What browser do YOU use?

What is your primary browser?

• IE 6

Votes: 47 8.7%
  • IE 7

Votes: 15 2.8%
  • IE based browser or extention (Foxie, Avant, etc..)

Votes: 16 3.0%
  • Firefox 1.X

Votes: 285 53.0%
  • FireFox 1.5 Beta 1

Votes: 91 16.9%
  • Opera 8 Free

Votes: 38 7.1%
  • Opera 8 Paid

Votes: 27 5.0%
  • Safari

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Netscape

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Other (please elaborate in thread)

Votes: 12 2.2%

• Total voters

Rombus

2[H]4U
Some recent threads got me curious about what the [H]orde here uses for there browser. So simply answer the poll, and maybe bump this thread every once and a while to keep it on the front page. Please, lets keep the browser wars out of this thread.
Just a simple poll!

Even better, Could an admin or someone with server stat access for hardOCP or hardforums post the numbers here?

I like FireFox still. The new update is pretty cool though I wish all of the older extensions would hurry up and get updated so I can keep using them. I still hate that embedded video isn't handle very well but I can live with that.

I started with Mosaic in '94, switched to Netscape Navigator when that became the dominant browser, finally abandoned that when too many pages no longer rendered decently ('03), moved to the Mozilla Suite until the Mozilla Foundation dropped the Suite in favor of Firefox, and now I'm on Seamonkey. IE? What's that...

Where is links
Where is links with Framebuffer support
Where is Epiphany?

I have Opera, Firefox and IE7 beta 1. I primarily use IE though as there seem to be far less problems with it (although Opera is quite good. Too bad it doesn't support VBScript and ActiveX).

Windows
Firefox 1.0.6
Deer Park 1.5 Beta 1
Opera Paid (which I got free on thier 10th anniversary)
Flock (below)

Linux
Firefox 1.0.6
Konqueror

Flock
some of the Firefox crew have built a Greasemonkey + other extentions opensource browser optimized for Web 2)

IE is limited to just accessing Windows Update via IP rules at the firewall, at least on the boxes that I havent ripped it out by the roots, well and of course the Linux boxes :p

eeyrjmr said:
Where is links
Where is links with Framebuffer support
Where is Epiphany?
appolgies! i only had 10 options, and my primary intrest was windows browsers.

BTW thanks to everyone so far for keeping on topic :D this is very intresting so far.

Rombus said:
Even better, Could an admin or someone with server stat access for hardOCP or hardforums post the numbers here?
Sorry, but regular admins don't have access to that info.

I still use IE6 primarily but I do have Firefox installed.

At the moment, Opera 8.02 Final - paid and Firefox 1.5beta

Some times I open that ancient browser that came with my OS.

:eek: There's no one else out there using Netscape 7.2?!?!??! Man..... I use it on everything. Windows, Panther and Linux.

insanarchist said:
Just wondering; why?
Tabbed browsing holds no allure for me (I'm conditioned to just hit keyboard shortcuts to open things in new browser windows) and I don't use any extensions. As for security, let's just say I don't generally go to sites where that is an issue. ;)

What I mainly use Firefox for is comparing how sites display, especially when someone says they're having an issue with one vs. the other. It's also handy for dual log-ins when you're lazy and don't want to keep logging in/out. For example, I leave "Lethal" logged in at [H] on IE and then hop over to Firefox and use a test account (or even log out completely) to help troubleshoot an issue a member might be having. Honestly, sometimes those "admin privileges" get in the way of being able to see things from a regular user's or guest's perspective. :D

That said, it's six of one, half a dozen of the other. I'm just comfortable using IE so I see no need to switch. :)

I currently use IE most of the time, I have Firefox and Opera installed though...

IE just works all the time for quick stuff, so that is what I end up using.

Lethal said:
As for security, let's just say I don't generally go to sites where that is an issue. ;)

whereas I'll click about anything and go just about anywhere :p

Having the noscript extention so I can select which javascripts a particular site is throwing at me I find an invaluable tool for Firefox.

Safari ever since I've moved to the Apple Computer Platform. And I do have to say I'm very happy with it.

When I was using Windows I switched to Mozilla a while back then about last fall I picked up FireFox. That was a great browser in my opinion over IE 6. Whenever I use a Windows machine I try to look to see if FireFox is installed.

The only problem I have with FireFox and Safari is that they don't work with Yahoo Music very well, but its not big of a deal.

Spectre said:
Firefox, and whateve the SideKick uses.
Me too. I love my sidekick. Can be checking H anytime I want. :D Love this little device. They just need to speed up the internet and I won`t buy another phone ever.

This is a Firefox meeting place. We are a cult, so if you just happened to stop by -
Welcome to General Software!

By the way, I'm mosin, one of the cult's High Priests.

Jasonx82 said:

well hate to break it to ya but omg.. holes!

seriously. i scanned my lappy with Ad-Aware prior to the instalation of firefox, i had 75 critical objects. most were tracking cookies.i also AV scanned it, i had 3 trojans. then i installed firefox. about the same time later (with even heavyer web browsing) i re scanned both AV and spyware.. i had only 10 cookies (non critical) and no trojans. speaks for itself. imo.

Rich Tate said:
Opera paid. Like tabbed browsing, and the stability and speed.

FF does tab browsing too.
One feature I really like about Opera though - the left/right mouse click for back/forward.

The_Mage18 said:
:eek: There's no one else out there using Netscape 7.2?!?!??! Man..... I use it on everything. Windows, Panther and Linux.
How is Netscape nowadays? I haven't used that in years and years.

Netscape is done. They gave up on the browser months ago and now are focusing on FF.

Back