

Flame02 said:
exactly, im sick of all the "expert traders" in a damn forum thinking they can call the shots just because they are experienced? In a real life situation with bid comanies, we the consumer, pay first then receive good. It will always be like that and i dont suggest shipping goods before payment. ya im a noob to hardforum, but ive been in this business for a while and dont care what all u "experts" say. PAY FIRST, SHIP AFTER PAYMENT!

noone said you have to. So don't. sheesh, have a cornary, will you. :rolleyes:

Rogue4mula said:
I threw $425 at some guy in cali with no heat... how trusting (or stupid) is that?! :cool: the card should come today btw...

so did the card come yet :eek:

Token User said:
That is just BS. When in life do you get a deal where someone gives you something, and then you pay them?

Pay first, then receive.

Private transactions are always a risk. If the deal sounds dicey, or your not happy with the terms (pay first/ship first), then go somewhere else to buy.

As a seller, I want my $$$ before I hand over the goods. I don't have a HEAT ranking ... got a great eBay ranking, but no HEAT. Does that make me a bad trader?
what an idiot!

where in the world do you not know anything about or even see the person you are dealing with?

get real!

PawNtheSandman said:
you are not in a store or even close to anything like it... this is just an ignorant comment.

you are dealing with an individual and most often times with used stuff you can't even see - references is the only way to know something about who you are dealing with.

you can't compare it to dealing with a store as most stores you deal with already have established reputations... the good ones we buy from and the bad ones we avoid!

don't just argue to be arguing - to send money to an unestablished trader is irresponsible and should never even cross your mind.

Sorry, but no; this isn't "just like in a store".

In a store, you know;

1: Exactly who you're dealing with.

2: Exactly who to go to if you are ripped off.

3: Exactly where your money went.

The internet is as anonymous as business gets. Even organized sites like Ebay are different than sales on a forum. Ebay at least has a few guidelines to protect buyers.

The detail of who ships first in an unofficial deal on the internet is based on credibility alone. The item being shipped (Whether it is goods or cash) is irrelevant.

WickedAngel said:
Sorry, but no; this isn't "just like in a store".

In a store, you know;

1: Exactly who you're dealing with.

2: Exactly who to go to if you are ripped off.

3: Exactly where your money went.

The internet is as anonymous as business gets. Even organized sites like Ebay are different than sales on a forum. Ebay at least has a few guidelines to protect buyers.

The detail of who ships first in an unofficial deal on the internet is based on credibility alone. The item being shipped (Whether it is goods or cash) is irrelevant.
here here!

TB40ND said:
.........*SNIP*........

WickedAngel said:
....*SNIP*........

that's exactly what I'm getting at fellas :cool:

for all the noobs whineing about how we "godamned established traders" are going to make you ship first, think a little b4 shooting your mouth off. It's been said, several times that we can't (and even if we could, we shouldn't) force noobs to ship first. It's a choice, just like when the noob with 2 weeks reg time, no heat and 13 egay fb wants me to send $438 first for $5600 worth of stuff, I choose to say :no, you send first. kthxbye ;)

i had no heat when i sold my first thingamajig.. and i did not ship first.. no way am i lettin g go of anything worth more then 10$$ with out first being compensated

Back