What card is this thing?

FireBean

Gawd
Someone help me identify this video card. Says that it a GTX 780 on the back but has a 4pin Molex on the side. Never seen a cooler like it before.

I thought that it might be a GTX 7800 but even back then they used 6 pin for power.

Says 384bit and 2GB of ram.

20170217_173851_zpse2ahntb9.jpg

Its one of those random scam cards. So as such can be anything, usually really old and very lowend. I would guess that one may be a GT220.

Someone help me identify this video card. Says that it a GTX 780 on the back but has a 4pin Molex on the side. Never seen a cooler like it before.

I thought that it might be a GTX 7800 but even back then they used 6 pin for power.

Says 384bit and 2GB of ram.

20170217_173851_zpse2ahntb9.jpg

What the others said, but just wanted to point out that the 7800 GS AGP used a Molex on the side for power.
upload_2017-2-20_9-28-2.png

Do they make fake cards? I'm no expert, but it looks like a fake to me.

Definitely, there are no GTX 780's outfitted with DDR3 RAM, you can see that printed on the sticker on the PCB.

Also, look at the DVI and VGA ports, the ports are sloppily put into the holds (they are slanted, both in different directions.

And GTX 780 has 2 SLI prongs IIRC, that card only has one.

It happened for years, so its no surprise. Some are actually G92 chips as well.

I remember seeing the same several years ago.

Do they make fake cards? I'm no expert, but it looks like a fake to me.
Yes, this has been going on for years and it's well-documented. Look at exlink's post above. They are typically 9600 or 9800 GT cores and they overheat like no tomorrow.

Plug it in, and use GPU-Z, and look at the specs, not the ID string

This is what happens when companies send their shit to china to be built.

Back