What bluetooth headset are you using?

Azazel90x

2[H]4U
Im looking for a new headset and i was wondering what you guys used? What do you think is a great headset for a great price?

I had a Plantronics Voyager 815 and it was awesome. It fit right in the ear and didn't use a clip. The sound quality was compressed, but it worked, flatout worked. People could always hear me and I could always hear them. I washed it when it was like a week old. I am sad.

Now I have a Jabra BT8010 from the Egg for $20. It was like a $140 last year. It's ok, works well, has a cool display, is comfortable, etc.

But I still miss my 815.

Sony Ericsson Bluetooth HBH-GV435a
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Ericsson-Bluetooth-HBH-GV435a-over/dp/B000VWW6FY

I have been using this headset for a little while now and it's awesome. Very comfortable for extended use, sound quality is decent and very little issue with connection issues or popcorn noise.

Other bluetooth headsets I have used:
Motorola H700 (I didn't find this one comfortable, the ringing sound was anoying and I did have conneciton issue with this one).
Jabra JX 10 (good sound quality, no connection issues to speak of but ear hook breaks very easily and without the ear hook I found it unsuitable for extended use)
Plantonrics Voyager 510 (decent sound quality, suffered from popcorn noise issues, comfortable for extended use though).

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I was wondering the same thing. Been browsing for a cheap one, like the Samsung WEP200. Any suggestions?

wow, i just looked on newegg for bluetooth headsets, and found them going for 50-60,70 even 80$ less then any other website! Wow! I swore i looked for headsets a few days ago but when i saw Met-Al's post about getting his 8010 for 20$ i had to check and dang....top quality headsets for bargain bin prices...

So im thinking either the Motorola H12 or the Plantronics Voyager 815, any opinions?

Jawbone 2. Best BT headset I've used to date.

Eragon: I tried the Plantronics 815. Great audio quality, very light. However, the earpiece fits very deep into the ear canal -- much too deep for my comfort level. Pushing the call button drives the earpiece even deeper. If the rubber tip dislodged from the headset, it could get stuck and require a quick trip to the ER.

The Plantronics Voyager 520 is quite good and can be had for about $30, but it's kinda bulky.

That Sony HBH-GV435a looks really unusual. How does it fit in your ear?

I'm currently using a Samsung WEP410 and it's awesome no frills headset. I never had a problem with connections or anyone else having problems hearing me. It's got a feature that lets me turn off the annoying flashing blue led....love it

I got my wife the Jabra BT8010 and she loves it for movies and music but I find it too bulky and don't like the idea of something that big and bulky hanging off my ear. The Samsung has an earbud style fitting like the Shures so no ear loop is required. I'm looking into getting a Blueant Z9 and flashing it to a Z9i

Other Bluetooth used:
Moto H500 = sound quality and fit = garbage
Plantronics Explorer 350 = fit was ok, sound quality was ok, range was 5 feet max before crackling and popping became unbearable
Jabra JX10= great headset, comfortable, great call quality but brother stole it when he came to visit
Moto H605: good call quality but had trouble staying in the ear
Samsung WEP200: I really can't comment because I found out shortly after that I got a fake
Jabra BR8040: roughly same size as my WEP410, features based off the BT8010, i can listen to movies and music just fine but sound quality during a call was lacking.

I tried the Blueant Z9. Loved everything about it except the fit. The earhook actually hurt after wearing it for more than a few minutes.

I have two Plantronics Voyager 510s. good feel, good call quality, holds a charge very well.. easy to use.. works well in noisy environments..

So im thinking either the Motorola H12 or the Plantronics Voyager 815, any opinions?

I mentioned my thoughts on it above, I liked it alot. I have only had two BT headsets, and that 815 was my favorite. One of the cool things about it, is that a little bit of what you were saying was played back through so you can hear exactly what the other person hearing.

Eragon: I tried the Plantronics 815. Great audio quality, very light. However, the earpiece fits very deep into the ear canal -- much too deep for my comfort level. Pushing the call button drives the earpiece even deeper. If the rubber tip dislodged from the headset, it could get stuck and require a quick trip to the ER.

Regarding the rubber tip coming off, I really don't think that is possible. They take quite a bit of pulling to get off to change one out which pretty much leads me to believe there is no chance of it coming off in your ear. ...and besides, if it did, just plug your nose and close your mouth and blow real hard. :D

I mentioned my thoughts on it above, I liked it alot. I have only had two BT headsets, and that 815 was my favorite. One of the cool things about it, is that a little bit of what you were saying was played back through so you can hear exactly what the other person hearing.

Regarding the rubber tip coming off, I really don't think that is possible. They take quite a bit of pulling to get off to change one out which pretty much leads me to believe there is no chance of it coming off in your ear. ...and besides, if it did, just plug your nose and close your mouth and blow real hard. :D

Yea i saw your post, thats what made me google it and i found its a really great headset and only 50$ on newegg thats why its between the 815 and the H12

The ear gels on the 815 I had popped off very easily. Not saying it bothers everyone. It just wasn't right for me.

The ear gels on the 815 I had popped off very easily. Not saying it bothers everyone. It just wasn't right for me.
That is weird, those little buggers were stuck on good on mine.

The downfall of MY 815 is that it was so easy to do the "put it in ear, make call, pull it out and slip in the pocket" routine. I ended up leaving it in the pocket of my shirt and ran it through the wash.

That is weird, those little buggers were stuck on good on mine.

The downfall of MY 815 is that it was so easy to do the "put it in ear, make call, pull it out and slip in the pocket" routine. I ended up leaving it in the pocket of my shirt and ran it through the wash.

is it comfortable enough to leave it in all day?

But i do think the H12 is better for all day use, mainly because it has a slim ear hook that is super comfortable and stays on better then just an ear plug

EDIT: Bit the bullet, bought the motorola h12 from newegg, 40$ on newegg. Thought it had better reviews, and a much better comfort level then the 815.

is it comfortable enough to leave it in all day?

But i do think the H12 is better for all day use, mainly because it has a slim ear hook that is super comfortable and stays on better then just an ear plug

EDIT: Bit the bullet, bought the motorola h12 from newegg, 40$ on newegg. Thought it had better reviews, and a much better comfort level then the 815.

The 815 was fine in for long periods of times, but the headset acted as a ear plug and you couldn't hear anything out of that ear while it was in. I just took it in and out all the time between calls mostly, but at times I would leave it in for a few hours with no discomfort.

Post back on how you like the H15.

The 815 was fine in for long periods of times, but the headset acted as a ear plug and you couldn't hear anything out of that ear while it was in. I just took it in and out all the time between calls mostly, but at times I would leave it in for a few hours with no discomfort.

Post back on how you like the H15.

Yup, i will definitely post a mini review of the headset when it comes in. <3 Newegg :D

I just got my father a Plantronics Voyager 510 based on it's excellent reviews. I'll tell ya how it is next week.

whelp, just got a bluetooth headset.....its the one that comes bundled with SOCOM:Confrontation, havent tried it out yet but i will report back when its fully charged, its not a half bad bluetooth headset either, but i already have the H12 on order, so i guess ill have a back up one :D

Have a Jawbone 2 as my main set

Moto H300 as a backup. Voice quality sucks, but I like that is uses AAA batteries

Plantronics Voyager 520. I had two 510's prior to this. I lost the first one and the second only lasted about a year. The 520 is dirt cheap for like $40 anywhere these days. Most people cannot tell I'm on BT. My only complaint is battery life is advertized as 6-8 hours and I tend to pull like 3-4hours

Just got the H12 in today , and WOW, it has blown away all my expectations, very good voice quality, great sound for human voice, not so much for music, but it does everything spectacularly, great fit, hardly notice its on my ear anymore, all in all id highly recommend this headset, no sound crackling, only plays the sound its supposed to, connected it to my phone and pc no problems. Will try ps3 later, but i have no reason to believe it wont connect as the ps3 picks up all bluetooth devices no problem. absoutely blows away the official ps3 headset (of course)

the motorola H5 -- i got it cheap at a CompUSA liquidation and it's served me faithfully.

Cardo s-800, well made, noise canceling, pairs with 2 bt devices and inexpensive, good sound and volume too. gotta use the ear loop though as the in ear design sucks.

Just got the H12 in today , and WOW, it has blown away all my expectations, very good voice quality, great sound for human voice, not so much for music, but it does everything spectacularly, great fit, hardly notice its on my ear anymore, all in all id highly recommend this headset, no sound crackling, only plays the sound its supposed to, connected it to my phone and pc no problems. Will try ps3 later, but i have no reason to believe it wont connect as the ps3 picks up all bluetooth devices no problem. absoutely blows away the official ps3 headset (of course)
Awesome, thanks for your post! I have a Plantronics 320 that's crapping out on me/is super uncomfortable so I've been looking for a good priced replacement for a while. Definitely will be picking up an H12 soon.

Back