What could possibly be the problem???

AY786

Limp Gawd
Ive noticed over the past week or so that my computer had a virus, i managed to remove this which everything seemed fine but this is a pc that my brother shares as well and then last week i noticed that the cpu process was at 100% (above 95% all the time) and just stays on this.

I did various virus scans again and couldnt find anything wrong but then yesterday when i wanted to turn the pc on, it just switches on, the fans and lights are on etc but no signal is detected on the monitor. There is no beep at all to tell me whats wrong, plus usually at least one beep is heard before it loads which is normal but now its just like its dead or something, can anyone think what i can do to solve this?

specs on the system would be useful in helping but 1st thing i'd try would be another power supply if you have a spare.

specs on my sig although recently i added an extra 1gig ram and another hdd from my brothers computer

Hit up the stickied "Basic Troubleshooting Guide" on what to do when your system doesn't POST.

Back