What is the highest metacritic-scored game that you dislike in your library?

tzhu07

Gawd
Company of Heroes.

93% rating but strategy gameplay mechanics are not my thing.

Probably Warcraft 3 (92%). I enjoyed the first two games, but just couldn't get into the third.

HL2 (96). I don't like it and it's not some perfect game. But it's not really a terrible game, just a boring overhyped 7.5/10 kind of thing, not a Brink.
Crysis (91) is a pretty terrible game. Ignoring the graphics, it doesn't really have any redeeming features (the "open world" thing is just a wide corridor, and the combat is dull and gimmicky). Probably 7/10.
Dragon Age Origins (91) never really worked for me. I didn't like the feel of the combat, (even though i've played a bunch of games with similar combat, there was just something...off), so never really could get into it. But again it's not a terrible game.

Should do the opposite! Games you really like that got really bad Metacritic ratings. Which would be Monster Hunter with it's 67...3 points below Brink...:confused: (the user score is 93 however...)

Max Payne 3 (87).
Man this game is shit compared to earlier ones, cut scenes ruin the game totally. Hey i finished this sequence hopefully i can get some ammo now... NOPE, cut scene here and you're thrown into battlefield with 10 ammo. Just because cut scene started right after killing the last opponent rather than going to through a checkpoint, when you've gotten maybe a gun with ammo.
Also for "chesthighwallcovergame" the cover systems is rather retarded, you can shoot over the cover but not from the sides if the cover is those chesthighwalls...

Loved the max payne where you could go in guns blazing but not this.

total war shogun 2 (90)

not at all what i was expecting. didn't quite scratch the civ building/fighting itch that i had when i bought it. played it for three hours and didn't like any of the mechanics at all.

WoW maybe ... I just don't have the patience for that level of grinding anymore in games and I am primarily a single player gamer so an MMO isn't really a good fit for me

Max Payne 3 (79) they simply ruined this title. Payne looks like a prisoner or mafia guy. Plot ain't good too.

TF2. There is nothing particularly wrong with the game but I don't like competitive MP so it sits in my dislike folder on Steam.

As for the flip side of that...I have no idea. Too many games to look at to find the lowest scoring one. Maybe Hydrophobia or Last Remnant.

I can agree with Company of Heroes. I preferred the Men of War / (and prequels/sequels) mechanics. Couldn't get into CoH, seemed too cartoonish for a war game.

Portal 2. I loved the original but all that talking in P2 quite literally enraged me a few times. Fuck you, you piece of shit storytellers. They never shut up. All that unnecessary walking, all that useless talking. FU, I still want my money back.

The only Valve (even though its Turtle Rock) game with talking I can endure and even tolerate is Left 4 Dead/2.

Portal 2. I loved the original but all that talking in P2 quite literally enraged me a few times. Fuck you, you piece of shit storytellers.The only Valve (even though its Turtle Rock) game with talking I can endure and even tolerate is Left 4 Dead/2.

L4D2 was done internally by Valve. Valve closed Turtle Rock in 2008 and moved those who wanted to to Seattle. The current form of Turtle Rock Studios does not work with Valve.

L4D was basically done by the time Valve took over.

BF3. The game is so-so, but it drops even lower in my opinion because everyone talks about it, plays it, talks about playing it, plays about talking it, holy crap. Half the subjects in any computer forum in the last year were about maxing BF3, building a computer to max BF3, why can't my computer play BF3 with 60fps, what does it take to run BF3, is my dog a dog or a cat, etc. It makes me want to stab my eyes out over an otherwise normal bland modern warfare game. It seems to have finally died down though, and for that I am glad so I can lay my irrational hate of the game to rest.

Metro 2033 (81) and Dungeon Defenders (81) are the two highest examples I can think of in my Steam library.

I couldn't stand the stealth parts of Metro and Dungeon Defenders seems clunky, slow, and overly complex when compared to a game like Orcs Must Die.

Metro 2033 (81) and Dungeon Defenders (81) are the two highest examples I can think of in my Steam library.

I couldn't stand the stealth parts of Metro and Dungeon Defenders seems clunky, slow, and overly complex when compared to a game like Orcs Must Die.

I like Metro but yeah the stealth parts are not great. DD is a bit more clunky than OMD but it gets better doing coop. DD is really balanced around multiplayer its kind of crap in single player.

I actually loved the stealth parts of metro, and I am usually not a fan of stealth games at all. Maybe that's why I liked it??

Anyways, far cry 3 is highest on my list at 88. I don't known what it is, just didn't like it.

I can agree with Company of Heroes. I preferred the Men of War / (and prequels/sequels) mechanics. Couldn't get into CoH, seemed too cartoonish for a war game.

men of war is fucking amazing game.

Far Cry 3. 88 on metacritic but after beating it I feel its more a 70-75 at the most. Started off extremely good but the ending parts were shit. Complete shit.

Oh well...can't enjoy everything! I am playing Spec Ops: The Line and am finding it quite amazing! Love the story!

half life 1/2. just dont see whats so great about these games, never finished either.

Far Cry 2 (85). Did not like. The user review are much more inline with how rate and feel about the game. (5.6)
This makes me not want to buy Far Cry 3.

Far Cry 2 (85). Did not like. The user review are much more inline with how rate and feel about the game. (5.6)

Far Cry 3 is much better. It is a lot like FC2 in a number of ways but it's done right.

Derangel said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by KENNYB

Far Cry 3 is much better. It is a lot like FC2 in a number of ways but it's done right.

I still won't get over their 'skyrim with guns' claim. its a good game but seriously fucking retarded thing to say

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

Borderlands 2 (89) is the most boring cooperative game I've played in a long time.

Gotta agree there, the first half of the first play through was plenty fun, currently sitting about half way through the second play through and it's difficult to work up the desire to continue. The game drags on, the quests are all "been there, done that" literally, loot drops are underwhelming, overall, the game just doesn't have that charm or draw that the first borderlands had for me.

Rome: Total War (92)

I love strategy games, but I just can't get "in to" Rome: TW. Not sure what it is, but it bores the crap out of me and I'm not a fan of the camera control. Just give me a top down approach like other strategy games please. I do plan on trying to play it again before the new one is released though.

Half Life 2 definitely takes the cake for me. Not particularly a compelling plot, and WAYYYYY too long for a shooter, IMO. Those awful awful canal skimming and dune buggy levels...

Trine 1/2, Bastion, and my latest, Sine Mora are also worthy of mention in this thread. I'm a huge shmup fan, and this one is just uninspired, despite the heaps of praise I've seen.

HL2 most over rated game ever
oblivion second most over rated game ever
bioshock third most over rated game ever

This is a easy one Bioshock. If Far Cry 2 was still in my possesion that would be number 1. I will give a shout out and say Far Cry 3 was actually much better.

The Witcher and The Witcher 2 (88%).

I literally do not know how you guys can play this. The combat system is a bunch of win button, quick time bullshit. Oh, you are a fast little guy? Guess I best press my "kill fast little guys" stance button and start mashing my mouse, then I'll press my "kill magic guys" button to bring out my silver sword for a little mashin'. I'm gonna be herping ma sword on your derp until you fall down, then maybe I'll drink some roots and throw some rocks at you just to break the monotony. Ugh. If this is what passes as strategic combat, I'll stick to Skyrim where at least it's fun stupidity.

The Witcher and The Witcher 2 (88%).

I literally do not know how you guys can play this. The combat system is a bunch of win button, quick time bullshit. Oh, you are a fast little guy? Guess I best press my "kill fast little guys" stance button and start mashing my mouse, then I'll press my "kill magic guys" button to bring out my silver sword for a little mashin'. I'm gonna be herping ma sword on your derp until you fall down, then maybe I'll drink some roots and throw some rocks at you just to break the monotony. Ugh. If this is what passes as strategic combat, I'll stick to Skyrim where at least it's fun stupidity.

That can describe combat in the Witcher but the Witcher 2s combat system is completely different.

Back