What game is this?

• Thread starter Deleted member 143938
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 143938

This has been bugging me all my life ahhh!

I remember when I was around 8 (it was around 1995, but the game itself could have very well been anywhere from 1990 to 1998ish) or so my parents took me to their friends house and their son was playing this 3D adventure game of some sort. I'm pretty sure it was 8 CDs (maybe 6), and the CD holder (it was a plastic or cardboard sleeve thing where 3 or 4 CDs were on one side and 3 or 4 on the other) and the cover of it had a green blob (I think).

Not Day of the Tentacle. I'm positive it was 3D. I remember he was in an elevator when I saw him play, if that helps any

Edit: I must have seen him play this after 1998-1999, because I remember he had a Matrix theme going on his desktop and Wiki says Matrix was released in 1999 I also provided a slightly better description and a great illustration :rolleyes: of what the sleeve looked like towards the end of this page.

Thanks for the help so far!! I'm dying to find this out :D

Real time 3D or pre-rendered?
Dos, Win3.1 or Win95? Was it even on a PC?

Anybody played alone in the dark 3? Dunno how big it is but It looks like someone spilled green paint on the cover.

Can't be too many games with that many CD's.

It was Win95, I remember because he had a sweet Matrix theme. And not sure if pre-rendered or not, either, just remember the CD sleeve/holder and that one elevator image from his screen.

And not Alone in the Dark, it was point and click (first person)

Could it possibly be "Bioforge". It had a big green hand on the fron and was an adventure game. I vaguely remember an elevator.

Edit: Just saw that it was first person. Bioforge was third person.

First person RPG with a point and click interface? System Shock or maybe Daggerfall? I don't think they were green tho.

I really can't think of a game with atleast 6 CD's. The biggest i've had was FFVII and that only had four CD's.

Only game I can think of would be Riven. It had 5 discs, a box with sleeve cases, but no green blob...

None of those seem right from Googeling :( I seem to remember it was more futuristic (well, definitely not something old like Riven), and it definitely wasn't System Shock. Point and Click like Syberia, at least I think.

What really matters is the game from the CD cover, that's what I'm curious about. So keyword here is shiny green blob and 6-8 CDs

Bioforge, like the other poster said, comes to mind. Maybe check out some old screens?

That sounds logical although there's no green blob on the cover :( I could swear (but I was very young so who knows) that the CD sleeve cover had a dark background and it had a monster green jell-o thing on it with light mirroring from it's side. I can't really find any ingame pictures of Ripper or any pictures of the CD case on google to confirm.

Not Bioforge, Bioforge has a hand on the cover and is with robots, definitely not it.

Sorry about my terrible Paint skills but here is what the sleeve looked like:

This was how it looked when opened. The little half circles are CDs tucked in it. When closed (folded) the front had a green blob or something reaching out to the right side. That's how I seem to remember the cover at least.

Phantasmagoria 2 perhaps? It was a lot of discs, and had a green sphere or blob in the background of the cover I think... (the first game was better if you ask me though)

Wiki shows airplanes for that game.

I really want to say it was about some mad scientist because from what I remember in that elevator scene he was about to step out of the elevator and infront of him was a lab, and it would make sense if the cover had a green blob because maybe he created this green monster.

It definitely wasn't something old like Myst or Ravin (story-wise), because there sure as heck wouldn't be green blob monsters at those times and no labs/elevators either, and not something too futuristic, nothing with cyborgs or the like. I'd guess it took place around WW2 to the present timeframe, but again, I was too young to really remember so maybe the elevator image and the CD cover are two different events (I didn't visit him much, maybe 6 times total, but I do remember those two memories happening in their house).

Good name, though. Cyberia. I like it

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/510hV1LU6nL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

no green blob =/ Although I always wanted to try that game after playing Sanitarium (anyone played it? Amazing game. I think it was one of the few games I actually finished)

The greenish cloud thing behind the guy could be considered a blob with several-year-old memory. :)

The game is actually not too bad. A little strange toward the end, but I'd say it's worth a play for anyone that likes this sort of adventure game. The Original Phantasmagoria was a little more interesting to me though.

Anyway, the second one is mostly live action, but has some rudimentary pre-rendered 3D type stuff in it. I'm not convinced it's what the OP is looking for though.

Edit: Oops, you are the OP. :)

The greenish cloud thing behind the guy could be considered a blob with several-year-old memory. :)

The game is actually not too bad. A little strange toward the end, but I'd say it's worth a play for anyone that likes this sort of adventure game. The Original Phantasmagoria was a little more interesting to me though.

Anyway, the second one is mostly live action, but has some rudimentary pre-rendered 3D type stuff in it. I'm not convinced it's what the OP is looking for though.

Edit: Oops, you are the OP. :)
No definitely not it if that's the CD cover.

As I said, the green blob was supposed to be a living monster that took at least 70 percent of the cover. The green was this color: http://www.watchingtheoffice.com/wp-content/uploads/phone_in_green_jello_a.jpg

Just went through nearly everything released on CD for the PC at MobyGames... Couldn't find anything resembling that. (had a little time to kill :) ) I wish you could sort by disc count...

Just went through nearly everything released on CD for the PC at MobyGames... Couldn't find anything resembling that. (had a little time to kill :) ) I wish you could sort by disc count...

Heh, I got through half of the adventure game list on The Underdogs and found nothing definitive. :)

Back