What is everyone's favorite PC multiplayer game?

I spent 2 or 3 years of my life playing Q3A. Now my MP fix is D3.

Liking CS:Source a lot. But I am waiting on Valve's Surprise next week (hopefully a HL2 MP) :p

Most time ever given to one game was with CoD.

Newest fav is CS:S.

Although very different, I count all the time spent on UT1, UT2K3 and now UT2K4 as time spent on one game. Going on almost 4 years now? :eek:

dariob said:
I spent 2 or 3 years of my life playing Q3A. Now my MP fix is D3.
D3 has multiplayer?

Have been playing SOF2 for past couple of years waiting for the next good CTF game to come along, meanwhile I've been playing BFV.

Met-AL said:
D3 has multiplayer?

Yes, and contrary to what most on these forums would lead you to believe, it is actually quite good, and WILL WORK FINE with 8+ players.

dariob said:
Yes, and contrary to what most on these forums would lead you to believe, it is actually quite good, and WILL WORK FINE with 8+ players.

Yep Doom 3 is doing it for me too.

Soon WoW will be my multiplayer fix, but that's a totally different genre.

are the lag issues fixed in doom3 MP? because when i first got the game the lag was horrendous and it was difficult to join games

retardedchicken said:
are the lag issues fixed in doom3 MP? because when i first got the game the lag was horrendous and it was difficult to join games

Yep. Works fine for me (3.0mb cable connection), as long as my ping is decent (less than 100ms).

favorite small scale MP game(2v2-4v4) = ravenshield

large scale i really liked joint operations demo, never got around to buying it though

i just fired up doom3 a second and it was SO much better from when it was first released, wasnt lagging and i tagged someone with the flashlight :D

topdragon147 said:

aye brother. with all the game types, plus CarBall, and the many mods... it's a staple at our LANs. Never seems to get boring.

Peace,
Tim

Battlefield 1942 will always hold a special place in my heart, but I've just started on WoW so we'll see how that goes (my first MMORPG) :)

I'm going to say Q3A and Desert Combat

DC for the past couple of years, but I spent many late nights fragging the hours away

UT 2003, and 2004. Mostly 2k3 though as I have a fave server that I play on all the time with a bunch of regulars.

doh-nut said:
favorite small scale MP game(2v2-4v4) = ravenshield
Well it is probably the best coop game. People keep asking for coop games and there are very few but no one seems to mention Raven Shield. I have not played it in a long time but I loved playing terrorist hunt. Never gets old because the AI makes it hard.

city of heroes

edit: but i still find myself playing just as much Desert Combat and BFV as well. For RTS, Impossible Creatures!

PS: anyone know if Strike Force (a mod for Unreal) has been updated yet for UT2003/4? That was the mod that got me really into online gaming in the first place...really really lotsa lotta lots of fun!

Starcraft. Seriously, after 8 years it still rocks. Its the first game we fire up at the LAN parties hehe.

If you mean FPS, then CS:S. Simplicity, fast and fun.

Well there have been a bunch. Eq captured me for the longest and TFC was a blast but COD has probably been my favorite. I played most of the others and am having fun in Source right now but we will see

IceWind said:
Battlefield 1942 to this day still. Game will never get old.

Ditto on that one...it's still as fun as the day I bought it right after release. Unfortunately the community is a fraction of what it once was, so it's lost some of it's luster, which is quite upsetting.

sven co-op (halflife1 co-op)

ut2kl4.. ive stopped now since i really only played temple of trials and pretty much mastered it

cs:s is fun sometimes but it gets kinda old when all teh random kills happen

farcry co-op.. well since.. i can knife my friend in the back under a heavy firefight

quake 1 and quake 2.. just because seeing something random like "you was railed" gets pretty amusing

Back