• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What happened to OCAU??

OSUguy98

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2006
Joined
Oct 8, 2003
Messages
3,959
What happened to OCAU??

Something wrong with the stats?

They had about -400k points (yes negative) on the 10/3, 4pm update..... hardfolding has it too...... Something happen that OCAU lost points on purpose? or is it some burp in the stats from Stanford???


Keep on Folding!!

 
Wow... negative stats... never thought I'd see that. But the Aussies standing up for their principles deserves our respect. Makes the competition that much better.

 
I completely forgot about the fact those points were going to be zeroed. Impressive of them to stand up for it.

The negative points and sudden jump in points are ninja sweet for the [H]orde though!
 
When I originally saw the story about the "illegal" points, I started watching hardfolding.com very closely, waiting for the points drop to happen. It never did...until now. It certainly makes the competition a little more interesting when the gap narrows suddenly by 30%. Kudos to OCAU for keeping it clean, and kudos to stanford for enforcing the rules.
 
I was wondering what was going on with the aussies. We keep getting more and more folders, (8941 active currently) and they keep moving away from us. 1 bad roo hurt their team. But on a good note, only 2.2 days til we regain 1st place :D :cool: :p

 
SpoogeMonkey said:
I was wondering what was going on with the aussies. We keep getting more and more folders, (8941 active currently) and they keep moving away from us. 1 bad roo hurt their team. But on a good note, only 2.2 days til we regain 1st place :D :cool: :p

Just a couple of things to remember though guys, we need to give the stats probably a week to flush themselves out to see where we really stand thanks to this new development. If you look, all that guys points came during July and August and he hasn't pushed anything since. As of the last few hours updates the Aussies have gone back to out producing us on the majority of updates, so we must keep going otherwise they'll make those points back up the proper way!


 
Yup... that definately effects the averages and in turn the predictions... it'll take a week or a month or more to get all of that out of the averages... I'd forgotten about that member and his ill-gotten points, I thought that Stanford had already taken action...

Hopefully this doesn't reflect badly on OCAU or Stanford... the last thing we need to bad publicity from some moron who doesn't follow the EULA...


Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

 
I'm sure you guys would have been just as firm with someone abusing the system the way this trojan folder did.

It does neither your team or ours any good... and it had the potential to make getting permission for installs on corporate pc's more difficult.

We are _all_ well rid of them :mad:

*edit* How do your sigs work around here?

I tried to put a line in to make it clear I was OCAU (and just visiting) but it's not coming up...
 
Simple - no [color] tags, no [whatever] tags. :-/ Oh well, I have 'em turned off anyways.

 
Geoff3DMN said:
*edit* How do your sigs work around here?

I tried to put a line in to make it clear I was OCAU (and just visiting) but it's not coming up...

It's a secret ;)

Tricks of the Trade... or the [H]orde at least ;)
 
Ah well... you can't be expected to tell OCAU people the tricks of the [H]orde and all ;)
 
Just do what I do in your neck of the woods. For location put OCAU or something like that. And no, that's not a [H]orde secret. If I told you I'd have to change your folding team.

 
Geoff3DMN said:
I'm sure you guys would have been just as firm with someone abusing the system the way this trojan folder did.

It does neither your team or ours any good... and it had the potential to make getting permission for installs on corporate pc's more difficult.

We are _all_ well rid of them :mad:

*edit* How do your sigs work around here?

I tried to put a line in to make it clear I was OCAU (and just visiting) but it's not coming up...

Damn straight we would. If something like that happened with us and the guy's physical location was anywhere near me, I would track his ass down and do things that would be best not described so that it would make it much harder for the cops to track me down. :mad:

That's also one of the reasons why it would be nice to find out where all of unhappy_mage's new points are coming from. They just turned up all of the sudden and one of the things I had thought about was something similar to what happened to you guys. I don't mean that mage has a bunch of boxen illegally folding for him, but that someone set these things up where they weren't supposed to or didn't change the config. This could have a real bad effect if it's just not someone messing with him good naturedly.

 
Neh. Nothing going on with mage...

maybe its a solar flare... or a moose poop... or... who knows.
 
Mage knows where most if not all the boxen came from now. It is people folding under his name to thank him. If someone wanted though they could taget any name they want with a trojan.

SmokeRngs said:
Damn straight we would. If something like that happened with us and the guy's physical location was anywhere near me, I would track his ass down and do things that would be best not described so that it would make it much harder for the cops to track me down. :mad:

That's also one of the reasons why it would be nice to find out where all of unhappy_mage's new points are coming from. They just turned up all of the sudden and one of the things I had thought about was something similar to what happened to you guys. I don't mean that mage has a bunch of boxen illegally folding for him, but that someone set these things up where they weren't supposed to or didn't change the config. This could have a real bad effect if it's just not someone messing with him good naturedly.

 
Prescript: Not to threadjack, but I'm trying to get word as widespread as possible on this...
SmokeRngs said:
but that someone set these things up where they weren't supposed to or didn't change the config. This could have a real bad effect if it's just not someone messing with him good naturedly.
This is exactly what I'm worried about. If someone from another team with a bunch of computers wants to screw us over, all they have to do is start folding for someone (say marty for example, he's relatively new and has lots of lovely points to kill off), and then claim that they didn't intend to be running, marty's a h4x0r, etc, and Stanford (as they should) kills off his points. Granted, I don't think this is what's going on (I had what, 1500 points?), but I still think that it could potentially be an issue.

I have recieved PM from several members about this, and I think it's mostly resolved now. I've accounted for around 15 or 20 CPUs, and given that Stanford can't decide how many CPUs there are (for a few days they said 39 for both 7- and 50-day active, then yesterday 36. and today 38...) I think there's quite a bit of margin of error there.

Anyone from another forum who reads this and is having problems, read this thread on the FAH community forum. Email me please, I don't want this to be a problem and I'd like to know how many CPUs you have. I want to account for every box folding for me.

 
The only thing I'm worried about is that even with unhappy's extra computers and points, we're still getting our asses kicked by the roos. It's like friggin winter in Ohio today, so everybody's "It's too hot in my room" excuses aren't going to fly anymore.
 
AtomicMoose said:
Mage, you worry too much. ;)
Better too much than too little :p

Most of my points are coming from people who just switched usernames temporarily, so there's no real extra PPD coming in. I think. There have been about 2.8 million points per week :)eek:) over the last 8 weeks, and we're on track to do that again. I only have about 20k ppw, so it's not much of a difference overall.

 
Guys if you look at the [OCAU] top folders list and look at Sceggs you'll see that our (currently) top folder has had a recent massive increase in points output and they are currently producing the 4th highest folding points per day in the world. Over 35,000 points per day average and still increasing (it takes me a week to do that even with my recent ramping!)

Ralphy said that they had upgraded the computers at the school from earlier (mostly) P3's over the recent holiday break but it's taken until now to sort out all the proxy server issues and get them folding ok.

Most of the recent increase is due to them.
 
Geoff3DMN said:
Guys if you look at the [OCAU] top folders list and look at Sceggs you'll see that our (currently) top folder has had a recent massive increase in points output and they are currently producing the 4th highest folding points per day in the world. Over 35,000 points per day average and still increasing (it takes me a week to do that even with my recent ramping!)

Ralphy said that they had upgraded the computers at the school from earlier (mostly) P3's over the recent holiday break but it's taken until now to sort out all the proxy server issues and get them folding ok.

Most of the recent increase is due to them.

yea saw that a few ago

Ralphy got his borg on that's for sure.
 
Back
Top