• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

what is enough for bigadv?

Patriot

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - March 2011/June 2013/De
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
2,502
What would be the best client to run on...

Sandy @ 3.2ghz
Westmere X5650 @ 2.66ghz

could they make the preferred deadline for bigadv...(get bonus points)
or would I be better off just running smp on them...
 
I will try that on thursday... thanks for the link...
they are getting ~15k and 20k respectively on reg. smp projects....
 
Then you should be fine for bigadv on both.
 
but would it be fast enough for it to be more ppd efficient ... thats more of the question lol... the curve of bonus point vs raw smp speed.
 
What would be the best client to run on...

Sandy @ 3.2ghz
Westmere X5650 @ 2.66ghz

could they make the preferred deadline for bigadv...(get bonus points)
or would I be better off just running smp on them...


the x5650 should have no problem.. the sandy bridge you would probably want to overclock..

minimum is 3.6Ghz on an i7 920 to meet the deadline + bonus points. so that would be the benchmark basically on what you would need with either of those processors.
 
Both should be fine. My 920 gets 14-16k PPD on regular SMP units depending on use, and I can fold -bigadv units with no problems at all.
 
Depends what Sandy you have, you need a 2600 (HT) to run bigAdv. If you have a 2600k overclock it to ~4.8ghz and that will pump out 50k (on good units).
 
Patriot uses professional hardware (aka, mostly, if not all, Xeons).

Overclocking usually isn't a possibility.
 
yup dats da one... have some A0 samples in case someone feel like messing with em... I think there is something wrong with them though...
but if I knew exactly... I still couldn't tell ya lol...
You wouldn't happen to have a spare motherboard as well, would you? ;)
 
bench is for windows... oh bother lol...
port to shell... hmmm
something to do this weekend lol...


edit: oh dear.... never really messed with batch files... shell is easy.... this might take a while...

Bah...I forgot about that. I never did port anything over to Linux. I don't think the units will run unless you use Wine. Even then, I have no idea if it will work. I'll try to test it out tonight.
 
Bah...I forgot about that. I never did port anything over to Linux. I don't think the units will run unless you use Wine. Even then, I have no idea if it will work. I'll try to test it out tonight.

and I wouldn't be running in wine... I got accepted into the beta team so I have the linux bigadv beta to play with....

I would grab the beta unit and play with it...
I am Not familiar with batch files... so it might take me a good time to port it to shell...

btw... to answer my own question... both have fast enough tpf to run bigadv
 
Last edited:
Back
Top