• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What is the problem here?

Dougx1317

n00b
Joined
Oct 10, 2009
Messages
20
My computer was working perfectly yesterday, but when I turned it on today I got an error. It posted and then went to "DMA-1 Error System halted". I checked all of the cables and reseated the RAM, and the symptoms changed. Now it gets to the "Start System Normally", "Enter Windows Recovery", "Safe Mode", ect. No matter which option I choose, it starts its task and then restarts the computer. It will get to the Windows loading screen and restart the computer. It will just go in a loop until I shut it off. I can still enter the bios and see the harddrive there. What is wrong here? Is it a hardware issue? What can I try to resolve it?

Pentium D 925
ECS PT890T-A
2GB OCZ 800Mhz
Vista Ultimate 32-bit
 
Thanks for the link, but I'm still a bit confused about the problem. Is it with the motherboard or hard drive or something else? I've tried the trouble shooting guide, but it didn't help. Does anyone else have opinions on this?
 
Back
Top