What did you buy from the Steam Thanksgiving sale?

I think I'll stick to New Releases from now on... Saves Steam Cards....
because good games are right around the corner and these companies are competing with each other for attention. DOOM 5 / For Honor / Dark Souls 3 / Dishonored 2

Trying to play Catch up with video games is a loosing battle especially if you don't play everyday.

my brother and I picked up ass creed unity. Had a blast playing some of the coop missions last night.. I also picked up Black Flag on the cheap... Oh, and DLC for ARMA 3 and Rocksmith 2014.

Endless Legends Collection

Pinball FX tables.

Anyone remember if prices typically fall even further for the Christmas sale? I figure it's safe to buy the .99 cents stuff now, but not sure about the stuff over $10...

Anyone remember if prices typically fall even further for the Christmas sale? I figure it's safe to buy the .99 cents stuff now, but not sure about the stuff over $10...

Not typically. Looking at the steam sales tracker website it would appear most AAA titles that release in the spring/summer tend to be cheaper right now then they are during Christmas which kind of makes sense. They have to lower prices more during the fall season while all the big fall releases are coming out in order to keep sales numbers up. Where as Christmas is stuck between fall/spring release time so they aren't really competing with anything.

Really you need to wait almost a full year to get what is the truly bottomed out price.

I just picked up The Witcher 3, installing now, I'll be playing it after final exams next week.

KotOR II was so worth the 3 bucks.

I spent over 4 hours with it last night! (I haven't gamed that much in a single night, in AGES)

Between the recent patch and workshop integration of the Restored Content, this beats the original KotOR by a mile. Better story, far more choices that seem to actually affect the outcomes etc etc.

Buy it!!

Really Big Sky 1.24 USD
Adventures of Shuggy 1.24 USD
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate + Shooter Bundle 1.49 USD
Double Dragon: Neon 0.99 USD
Contraption Maker 1.04 USD
Bleed 1.24 USD
8BitBoy 0.59 USD
Parcel 0.74 USD
Concursion 1.69 USD
Micron 1.24 USD

Total: 11.50 USD

10 games for $11 bux? Sounds good to me! Mostly local co-op stuff to play with the kids.

For the first time in a while.... nothing. I have far to big a backlog, and far to many major releases from this year that I've still got a lot of work to do in. I don't need anything new.

Witcher 3 for $30
Elite Dangerous $14
Outlast + Whistleblower $7

More impressed with GoG platform than I thought.

Way too much than I should have or would care to admit...
Ikaruga ... holy crap, that moving 3d background. o_O
Does the PC version support portrait resolutions? I'll have to pick it up next sale if it does.

I bought nothing. I haven't been able to log in for 8 days...

My acct is not "compromised". I can reset the password and there is no way it could have been "cracked". It's over 20 characters long, with all 4 types of characters.

I just get a "Failed to log in" error. Weird

The Stanley Parable

I've thought it looked interesting when I first heard of it, and it was a good price. Length is supposed to be short, but that is a benefit at this point when considering I still have to play through Witcher 3, MGSV, Bioshock Infinite, and probably others that I am forgetting.

I bought nothing. I haven't been able to log in for 8 days...

My acct is not "compromised". I can reset the password and there is no way it could have been "cracked". It's over 20 characters long, with all 4 types of characters.

I just get a "Failed to log in" error. Weird
It sounds weird, but try logging into the Steam Powered website from your web browser. It might give you a confirmation code for logging in from a different computer. This fixed the issue for me the last time it happened. You may have to clear your browser cache for it to work if you don't clean it regularly. After this I was able to log into Steam again.

Didn't buy anything at all. I already have all of the games I wanted except (maybe) the new Assassin's Creed and it wasn't on sale.
Plus, I was too busy playing Fallout to look very hard. My wife bought Fallout 3 for a couple bucks, though.

Both Wolfenstein games, because why not, right?

Stacking

Grim Fandango Remastered

Elite Dangerous

Does the PC version support portrait resolutions? I'll have to pick it up next sale if it does.

Here's 1440x2560 (9:16). The play area is 1440x1920 (3:4).

If I choose 1440x1920 desktop, then the game fills 1440x1920 entirely (no gray bars above or below), and the hud stats overlay the gaming area.

I guess it was made for 1200x1600, lol.

L26YwTQ.jpg

Last edited:
Back