• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

what is everyones preferred desktop resolution?

Joined
Oct 1, 2004
Messages
626
My personal fav is and has always been for the last 6 years 1024x768 for my desktop resolution.

Now i have a fairly big monitor, 21 inch crt. Am i living in the past here? Should i have my res higher than that?



thanks



Eric
 
it's all relative, if you are happy with that then you are happy with that, it's all about what you need

me personally I run at 1280x1024 on my 19" CRT's
 
My past 6 years has been at 1600x1200 with a 21" CRT. Now I'm running at 1920x1200 with the 24" Widescreen. Love having all that room - and I like text small, yet readable.
 
On my 17" Monitors I run them at 1024x768.

On my 19" Monitor I run it at 1280x1024. So roomy.
 
My LCD at home has 1280X1024 pixels, so that's my res.

My work comp I run at 1024x768

My HTPC runs the HDTV at 720X480

My PDA runs at 320x240 :p
 
Makave7i Tha Don said:
My personal fav is and has always been for the last 6 years 1024x768 for my desktop resolution.

Now i have a fairly big monitor, 21 inch crt. Am i living in the past here? Should i have my res higher than that?



thanks



Eric

I think you're nuts. 1024 is the native resolution of a 15" LCD. It's also what we run on all our OLD 17" Dell CRTs at work, and I can't stand it.

When you have a 20.1" widescreen at home that runs 1680x1050 where you can put two word documents side by side, or one AIM window, Winamp, and Firefox all next to eachother on screen with plenty of space, then you'll never go back to 1280x1024, much less 1024x768.
 
1280*1024.

I can't believe that many people still use 1024*768. After getting so used to 1280.. everything at 1024 looks so huge, haha.
 
2560*1024 in dualdisplay, watching the bourne supremacy dvd right now aswell as posting. Brilliant.
 
2560x1600 on a 30" Apple Cinema HD Display connected to 2 GeForce 7800 GTX in SLI.

I could only dream...

1280x1024 on my Samsung 710N.
 
Running at 1280x1024 on a 17" CRT. Wish it would go higher. Want a nice widescreen LCD.
 
1280x1024 on a budget-type 17" crt. Sometimes I get the option to go to 1600x1200 and beyond, but I'm not trying that since my monitor doesn't support that(i'd hate to get a blank screen) and since I only get 60hz at my current rez :*(
 
1680x1050 with the Dell 2005FPW. Still wondering if I should have just gone with the 2001FP@1600x1200 :rolleyes: .
 
I am 1280*960 on my 19 inch CRT. I used to think everything was so small when I First got this res then I got used to it and love it.
 
1152x864 for 90hz refresh rate, 1280x1024 for multitasking/pictures n' shit. 1280x960 makes a whining noise for some reason...17" CRT
 
1680x1050 here

someone else mentioned liking small text, yet readable and I'd have to agree with that ;)
 
1600x1200x32 on Samsung 997DF this thing was $180 and will go up to 2048x1536 O.O
to bad the refresh rate is shitty that high oh well may be ill get a 2nd one for a desktop of 3200x1200 hehe
 
I put mine to 1600x1200 85hz refresh rate, I'm already getting used to it. The extra size really doesn't benefit me at all since i don't like to cascade many apps side by side, i'd rather just minimize them until i want to see them.
 
21" CRT --> 1600x1200 :D. 1920x1440 is just a little too much for me.
 
1152x864 for 90hz refresh rate, 1280x1024 for multitasking/pictures n' shit. 1280x960 makes a whining noise for some reason...17" CRT

I had an old 19" monitor that did that whining noise on 1024x768, I gave it to a friend for 20 bucks.

On my 21" CRT monitor I use 1280x960
 
Back
Top