What did you buy from the Steam Thanksgiving sale?

Danith

2[H]4U
Still at work so haven't purchased anything yet but thinking of Sword Coast Legends. Reviews are referring this to as a diablo-like action rpg. Is this accurate? I wouldn't mind another loot hunting action rpg.

Besides that, nothing really looks interesting or I already have it. May try to get a friend to buy Deathtrap (good tower defense game imo) and/or Borderlands: The Pre-Sequal so I have someone to play with.

Nothing, but I'm really debating on picking up Elite: Dangerous for $15.

Edit: Got it.

Last edited:
I'm looking at The Crew for $30 all-in everything, but trying to figure out how bad the in-game microtransactions (vs time) are.

Tomb Raider
and
Miscreated (been looking for a DayZ alternative)

Same on elite, Im confused is the front page all thats on sale?

Something like 8,800 games on sale. Basically I just skimmed my Steam Wishlist and grabbed some stuff. Now I see more that I want. Damn.

Something like 8,800 games on sale. Basically I just skimmed my Steam Wishlist and grabbed some stuff. Now I see more that I want. Damn.

Their store is so flooded with early access crap its impossible to browse anymore :(

I saw all the Quake games on sale .. somewhere.. I might be interested in those... yea gotta love old iD

I finally snagged Alpha Protocol for $3.74 so I'm happy with that. :)

Friend of mine bought me don't starve together.. fun game. Thinking about picking up Wolfenstein The New Order and maybe Dying Light.. hoping it would be closer to $15

I'm looking at The Crew for $30 all-in everything, but trying to figure out how bad the in-game microtransactions (vs time) are.

In case you're still looking, Amazon has a complete edition with season pass and Wild Run for 15 bucks as of right now, which is crazy, because it just came out. Wild Run by itself is like what, 20 bucks? Only 12 left as of right now...

http://www.amazon.com/Crew-PC/dp/B00KVKOF9Q/ref=sr_1_1_twi_cd__3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1448543106&sr=1-1&keywords=the+crew

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Bought:

Just Cause 3
Age of Mythology EX
This war of mine
Sniper elite 3
Life is strange season

All for 65 caps.

I haven't bought anything, but it is unlikely that I will because I just noticed that two games on my wishlist is no longer available in my region, and I suspect that to be a problem left over from currency change from USD to TWD.

So far I have found nothing helpful from steam switching to TWD, and found only problems (locking me out of games I was actually to buy)...

GTA V is currently 40% off for me, and PCMark 8 is at 80% off

Just picked up KOTOR 1 and 2 (so far). Haven't had much time to check out the other sales.

Witcher 3 is very tempting (only partially played through it on PS4), but I'm thinking when I'm all done with Fallout 4, Witcher 3 will likely have a GOTY edition or an even better sale for the Christmas/New Year holidays.

complete pack for Endless Legend for 20 bucks..played it during a free weekend and was just waiting for a sale

I'd buy witcher 3 if my computer could handle it for 30 bucks..by the time I get a new rig, the price will be cheaper so its all good

I didn't even realize that there was a sale. Guess that I've been playing too much Fallout 4! :eek:

Nothing. I've decided to not buy anything new until I've played through my entire backlog of games.

From this point on i'm going for AAA games only, so by the end of the year probably The Witcher 3, GTA V and so on... I have so many games i'll never touch, i bought them just because they were cheap.

Last edited:
-The Witcher 3
-Dragon's Lair 2 awesome game
-STYX awesome stealth game
-The Age of Decadence
cool game just too tedious for my taste got a refund.

GTA V on Steam (refused to buy from R* Social Club just because it was cheaper, need all my games in one place)

Evil Within Complete Pack

bunch more stuff I would buy but know I don't have time for then. For all the people that complain Steam sales suck, I dunno the prices are pretty damn good I have to say.

I almost purchased Endless Legend... then I looked at Endless Space in my library and saw 95 minutes played. I then almost purchased Darkest Dungeon, until I read the wall of angry reviews following it's most recent 'balance'.

Sh*t....missed it. Probably for the best seeing as how little time I have with a baby at home now.

Really want GTA 5 and the Witcher 3 but hoping for a deeper discount during the Winter sale. Too busy anyways with MGSV and Fallout 4, as well as finally getting through Metro LL.

Looking at This War of Mine, Spelunky, and The Evil Within.

Ended up with Spelunky, The Evil Within, Grim Fandango Remastered, and Outlast Whistle Blower DLC. Never know when I'll get to any of it (haven't even started Outlast). I did have a free $20 on steam though.

Legend of Grimrock 2
Costume Quest 2
Uncanny Valley
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP

I finally snagged Alpha Protocol for $3.74 so I'm happy with that. :)

AP is such a good game, enjoy :)

I grabbed Witcher 3. $30CAD is as cheap as I've seen it (I refuse to buy from GOG, I don't want more platforms than Steam/Origin). Just finished Dragon Age: Inquisition last night so it's good timing.

I only have physical disc copies of Bioshock and Far Cry 1 so I decided to buy them on Steam during this sale...Bioshock is $3.99 and Far Cry $4.99

Back