What is a good 27" replacement for a Acer X27

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ1892

[H]ard|Gawd
My X27 is in the beginning of failing, I know it could take awhile, same thing happened to my PG278Q. I've been hearing popping noises the past 3-4 days and noticed some random dead pixels yesterday. The monitor is out of the extended 3 year warranty period, I bought it right before launch day. Are there any 27" 4K 120hz+ displays that are superior or any coming in the near future? I would prefer something that supports VRR with AMD and Nvidia so I'm not locked down to only Nvidia GPUs.

Why are you stuck on 27" displays?
My desk isn't deep (guessing 2ft maybe slightly more) and can't move it further from the wall for a wall mount. I have it table mounted and back as far as possible.

When I get home I'll measure to see if a 32" could fit, I did some browsing and see that most the 4K displays are 32" these days.

Last edited:
I think the popping noises are normal, could just be the plastics expanding/contracting from heat and then cooling down? I've noticed popping noises almost every single night when the monitor has been on for hours then enters sleep mode after I turn off my PC, it doesn't sound like an electronics pop but more along the lines of crushing water bottle. I bought mine back in 2018 too and it's still going strong as far as I can tell.

I think the popping noises are normal, could just be the plastics expanding/contracting from heat and then cooling down? I've noticed popping noises almost every single night when the monitor has been on for hours then enters sleep mode after I turn off my PC, it doesn't sound like an electronics pop but more along the lines of crushing water bottle. I bought mine back in 2018 too and it's still going strong as far as I can tell.
You could be right, but I never had a popping sound before and it seems to have stopped. Also the dead pixels I mentioned before are nowhere to be found. Not sure what was going on.

27 inch Dell curved VA panel 1440P 165hz like 237.00 on Dell.com I have a Asus with the same panel type but its 24 inch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back