Votes: 153 71.8%
  • Opera

Votes: 22 10.3%
  • Safari

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 5 2.3%

• Total voters
95% if the time, I use Firefox. The plug-ins just flat beat IE. I will use IE for microsoft uses, and occasionally for a page that won't load right in Fox, but thats it. I've used Opera before, but didn't prefer it - it works though.

I picked other because I use both IE7 and Firefox. IE7 has improved greatly over IE6, while Firefox has started getting more bloated and slower than it's predecessors. I suppose I could drop Firefox and just go IE7. I just would run with active x disabled most of the time.

quick question, can firefox, IE, safari backup your preferences?

in opera i have these preferences

my bookmarks are organized into folders which i put on the top bar (forums folder, >> open all into seperate tabs, and boom 40 tabs open, all auto login)
tabs are on the left hand side to take advantage of the widescreen aspect ratio
i have a brushed aluminum skin
search engine preferences
auto fill preferences
speed dial preferences
etc, etc, etc

in opera i RAR 1 folder called profile, i can then copy that profile folder to all my computers and now all computers have the exact same opera browsing prefernces (including skin)

can you do that with any of the other browsers?
can any browsers bring tabs back that you have maybe accidentally closed off? opera has the tab trash folder which i use CONSTANTLY even if i closed it several days ago.
mouse gestures out of the box?
voice command?

Bah. Internet explorer right now cuz I'm too lazy to install Firefox. But I use exclusively firefox on my linux system at work :)

I would say that I use Firefox, but what I *really* use is Firefox addons...

And this is after weeding out the ones I don't actually use. :eek:

ffaddonsuj2.jpg

Geez that's a lot of extensions. The only ones I use that are worth noting (in order of most to least important) are Web Search Pro, Tab Mix Plus, and Download Statusbar.

I use Opera, Firefox and Safari.

I could make a huge list of things that suck in each one, but if I could only use one of them, it'd definitely be Opera.

There are lots of reasons, but simply, Opera is the fastest and requires me to do the least to get things how I like. It's *almost* like they made Opera just for me with all the features and defaults that I like. I can't say that about the others. I'm definitely more productive in Opera.

I don't use IE. It's just too far behind in standards support and the UI is horrible. I don't like jumping through hoops to install multiple versions either. For me to use it though, they'd have to fix all those problems and surpass the others, so I just put it in the same boat as Netscape 4.

Safari is pretty cool though. It just uses a little too much memory at the moment and doesn't have many features. It's fast though.

Firefox doesn't have many features either. But, if you take FF3, integrate a few extensions and give it a fast UI like Opera's, it would be pretty cool. K-Meleon with gecko 1.9 would come close to that.

I use firefox with Firebug and Web Developer plugins. If I use IE, I use IE6 not IE7 because it's a resource hog.

quick question, can firefox, IE, safari backup your preferences? in opera i RAR 1 folder called profile, i can then copy that profile folder to all my computers and now all computers have the exact same opera browsing prefernces (including skin)

can you do that with any of the other browsers?

Yes, I have Fox backed-up (thunderbird also-contacts, emails, etc), and can load it right back to the way I had it, all in one file. I have skins, search engine options, etc, bleh-bleh.

Fox has more plug-ins and extentions than I can use in a session.

I use Firefox and IE tabs for everything. There is only one work related thing that I must use IE for.

Recent FireFox changeover here.

Used Opera for a couple of years because I wasn't into the FFs memory usage. Switched back once I realized that was a lot better as well as FF being just plain faster.

I'm surprised no one here uses Web Developer or Firebug. They're the best addons for firefox hands down. You can add/edit cookies, web forms, find hidden forms and stuff on webpages, isn't that anyone's version of fun? It is for me...

I use Firefox because I can't make IE7's tabbing system work the way I like.

I just wish Firefox didn't have so many memory leaks, that problem is getting old.

I use Firefox exclusively. I run Beta 3 at home, and it's been great; been running FF since well before 1.0 and it's treated me very well.

Fast, stable, and continually updated and patched when problems/issues arise.

Yeah it really is getting old. I might consider another browser if this continues.
Years ago (FF 1.5), this was an issue for me, but nowadays I haven't seen a memory leak in as long as I can remember having FF2.

The only memory leak I can detect is that while Firefox is in use, closing pages doesnt free the memory they used.
When closing Firefox down, all memory is released so its not so bad you need to reboot to resolve, but it can be annoying if doing multiple things on your box and you need the memory.
I havent had an issue with it since getting 4GB ram though.

Also use FF, had some problems recently but I can't get use to they way IE looks.

fire fox for a few years. i do like other browsers but fire fox has the best plugins.

downthemall and *dd bl*ck pl*s <3

Firefox. Love it. Customizability FTW.

I've not found a webpage that doesn't work with it, nor have I found a problem that wasn't solved by a configuration or an extension.

Use opera! I love how you can use the forward button to go to a page you havn't yet been to. Maybe you can do this in firefox, but i dont know how?

Switched from FF to Opera about 5 months ago, and havent looked back.

The speed dial page, being able to preform a quick mouse gesture to open a new tab, then type "g blah blah" for an instant google search all within 4 seconds is simply amazing. Its everything I need, and nothing I dont. It took me a little getting used to when I swaped from FF, but its so worth it.

Back