What bus do you run (simple survey)

What bus do you run in your current rig?

• PCI

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • AGP 2x/4x

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • AGP 8x

Votes: 59 38.6%
  • PCI Express 16x

Votes: 95 62.1%
  • PCI Express 1x (Dells, HPs or other pc where there is only a single 1x speed pci express slot).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AltTabbins

Fully [H]
Simple survey..

Whats in your rig..?

Feel free to comment. Sorry if this has been done before, I searched but didn't come up with anything.

BTW, I upgraded my motherboard to PCI-E about a month ago..
To be honest, the only good part is the larger selection of cards and cheaper prices. I might make it more worthwhile and go SLI soon when DX10 comes out.

Still AGP here. I'm waiting for Conroe and DX10 cards to do a complete system overhaul.

I usually take the Q bus downtown but that wasn't an option. So AGP it is ;)

Terra said:
AGP 4x and a Gainward 7800GS Bliss :D

Terra...

Eek... bottleneck much? I dont think any x4 processor has the bandwidth to get not bottleneck anything above a 6800nu.

Terra said:
Not really:
I got my 20 pipe Gainward 7800GS today!

In praise of older CPUs

Terra - Show me why any current game would saturate an AGP 4x bus? :)

Oh, I agree. I'm still running a s939 64 AMD +3000.. it runs great.
I don't think that many games utilize a faster cpu yet anyways.. they rely too much on the graphics card for power.. I was just wondering if you would bottleneck :) thanks for the links.

lloose said:
Oh, I agree. I'm still running a s939 64 AMD +3000.. it runs great.
I don't think that many games utilize a faster cpu yet anyways.. they rely too much on the graphics card for power.. I was just wondering if you would bottleneck :) thanks for the links.

Ahh...gotcha ;)
No worries here, I love the card and can feel the difference with ease :)

Terra - A happy gamer :D

Terra said:
Ahh...gotcha ;)
No worries here, I love the card and can feel the difference with ease :)

Terra - A happy gamer :D

Are you in the US or UK?
If you are in the US, how did you get your hands on it? I honestly think you are the only person here on [h] who owns the gainward 7900.. urrr... "7800gs"

AGP 8x here, till I get my AM2 stuff & 7900GTX in later this week :)

Looks like PCI-E is dominationg, i could have swarn there was more AGP users lol.. but like the other guy was saying the only thing im happy with about having PCI-E is the nice long video card selection lol and how cheap they get so quick. Newegg has X850XT's And 7800GS's for like $300 and they cant even run with a 180$ PCI-E card :p funny... but yeah ive got pci-e 16x

lloose said:
Are you in the US or UK?
If you are in the US, how did you get your hands on it? I honestly think you are the only person here on [h] who owns the gainward 7900.. urrr... "7800gs"

I am in Denmark, got it from Germany, but if you read this thread, you will se that some have gotten the card in the US too...right here on {H[ard ;)
I got my 20 pipe 7800GS today!
And i have the 7800GS with a 7800GT core, not the 7800GS+ with a 7900GT core ;)

Terra - I think we are 4 or 5 7800GT/7900GT on APG owners here now ;)

Bloodgod42 said:
What about PCI-e 8x for those early adopters of SLI?

Actually your PCI-e 16x and its halved when you go sli, the newer baords are 32x

When I start to see a great difference in performance with the 16x bus I will switch over but till then I'm enjoying my x850xt agp that I just upgraded to from my baby 9800se->pro modded for an 80mm fan.

~Adam

jacuzz1 said:
Actually your PCI-e 16x and its halved when you go sli, the newer baords are 32x

True, true...and since I am only running 1 GPU currently, that does leave me at 16x.

Back