What Are Your Computers Named?

TekieB

[H]ard|Gawd
Mine are as follows:

"HSRM66064" (so it doens't send a flag up at school)
Bluelight
Deepthought
HSRM66032 (laptop, same as above)

What about you guys, I know this is stupid, but fun/

I used Deepthought a while back, but now my main box is named Cecillia. Others have been named various names that I don't remember at the moment, I try to rename every time I upgrade mobo CPU or hard drive.

I REALLY try HARD to never have the same name for any systems past or present.

in the past:
Taz
Fragbait
Demios
Phobos
Black Dragon
Bonk
Toshi (old toshiba P133 laptop I thought the name was cute)
(lot more memory is not serving)

present
Demia
Draco

future(possible not certain names)
Angie
Tifa
Asheron
Bunny Slippers
Chocolate
Stay Puff
Susano
Silk
Roto-Router
Dust Puppy
Red Dwarf
Lister
Kat
Krighten (SP?)
Holly

Corona
Nautilus
Intrigue
Inspire
Bismark
Defender
Laptop
ServerPDC
ServerBDC

Each one has a certain meaning, depending on what the system does (or what I was thinking about/doing at the time of naming). :)

Corona was accidently christened with one of those large 1 litre-ish bottles :D

Before getting Bismark running correctly, that dual AMD system kept crashing & sinking Windows 2000 like mad. Hence that name :)

Last computer was named Talyn. This one, I've gone through several. First it was Excelsior, then Biliskner, now Excalibur, and I'm thinking of making it Serenity now that I'm modding it (sorry Kurtis...).

I typcially use the planets at home. At work, I use either Greek gods, or names of the elements.

my desktop "Project Overcool (Leviathan)"
my laptop "Super Laptop"
my moms computer "Turbine Server" (i did the rayra turbine mod a few weeks after he posted it"

my dads computer is still whatever it came from the store

Names Before Last Reformat Wave:

Main Rig: Andjety
Second Rig: Anubis

Names after last Reformat Wave:

Main Rig: Gnosis
Second Rig: Novalis
Third (in progress rig): Osiris (Until Completed)

I don't really bother with names. About the only time my computer has a name is when I get mad at it and start calling it a POS or SOB. :p

SmokeRngs said:
I don't really bother with names. About the only time my computer has a name is when I get mad at it and start calling it a POS or SOB. :p
same here

I name mine "fluffy" and dress it up in sexy clothes, then i whisper to it. And pet it calmly remind it how much.........

What was the question again?

Statement
Development
Recoil

Those are my 3 current systems. I'd be genuinely happy if someone here knew where they came from.

my laptop's name is Chimaera
and my home pc's name is Bellerophon

Current machine: Canti
Storage machine: Bahamut
Laptop: Gameboy
Compaq P133 - Borkzilla

The only time my computers ever get names is when they are not working right. Then they get names like, "you stuid, no good piece of rotten...". You get the point.

"Old computer" - Ancient XT (no was never networked but tahts was its name)
Lagginator 200 - P200 mmx
Comcrap - Dead compaq
Raidmax - PC #2 that was the name on the box.
awdark - PC #1 unnamed.

Desktop is Bluefusion Because of mod name
TabletPC: Ub3rNote Because this is the king of all paper notebooks
Servers:
OMGHosting Because its a HUGE server, and i bought it when i was living in the dorms, i had just gotten it and set it up on a chair (thing ways 125ish pounds) and went out with some of my friends, my roomate came back and put a note on it that said Oh My God. That started everything, i was thinking about what i wanted to call it one day, and OMG just seemed right, so OMGHosting.net was born!

WingNut: Current sever project im working on for my job, got named wingnut because where i got it from had all the starwars names taken, so we decided on wingnut.

I named the comp where I used to work Fred. Dunno why. :)

SmokeRngs said:

I agree. I certainly don't see any rational point to branding an inanimate object with a name. It just seems rather silly, in my opinion. Although "Canti" and "Bahamut" sound rather fun, it's just not my bag.

Dark Assassin

Well, they're the names I use for network IDs for these comps. A lot better than just comp1, comp2, comp3, etc. Plus, 'Canti' does really have a nice ring to it. :D

Sun workstation - sparky
File server - bigloudpos
Gaming rig - bludrayn

I really have fun with naming my stuff:

Black AXP1900+ gaming PC: Xanadu
P2.4 (green) gaminc PC: Polliwog
iBook G3: Zion
iBook G4: Charra
iPod: Aki
Xbox: Ascenzia
Phone (T616): The Pimp Machine
BF1942/DC/EoD server: Dat Serva
Oc'ed Compaq (504 mhz): Frankenstein

And my favorite name of all:
Olde skool 10lb P166 Toshiba laptop: Clunk
You may not appreciate that name, but I crack up every time someone yells, "Hey, can I borrow Clunk, I wanna play Starcraft"

You have to say it a few times while looking at that big ugly thing. Clunk. Clunk. CLUNK!!!

(Okay, it's 1am here, I was bored. Deal with it. Clunk still owns you.)

Its wierd, im corrosive on EVERY forum I join on the internet, but in games im Dante. So I naturally named my computer Inferno.

LstOfTheBrunnenG said:
Last computer was named Talyn. This one, I've gone through several. First it was Excelsior, then Biliskner, now Excalibur, and I'm thinking of making it Serenity now that I'm modding it (sorry Kurtis...).

farscape, yay. (talyn = badass too)

anyway

desktop = alien (i have NO idea why it is named this, but i chose it, and it kinda stuck, and its not an alienware)
laptop = acerlaptop (duh)
parents computers are their first names
server is "server" (because "ping server") is just so convienent.

heatsinker said:
Melchior
Balthasar
Caspar

The three kings or so they say...

Melchior, Balthazar, and Gaspar here.

For a time, they used to all reside in black Antec SOHO cases under my desk...

I named three of our servers at work that too... its funny when people come in asking for rights to a certain volume on "mel-choir"

Too much Evangelion...

server: CRM114
desktop: Nonsense
future laptop: Mitchell

and i can't say how pleased i am see no matrix references in this thread....

Renraku
Mitsuhama
Fuchi
MSFTSCKS
IH8ecs

Those are what I can remember, first three are from the game Shadowrun for the genesis. Most of the time I just type in a bunch of giberish: fjaklr3jkl2r

And miaz named his iBook G3: Zion. Zion is of course the human city from Matrix.

Back