What is everyone using for photo printer? Recommendations?

fishguy

Limp Gawd
I use ........

WALMART !!:D

Cheap and good prints.

You can go buy Pepsi as u wait.

Originally posted by CANiSLAYu
... Plus you need a printer anyways, so why not get a good one that will do your photos too?

Because I much prefer my laserjet for nearly all my printing.

the paper is just about as important as the printer. i have a canon s520, and with canon photo paper pro the results are excelent. i tried it with cheaper paper once and got crap...

I've been using a Canon S300 with kodak 4x6 paper and meh it works well but nothing great. For one no matter what settings I use I can never get it to print at the right size, lol.

We finally decided to go with the canon i560, mostly because of the price. $89 from costco - $30 rebate = $59 for a photo printer. Of course I was worried that the print quality wouldn't be what I wanted, but for the money(and costco's ultra liberal refund/exchange policy), I figured it was worth a shot.

The results? So far I an incredibly pleased with the photo quality prints. As some have suggested, up until last week, we have been using walmart to get our digital pictures printed. So my first experiment was print out the same exact pictures on the printer that we had done at walmart. I was surprised to see that the 560 produced better quality pictures than the walmart prints. The colors are more vivid and natural, and they are generally brighter. These were all 4x6 prints on glossy photo paper.

So now I just have to worry about the alleged canon waste tank issues, and the durabililty of the ink, both long term on the photos and short term in the printer. Only time will tell.

I've been using the Canon S600 for about 2 years now. Printer gets turned on whenever it is needed, and then turned off after use. So there is quite a bit of on/off and usually the printer does a quick clean at the very beginning lasting about 30 seconds.

Anyways, so far I haven't had any issues with the wastegate thingy. Everything has been working perfectly so far and I have used quite a few ink cartridges already. Printer is still going strong :)

Dunno about durability of the ink though. I have done a couple of photo prints on photo glossy paper about 2 years ago when I first got the printer, the quality still looks perfect so far. I'm using geniune Canon ink as well. So good results so far.

Hopefully this can at least help you out a bit.

Originally posted by Safooma
We finally decided to go with the canon i560, mostly because of the price. $89 from costco - $30 rebate = $59 for a photo printer. Of course I was worried that the print quality wouldn't be what I wanted, but for the money(and costco's ultra liberal refund/exchange policy), I figured it was worth a shot.

The results? So far I an incredibly pleased with the photo quality prints. As some have suggested, up until last week, we have been using walmart to get our digital pictures printed. So my first experiment was print out the same exact pictures on the printer that we had done at walmart. I was surprised to see that the 560 produced better quality pictures than the walmart prints. The colors are more vivid and natural, and they are generally brighter.

Is what you're seeing the difference between matte and glossy? My walmart uses matte and glossy gives a more colorful look. I actually prefer matte though.

If it's pigmented inks (such as Epson 2200, NOT DYESUB) then Epson is the obvious choice. Otherwise go Canon.

The Canons are faster, offer better detail than many Epsons, use Epson papers really well and you can replace the print heads when you need to (not every time like with HP).

Back