What Hardware do I need to run 2 diff games on 2 diff monitors?

USMC2Hard4U

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Apr 4, 2003
Messages
6,157
I want to run 2 instances of Eve Online (2 seperate accounts) from the same computer... But I want to run one instance full screen on monitor 1, and the other full screen on monitor 2. And if possible, I would like a third monitor to run my desktop so I can surf etc...

Can any graphics card out there handle this task? (3d acceleration on 2 seperate monitors simultaneously?)

Was thinking of getting a 5870 or 5970 depending on what is available first.


Thanks.
 
Quick answer is definitely yes. Many Eve Online players, well many MMO players in general, do exactly what you wish to do; two instances running at the same time on different screens with a 3rd monitor for web browsing and the like. If you're looking for a single GPU solution, definitely go for the HD 5850 at the least. Three monitor support right off the bat assuming that one of them is using DisplayPort and plenty of horsepower for Eve Online.

But in general, as long as the video card is relatively fast and has about 1GB of VRAM, it should be enough for two instances of Eve Online. For the third monitor, one could always use a cheap card.

What size monitors are you planning on anyway?
 
I think so, the 5850, 5870 and 5970 all have tripple monitor outputs you should have no issue running 2 instances (providing the game supports it on 1 PC) probably need to be in window mode though.
 
Back
Top