What do you use in your water cooling system?

Distilled water plus HydrX. Using it for two years now, no problems...it does leave a thin green deposit on components. I only noticed that when I took them out of the loop.

20:1 Distilled Water:Zerex along with a few ml of algicide and the liquid from 1 standard yellow highlighter.
No possible corrosion + no nasties + bright green UV reactivity = :cool:
I still have some of the basic mix around, and the Zerex initially makes everything a weak pinkish-red. Yet after a month in the loop with a UV light inside, the green UV reactivity made the water permanently light green, even without the UV.

I run distilled water + 5% pentosin. I am going to try Fluid XP next when my new rad arrives.

? You sure its not the other way around ?

If you really are running 80% antifreeze STOP NOW. It will kill the life of your pump. Your liquid will be far too viscous, and not only is that bad for the pump, it is bad for heat transfer. Also, stay away from tap water...come on distilled water is like 1$ a GALLON at the grocery store, stop being lazy.

QFT

I wonder.. used cooking oil, such as that used in the cooking of bacon..

Probubly not.

I have concieved a method of recycling wastewater through my system. Waste not I always say.

In my Tai Chi case with the built in WC'ing i just use the coolant it comes with and it seems to work awesome. im not to sure of whats in it. its like 8 or 9 bucks for 500 ml. not bad...

Back