What features do you enjoy in MacBook?

The touchpad, backlit keyboard, good quality display, solid construction.

Go to an Apple store and pick one up. You'll not find a notebook that has more solid construction.

Touchpad is second to none. Battery life is among the best in consumer laptops. OSX was designed to be used with a touchpad. Highest quality construction of any laptop I have personally held.

...I think being able to design the OS and group it with your own hardware, like Apple can, has tons of advantages. And it shows in the macbooks.

Touchpad is what has me hooked. I actually prefer Windows 7 to OSX, but once you experience the touchpad, you cant go back.

Add to that, the battery life is great, the case is just damn sexy, solid construction, the weight is minimal for the size, the screen is great, and the keyboard is excellent. As fas as the detractors, no USB3.

It's about average (not a stab at it) for high end laptops, just it gets a lot more coverage :p

That being said, I like it's screen choice on the two current 13" models. Much better than most 13" laptops in existance, in addition to being 16:10 (something rather important at lower res, IMO).

TRACKPAD! Lol, I love all the features really, the beautiful keyboard and it's backlighting, the displays are brilliant, love using mac os for mobile, just feels "right" and I love the battery life and amazing build quality. I just love apple notebooks, they got it right.

Desktops however...lol.

TRACKPAD! Lol, I love all the features really, the beautiful keyboard and it's backlighting, the displays are brilliant, love using mac os for mobile, just feels "right" and I love the battery life and amazing build quality. I just love apple notebooks, they got it right.

Desktops however...lol.

I used to be able to agree on the desktop thing, but the iMac 27" is just incredible value for money.

advertising, and a much larger retail presense in the USA.

That being said, it's support whoops the living crap out of it's competitors.

I really hope other laptop vendors catch up to Apple in terms of retail presence. I'd love a Thinkpad shop.

I really hope other laptop vendors catch up to Apple in terms of retail presence. I'd love a Thinkpad shop.

goto east Asia. :p Sony and ASUS, with a few spatterings of Thinkpad (none of that other Ideapad gibberish) shops all over the place :D Also a few Apple resellers (authorized).

goto east Asia. :p Sony and ASUS, with a few spatterings of Thinkpad (none of that other Ideapad gibberish) shops all over the place :D Also a few Apple resellers (authorized).

Yeah I know east Asian countries have them, but iWant it too!

Yeah I know east Asian countries have them, but iWant it too!

True. I do like how the new Apple stores use iPads as sales tools, built into the desks. One of the better ideas (for an end user / potential customer) that really work, IMO. It gives all the info upfront, while also having a "call associate" button, for when more questions / purchase decision is made.

True. I do like how the new Apple stores use iPads as sales tools, built into the desks. One of the better ideas (for an end user / potential customer) that really work, IMO. It gives all the info upfront, while also having a "call associate" button, for when more questions / purchase decision is made.

Yeah, I wish more stores had something like that. Doesn't even have to be an iPad, could be an android tablet running a well designed website.

Hi-Res display
Solid construction
Trackpad
Lighted keyboard
Runs OS X and Windows 7 flawlessly
Customer service

2560x1440 on the iMac and ACD. 1920x1080 for the iMac.

and 1366x768 for the MBA 11" models. That being said, the panel used is much better than whatever 11.6" panel slew Dell is using. Ugh.

On a side note, I really wish Apple would use whichever panel Sony is using for their Z line (choice between Toshiba 1600x900 or 1920x1080) for their 13" laptop. Apple has the proper software ecosystem to really get proper PPI scaling off the ground, and the Toshiba 13" panel is probably the best, and sharpest, 13" panel in existance :p Funny thing is, Toshiba themselves don't use it, just Sony, lol...

The maximum resolution of the 15" MBP is 1680x1050. I'm surprised Apple doesn't offer a 1920x1200 option.

Me too...I'd buy one in a second. My only guess is that they can't the panel they want in that resolution yet.

The maximum resolution of the 15" MBP is 1680x1050. I'm surprised Apple doesn't offer a 1920x1200 option.

Me too...I'd buy one in a second. My only guess is that they can't the panel they want in that resolution yet.
1680x1050 is the perfect resolution for 15.4". Several years ago, I had 1920x1200 on my Dell M60 15.4" laptop. I loved it until I started getting headaches from squinting after less than two weeks using it (not saying everyone has that problem, tho). I think the main reason Apple doesn't offer 1920x1200 in their 15.4" MBP is that it would severely cripple sales of their 17" model.

Last edited:
My favorite feature is bootcamp. I like Windows more than OSX, but I like having the option to use OSX for Final Cut and iMovie.

I used to be able to agree on the desktop thing, but the iMac 27" is just incredible value for money.

I do love using them in the Apple store, and wish I could afford one honestly, but for now Ill stick with my MBP and custom rig ordeal. Cheap + Stylish :cool:

Back