What is this?

KodiakStar

/'s by 0
So. Hai guyz. What do you do around here?

Where's the mojo? I don't know what half of these threads are about anymore.

Are there any old relics around here? Headless boxen, daily sacrifices to the borg?

It's all about folding on 4P machines these days and regaining the #1 position back from EVGA. Everything else is just noise. :)

Neekid 4P G34 boxen everywhere!

I guess that would count as headless, as only a cat5 and power cable are hooked up.

We are so very close to taking back #1.... been a long time coming.

We also have a folder funded giveaway going. $100 for five months with extra boxen bits thrown in.

As far as old relic(s). It is still his fault, but the last sighting had been quite a while ago. :(

The only 4P's I know of are bars. And I think they have all been shut down?!

Seems like the points to WU are beyond insane now...

Kicked the dust off my old machine, but not sure how far it will go, couple WU a week can't hurt though I suppose.

There have been some big changes since way back when...... good to see ya.

The only 4P's I know of are bars. And I think they have all been shut down?!

Seems like the points to WU are beyond insane now...

Kicked the dust off my old machine, but not sure how far it will go, couple WU a week can't hurt though I suppose.

The days of rooms filled with socket A Athlons / Celerons are gone.

Now four socket G34 rigs with 32/48 cores per boxen rule the roost.

Last edited:
That doesn't sound like a deal to me :(

Guess I won't work at pulling up my old p3's :p

That doesn't sound like a deal to me :(

Guess I won't work at pulling up my old p3's :p

It's your electricty bills :p

The points/electricity of that would be killer (in the bad way). Have at least a G80 or newer nvidia card folding. Or a cheap Core i-x rig.

~2-3k if you can find deals

I do my part to fold for the [H]orde, but no offence, I can come up with quite a number of things that I could drop that much on first. ;-). I'll just contribute like I have been for the last seven years, sometimes with just a single core. I do admire those that have the server farms, or the resources to post up 10x's what I do in a day - just fold!

O, i agree, i wont spend that much for folding either, but more power to those that can

I intend to build a 4pusers also, but it will do other things while folding to justify the cost. Such as being a daily backup rig for my sites.

Hmmm. I have a...... silver box..... ATI Radeon HD 4800 card... and some Intel E5200 chip. I don't even remember when I built this thing ;)

The points to WU ratio is crazy. Seeing these people with half the WU's I have and points in the millions. /Sigh

I'll stick to the shadows plodding along again for a while

KodiakStar,
Every effort, large and small goes towards the same objective.
When I joined [H], I was averaging a whopping 12 points per WU.

Even if it is just your spare CPU time, everything helps.

Thanks for everything you did in the past and thanks for coming back and firing up whatever you can to help.

Hmmm. I have a...... silver box..... ATI Radeon HD 4800 card... and some Intel E5200 chip. I don't even remember when I built this thing ;)

get that thing folding! Sounds good! The CPU will give you probably 2k-3k ppd, I have no idea about the ATI gpu (they don't do as good as nvidia cards)... could be anywhere between 2k-4k ppd right? Good step in the right direction.

get that thing folding! Sounds good! The CPU will give you probably 2k-3k ppd, I have no idea about the ATI gpu (they don't do as good as nvidia cards)... could be anywhere between 2k-4k ppd right? Good step in the right direction.

Alas support for 4xxx radeon cards is being stopped and the last few WU are being processed.

Its something to do with the version of opencl that 4xxx cards support

It's all about folding on 4P machines these days and regaining the #1 position back from EVGA. Everything else is just noise. :)

I dont agree with this entirely.

A good portion of us still use i7's, 1090T's or stick with video card folding. Only the lucky have 4P or even 2P systems.

ChelseaOilman has always been in a league all their own.....

and the silver boxen is folding like a deck of old cards. Must be around 2k a day, who knows. No contests for me. oh well.

I don't even know what a q666 is. :(

Looking at old threads. So many people aren't active on the forums.

All these young whippersnappers.

http://ark.intel.com/products/29765/Intel-Core2-Quad-Processor-Q6600-(8M-Cache-2_40-GHz-1066-MHz-FSB)

If you are running an old dual core S775 rig, there is a very good chance that a Q6600 should be a drop in upgrade. They OC well, 3.4 should be a cakewalk. And 5k or more ppd should be doable.

Heck someone might even have one laying around or would swap ya for your dual core.

Edit: don't go to Ebay. They want way too much for one. Just ask around here if you think the upgrade is possible with your mobo.

I don't even know what a q666 is. :(

Looking at old threads. So many people aren't active on the forums.

All these young whippersnappers.

Things have changed since I started with my Athlon xp, for sure. But the goals are still the same !

Hey KodiakStar;
Don't forget, the vast majority are silent folders. Heck, I just got my first >4k PPD system, a 2P off the DC FS/FT board. If nobody has a processor for you let me know, I might have one (but have to check at home).

Hey KodiakStar;
Don't forget, the vast majority are silent folders. Heck, I just got my first >4k PPD system, a 2P off the DC FS/FT board. If nobody has a processor for you let me know, I might have one (but have to check at home).

This is true, we are a vocal minority, and the guys on IRC even more so:D

I have to say the FS section isnt just for 4P systems.

If you have a s775 system with a dual core chip in it and want to upgrade, make a WTB post. I best someone out there has something.

Whoever takes the blame has to make the mojo.

It might be a little while before I can buy new toys. My other hobbies have been expensive lately too.

The days of rooms filled with socket A Athlons / Celerons are gone.

Now four socket G34 rigs with 32/48 cores per boxen rule the roost.

Think this quad E5-4650 might have something to say about G34's ruling the roost! :p
(Pity it's not mine and won't have it for much longer... sigh. Going to start it back up soon and do all I can with it until they pry it away from me! :D )

I do not think you want to trust me with the mojo. What would be spawned would not be of this earth.

Well relic spilled mojo all over his kitchen and boxen he was working on.

Turned them all pink if I remember.

Mojo has never really been anything that was meant to be on this planet.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=764094

Hmm, looking at old threads, mages super f@h installer, yurt, case badges, desktop backgrounds.. Mary, tigerbiten (never did find out how that happened)...Mod attacks, Moose going crazy, Kyle taking over, King_N always lurking in the background.

I could go on and on. Man I feel old.

Think this quad E5-4650 might have something to say about G34's ruling the roost! :p
(Pity it's not mine and won't have it for much longer... sigh. Going to start it back up soon and do all I can with it until they pry it away from me! :D )

I am pretty sure a quad E5 gets smoked by a quad G34. I am also sure 8-way 8c gets beat by a mildly OCed 4P G34. I think the 8-way 10c will start to pull away from an OCed 4P g34.

Patriot has a lot of data on the comparisons :) This thread has some details Link

Mojo has never really been anything that was meant to be on this planet.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=764094

Hmm, looking at old threads, mages super f@h installer, yurt, case badges, desktop backgrounds.. Mary, tigerbiten (never did find out how that happened)...Mod attacks, Moose going crazy, Kyle taking over, King_N always lurking in the background.

I could go on and on. Man I feel old.

K*, in all seriousness, you should start a series of "fireside chat" threads where you regale us with some of the classic stories of the old days.

I was folding back then but not heavily involved in the forums. I would love to hear the stories.

I am pretty sure a quad E5 gets smoked by a quad G34. I am also sure 8-way 8c gets beat by a mildly OCed 4P G34. I think the 8-way 10c will start to pull away from an OCed 4P g34.

Patriot has a lot of data on the comparisons :) This thread has some details Link

e5 is 2011, e7 is 1567...
4p of 2011 (4x E5-4650) is about 20% faster than harbringer... and its no mildly overclocked G34, 4p of 1567 falls behind a good bit (4x E7-4870s) ~20%

I really don't know what is wrong with Deeeebs' 8way octo 1567 rig... but I blow it to kindom come with harbringer and I really shouldn't ....

OK, I stand corrected or as a dumbass. Not sure which is more right at the moment :D

Back