• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What cpu for bf3 mp @ 1440p

Joined
Apr 20, 2013
Messages
6
I'm planing a "new" (there is a reason why i put the quotes, just bear with me a sec) gaming pc, mostly for bf3, skyrim ecc ecc

I have aquired a 1440 display and i will probably get a dual vga setup to maximise settings

My dillema:

Since the mp component of bf3 is so cpu intensive

i'd like to know if i would be cpu limited at 1440p if i were to go with an old i7 920 cpu

ps. I know there are newer cpus but for the love of god i just cant bring myself to buy one of those chips with that hidious igp in it... And i can't seem to find a K edition that doesn't have one because i'd also like a nice unlocked chip
 
i5-3570k, overclock it to 4.5 or higher.

This for bang for the buck value New. Or go for the 3770K if you have money to burn. Either way, don't bother with the old i7 920 unless you already have it or can get it for like $50. At least with Nvidia SLI, you need as fast as a CPU as possible.

EDIT: What's wrong with getting the CPU with the IGP? You don't have to use it.
 
I'm planing a "new" (there is a reason why i put the quotes, just bear with me a sec) gaming pc, mostly for bf3, skyrim ecc ecc

I have aquired a 1440 display and i will probably get a dual vga setup to maximise settings

My dillema:

Since the mp component of bf3 is so cpu intensive

i'd like to know if i would be cpu limited at 1440p if i were to go with an old i7 920 cpu

ps. I know there are newer cpus but for the love of god i just cant bring myself to buy one of those chips with that hidious igp in it... And i can't seem to find a K edition that doesn't have one because i'd also like a nice unlocked chip

You will see an advantage with HT so getting an i7 may be beneficial for you. Avoiding CPUs with igp is irrelevant assuming you are using a designated GPU.

I would wait for Haswell and pick up the 4770k,
 
Ok it's to old

You all have good points

I'm going to wait for haswell and ivy bridge e

I can't stand the igp's because they are adding heat to a otherwise very good cpu
 
I can't stand the igp's because they are adding heat to a otherwise very good cpu

Yet you wanted to go with the IGP-less Core i7 920 CPU that ran far far hotter than a 3570K with IGP? Hell an OC'd 3570K ran cooler than a Core i7 920 at stock.
 
Yet you wanted to go with the IGP-less Core i7 920 CPU that ran far far hotter than a 3570K with IGP? Hell an OC'd 3570K ran cooler than a Core i7 920 at stock.

This.

I run an i7-950 and it runs hot as hell, stock clock, with a H50 strapped to it with a push pull configuration, and I still hit 45C on idle, thats hot to me where I came from an 1090T on a H50 running at 30C on idle with a push pull.
 
Back
Top