What do you do with your old gaming magazines?

Commander0Zero

Limp Gawd
I have a crap load of old gaming magazines taking up space what do you guys do with your old magazines? Trash um? Keep um? Donate um? Burn um?

toss at homeless.

Recycle is probably your best bet.

Its been a cold winter, read your new magazines while having the old ones keep you nice and warm by burning them.

i keep most of them. It's fun to go back years later and see what the latest and greatest was. I keep them in a bookshelf, and occasionally when I have to take a shit, Ill pick one up and read it.

I keep them for some years, occasionally reading them. It gives me a warm and cozy feeling.

Box them up and put them in the attic. I don't have too big of a collection so I stack them around in piles.

Old mags = clutter. Throw them away... the chance of actually reading them again seems very slim.

I keep them for some years, occasionally reading them. It gives me a warm and cozy feeling.

Yeah, I've only ever bought the odd few mags, and I do occassionally like to go back and read through them for nostalgia.

I have this old one that compares the Voodoo1 versus the PowerVR; classic read every time.

Funny you mention this. I just threw away about two hundred pounds of maximum pc, pc gamer, and EGM. The earliest maximum pc was from october 2002...what the hell was I saving them for!? lol. Anyway, after four trips to the dumpster, I feel much better.

local library or a book store. He likes it when I bring in a couple years worth of something

Considering I haven't bought any in probably 14 years, they have since been trashed. It's just not something I want to drag around when moving and while I did find it somewhat interesting browsing through them years later they just weren't worth the space they were taking up.

As do I...at least a few issues. They are starting to pile up so I thinking of getting rid of em for space reasons.

I don't really consider myself a collector of "shinies" or of anything, for that matter. I play 360 games, I trade them in. I watch DVD's, I trade them in. I read a magazine, I toss it in recycling. I'm not very sentimental for what an article had to say about a video game.

I give them to my parrot to turn into confetti. I got to enjoy the mag by reading it and she gets to enjoy it by shredding it. It's a win-win.

I just recycle mine when I am done reading them. I don't see any reason to keep them. I already have to much stuff in my house without having piles, or boxes, of old magazines that will never be read. I used to keep them if they had strategy guides for games I was playing in them, but they never seem to do that anymore and even if they did its easier to find it online than in a pile of magazines.

Wow! Great Google link! Thanks for that.
I do occasionally throw some of them. I remember getting rid of a stack of old Nintendo magazines. I still keep some though, the ones that I care about the most. I just like having stuff. Reading through such old pages takes me through time. I remember those days when I longed for my little Gameboy to have more and more games, and how I used to read through said pages wondering how it would be to actually play the games.
I just love that feeling.

I really wish I had saved some of the original Nintendo Powers, just for the covers. Keep the ones with covers featuring your favorite games.

I threw all mine away, unless you have a house they are just a waste of space, maybe keep your favorite ones or the few early additions you have otherwise send em to the recycle bin.

Save all the paper you can and turn it into papercrete. Look it up with google or wikipedia! It's awesome!

Just like my old computer hardware magazines, I keep them on a bookshelf.

Its nice to read comparisons between 500mhz processors and the new '1ghz speed king'. :D

On the other hand, it makes me realize how much money I could be wasting if I didn't just download the demo and get sick of it after a week or two :) ( Or something )

That one with the clay mario is a classic. That was the first one. I remember it had a big foldout map for the original Legend of Zelda. I was probably about 8 years old. lol

i wish i'd held on to some of mine. there were games introduced in a few megaplay issues (the old megadrive and genesis glossy from the same publishers of egm) that i wanted to try, but they only exist in my memories now....well, i don't know if they actually existed or my mind just conjured them up.

i keep them. i have a ton of computer and video games mag at my mums house in storage in my old room
ill grab them and pour over them one day
thanks mum :)

I don't keep mine longer then 4, 5 months.. i keep a little stash of mags by the shitter.

every couple of months I just toss a couple out. :O

i used to collect them (heavy stash), but i moved allot recently and i decided to give my mags to the thrift store, seemed like a waste just throwing them out.

here's what i did with mine (nintendo fun club #1, #2; egm #1, #2; nintendo power #1):

img0002ke1.jpg

1000011imgik2.jpg

img0005bq1.jpg

I Hate you :)

Also, I sold the dragon warrior instruction guide from nintendo power for 50 dollars on ebay. So do some quick checking.

I've got several hundred back issues of various magazines boxed up in in my closet. Every once in a while I take one out and flip though it. It's really cool to look through an issue of GamePro from 15 years ago. Really shows you how rapidly gaming has changed in so little time, and makes you wonder what the future will hold.

Back