Status
Not open for further replies.

deddyeka

Limp Gawd
any idea .. is it the best ?

or given for free to test

how about the warranty ?

thanks before

It is my understanding they used to have unlocked multipliers and above average silicone that said it's still the luck of the draw and I'm talking about the last time I heard about available ES's not sure about i7 if that's what your asking. For warranty consult the seller.

I think this article from wikipedia sums it up pretty well:

'Engineering samples' are the beta products of CPU's that are meant to be used as demonstrators. Usually, they are picked out of a very large bunch and perform well. However, they may have many flaws that were fixed in the production model.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engineering_sample_(CPU)

The unlocked multiplier is used for frequency headroom testing. While ES chips maybe overclock and perform well, they may be riddled with flaws and high power consumption that eventually gets revised in production models.

I also think its very unlikely you'll be able to purchase an ES with a warrenty as it's not a final production release model. These chips are meant for internal testing by Intel.

Aren't they distributed to top review sites so they'll give the company a good review for high overclocks?

Anyone sellling an ES is commiting a crime, as they are the property of Intel.

They're not all unlocked, it depends on which revision you get. There is no implied warranty on the chip, either. They're not supposed to be distributed to consumers. They are generally found (in consumer channels) through employees that get their hands on them and offload them. Supposedly, they are provisionally given to employees with the understanding that they are intel property.

I've had a couple pass through my work bench(es), but nothing really recent...

Anyone sellling an ES is commiting a crime, as they are the property of Intel.

Your overgeneralization is completely wrong. While some may be the property of Intel that does not mean that every engineering sample ever made is the property of Intel and none are ever given away.

Your overgeneralization is completely wrong. While some may be the property of Intel that does not mean that every engineering sample ever made is the property of Intel and none are ever given away.

Actually, it does. Engineering samples are not given away, they're loaned. Regardless of who happens to be in possession of a chip at any given time, they are still all the property of Intel, and it is illegal to resell them since anyone who is sent an ES chip is bound by an agreement with Intel.

Actually, it does. Engineering samples are not given away, they're loaned. Regardless of who happens to be in possession of a chip at any given time, they are still all the property of Intel, and it is illegal to resell them since anyone who is sent an ES chip is bound by an agreement with Intel.

so do you work as the bookkeeper at Intel who keeps track of every single engineering sample and can guarantee me no ES has EVER been given to someone, including employees, and not kept in the sole ownership of Intel? Give me a fucking break. That claim is stupid and based on absolutely no facts. Also, if someone is a bona fide purchaser of the engineering sample from someone Intel entrusted with the chip then that person has no legal obligation to give the chip back to Intel. Intel could have a cause of action against the seller, but as a bona fide purchaser of a good whos possessor had voidable title he is in the clear.

so do you work as the bookkeeper at Intel who keeps track of every single engineering sample and can guarantee me no ES has EVER been given to someone, including employees, and not kept in the sole ownership of Intel? Give me a fucking break. That claim is stupid and based on absolutely no facts.

Read and learn: http://www.intel.com/support/processors/sb/cs-001616.htm

I'm through dealing with idiots like you.

Read and learn: http://www.intel.com/support/processors/sb/cs-001616.htm

I'm through dealing with idiots like you.

You are a complete fucking idiot. You disregarded everything about the law which I stated and you fail to take into account that regardless of what is in that link companies sometimes GIVE employees products. You are so small minded you cannot imagine anything outside of your world and don't even consider that not everything is done the same way a company states in its official documentation. I repeat, show me that you work for Intel and keep control of ALL ES chips and they have NEVER been given to an employee or any other person.

OOOO ive gotten 4 ES in my life time 2 of which were intel chips.... 2 being a GPU's

SO yeah .... controlling them will never happen :p

You are a complete fucking idiot. You disregarded everything about the law which I stated and you fail to take into account that regardless of what is in that link companies sometimes GIVE employees products. You are so small minded you cannot imagine anything outside of your world and don't even consider that not everything is done the same way a company states in its official documentation. I repeat, show me that you work for Intel and keep control of ALL ES chips and they have NEVER been given to an employee or any other person.

Direct from the source:
ES processors are available to those who qualify for, and obtain, an NDA. An Intel® Authorized Distributor can assist with the application to obtain an NDA. There are no other means to obtain sample processors from Intel Customer Support.
Notice the part in bold. Also, this:
Engineering sample processors from Intel are property of Intel Corporation.

All you really have to do is look at the fucking law. Read and learn about voidable title. Read and learn about what a bona fide purchaser is. Here is just ONE scenerio to show you are a fucking dumbass to make a broad generalization that something is always one one. Chip is loaned to A, giving A voidable title of the chip. A then sells to B a bona fide purchaser. B then has CLEAR TITLE OF THE CHIP AND IS THE SOLE OWNER. If B sells or gives the chip to anyone else B is doing NOTHING WRONG.
A brainiac like you will never be able to figure this out though and you've already shown you are a hypocrite by saying you wouldn't respond to me and then doing it not 15 minutes later.

All you really have to do is look at the fucking law. Read and learn about voidable title. Read and learn about what a bona fide purchaser is. Here is just ONE scenerio to show you are a fucking dumbass to make a broad generalization that something is always one one. Chip is loaned to A, giving A voidable title of the chip. A then sells to B a bona fide purchaser. B then has CLEAR TITLE OF THE CHIP AND IS THE SOLE OWNER. If B sells or gives the chip to anyone else B is doing NOTHING WRONG.

According to the NDA which anyone who obtains an ES must sign, any ES chip is the sole property of Intel. Therefore, no one aside from Intel themselves has the right to sell an ES to anyone else.

According to the NDA which anyone who obtains an ES must sign, any ES chip is the sole property of Intel. Therefore, no one aside from Intel themselves has the right to sell an ES to anyone else.

You obviously don't get a simple argument. I will explain this one more time. Intel would have a cause of action against A in my scenario. B would be the owner of the chip. It's that simple. I don't care what disclaimers Intel puts on its site. Go read a fucking law book and you would hopefully understand.

I have had 2 different es cd2 cpu's and multi was locked on both. they also didnt do as well as the retail i later bought. by the way, i ordered oem and got es cpu's

You obviously don't get a simple argument. I will explain this one more time. Intel would have a cause of action against A in my scenario. B would be the owner of the chip. It's that simple. I don't care what disclaimers Intel puts on its site. Go read a fucking law book and you would hopefully understand.

I'm not a lawyer. However, I'm quite sure that between the different members of Intel's legal team, they've read quite a few more law books than you have. I'm not making the argument here, they are. If you have a problem with Intel's statement that all ES CPUs are their property, then feel free to send them a message detailing all the many ways in which they are wrong. However, don't bitch to me about the policies that are clearly stated by Intel themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back