What device(s) controls your media devices?

Landmine

Limp Gawd
TV - Sharp Aquos LC-70LE632U

Receiver - Pioneer VSX-821 AV Receiver

Devices
Satellite Receiver - Dish Network
Xbox 360
Wii U
Chromecast
Boxee Box

Currently I'm using my old Harmony 550 but it has been acting up lately. If you dont keep the remote pointed at the reciver/xbox/tv for 10 seconds while it is sending the commands it wont power the devices up/down correctly.

I'm just wondering if there is a better mouse trap since this guy is around 5 years old.

Thanks HT Gurus.

Harmony 900 w/ the RF adapter is what I use and recommend for those who need complex tasks such as multi-device switching. For example, I have about 10 sources currently (mostly video game systems - I keep all my old consoles hooked up) and I switch the TV, receiver, and DVDO Edge. And I'll be adding at least one more switch soon.

If you don't need complex tasks then some $20 One-for-all remote will be fine.

How large is your receiver to hand so many inputs? I'd love to keep my old consoles hooked up.

How large is your receiver to hand so many inputs? I'd love to keep my old consoles hooked up.

Currently I use this receiver: http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AVR-988...e=UTF8&qid=1375468717&sr=1-1&keywords=avr-988 (Amazon link because Denon's site barely has any info about it anymore)

and this video processor/switch: http://www.dvdo.com/EDGE/

The receiver is handling analog inputs from my old consoles, plus my Edge has an audio-only HDMI output which I run to my receiver for most of my newer devices (PS3, X360, DVD player, etc.). The receiver only has 2 HDMI, but the DVDO has 6. I don't bother using the receiver's HDMI inputs except for the DVDO's audio connection.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
TV - Panasonic 60" UT50

Recerver- Yamaha RX-V571RF 7.1

2 HDHomerun Primes

HTPC
Xbox 360
PS3
Wii

Using a Harmony 300 remote. I haven't had any issues with my harmony, I found it better once I lowered the delays in the remote settings. Since I've switched to an antec fusion using the Imon IR receiver I have noticed its slightly slower compared to using a microsoft IR receiver.

I also use a logitech K400 keyboard with touchpad for when I need to do anything not in Media Center.

Probably in the week or so I hope to get some pictures of my setup in the HTPC gallery.

Onkyo remote for receiver. PS3 remote for PS3 and tv, PS3 being my media box.

Currently I use this receiver: http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AVR-988...e=UTF8&qid=1375468717&sr=1-1&keywords=avr-988 (Amazon link because Denon's site barely has any info about it anymore)

I have a very similar Denon. Crap ton of analog inputs and only 2 HDMI, but everything I use now except my original Xbox360 is HDMI. So currently I have to do switcheroo's with the HDMI cables. Keep meaning to get an auto HDMI switch. Because it is still a great receiver.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I haven't posted here in years but I love this product so much I had to come out. I had used a Harmony One for a couple years until the dog destroyed and picked up a Harmony Smart Control. I got the version that comes with the basic remote.

The thing is awesome. It eliminates the need to use the crappy clunky desktop/internet software. I did the complete set-up on an iPad. Set-up took around 15 minutes from start to finish and everything worked 100% the first. It eliminates the need for the PS3 dongle as it has bluetooth. The iPhone app works well but I tend to use the remote most often. Biggest negative is they have not developed an iPad app yet to take advantage of the extra screen real estate. For $130 this thing rocks!

Hardware:
Panasonic ST30 plasma
Yamaha RX-V473 reciever
AppleTV
WD Live TV
PS3
DirecTV Genie DVR

I use a Gyration MCE remote and love it. My equipment is in the closet and the RF range is quite nice. I do have an IR-repeater for any OEM remotes but hardly ever use it.

Harmony 900 w/ the RF adapter is what I use and recommend for those who need complex tasks such as multi-device switching. For example, I have about 10 sources currently (mostly video game systems - I keep all my old consoles hooked up) and I switch the TV, receiver, and DVDO Edge. And I'll be adding at least one more switch soon.

If you don't need complex tasks then some $20 One-for-all remote will be fine.

+1 I have been rocking a Harmony 900 RF for awhile now and it has been awesome.

TV: Sony KDL-55HX800
Receiver: Sony STR-DN1010
I have my PC, WiiU, 360, and PS3 hooked up to it via HDMI. My cable box is hooked up with component cables and an optical cable for surround sound. I'm holding out for HDMI 2.0 before grabbing something with more HDMI slots.

For my remote, I'm just using a pretty simple universal remote that has "learning" functions so I can use it to replace all of my other remotes. This one: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+...olsp-app03-105?id=1138083504542&skuId=7689156

Since I'm operating everything via my receiver, I only have a single HDMI-out running into my TV. The functions I use most are just swapping from one device to another. For things like color schemes, I have 2 programmed in, and I have a 1-button toggle to turn on "smoothmotion" that I really only use for console games that look choppy.

I use Control4 to control everything, I have an older pioneer plasma and my model does not have serial support so that is IR amp is onkyo 885 i beleive that is IP/network control, and then the XBMC is controlled via IP as well.

The Control4 just has drivers for it all, so it works great, 1 remote for lights, tv radio whatever... highly reccomended.

Acer KB and Mouse that came with the Acer Revo atom/ion rig. Also use my samsung remote for volume, and turning on and off.

I'm very hightech.

Once I get it all setup, hopefully I'll be able to control the htpc via my Nexus 7.

Back