What GPU do you suggest?

Oh, my God, I know that old man firsthand. It's such a pain was with this video card, very good that I bought a new computer recently. If you do not want to buy a used graphics card, it is better to buy 1030

Just buy a used video card. I have had zero problems buying used in the forums here over the past 14 years.

Hi fellas,
My good old hd5450 died 2weeks ago and since that i've been surfing through the net to find the perfect card but i haven't yet find the one, so i finally come to you looking for advice,

My spec is:
CPU:Intel Pentium dual-core e6600 3.06GHz
MB P5g41t-m lx
PSU:420W
Ram:2x2GB 800mhz

So yeah i know i dont have the most powerful spec on earth but i would like to find a good vga for this spec. I've read things like R7 250x or even GTX 750TI is viable but I would like to ask for your opinions.

Have a great day. View attachment 172447

SLI Titan X might do the trick. Dont forget to update everything else too.

Used 750 Ti would be a decent choice. I still keep one of them around as a spare and it actually games better than you would think.

Just be careful buying on ebay, some of the sellers (especially overseas) can be selling bogus cards. If the price looks too good it's probably a scam.

Last edited:
Typo! (& refrain from the nasties, as I am a 50 year old adult.)
Obviously... I was stating his GPU was outdated... (ie: 10 years old)

I do not feel I said anything nasty, if I did, my bad.

typos very likely that I cannot argue with ^.^

My vote is for the CPU upgrade, you sould be able to find Core 2 quad Q9500 for $10-15, it's a drop in upgrade.

I would just put the cheapest R7 250 I could find on Ebay in there. It will run those games without issue even at 1080p. and again it's a drop-in as it doesn't require external power.

Total outlay should be less than $40 and it will be night and day compared to what OP had originally.

[EDIT] Additionally, upgrading to the Q9500 gives you a front side bus speed of 1333Mhz so you could drop in some faster RAM for about $20.

$60 for a pretty transformational upgrade package is not bad. I mean, it's not going to run Assassin's Creed: Origins or anything like that, but it'll run WoW buttery smooth.

Last edited:
Back