What are you? (Titan Quest)

fuzzy34

Am I Really Still [H]ere?
This thread is to talk about your Titan Quest charaters, specially the class you like the most, or just your different combinations you have (assuming you have more than 1 already :cool: )

I'm in the storm tree right now (lvl 6). Not sure if I want to go earth, nature, or spirit for my second.

Main
superNoid - Ranger - Hunting/Nature build.. shooting for high Marksmanship and undecided if I want to go healing/auras or Pet build.

Alt
Ghost - Assassin - Warfare/Rogue build.. shooting for high hit percentage and crit rates. Dual wielding of course ;)

theNoid said:
Main
superNoid - Ranger - Hunting/Nature build.. shooting for high Marksmanship and undecided if I want to go healing/auras or Pet build.

Alt
Ghost - Assassin - Warfare/Rogue build.. shooting for high hit percentage and crit rates. Dual wielding of course ;)

I went ranger as well. At first i had some points in the pet skills, but ive specced out of that and just have about 5 points in the heal, and thats all from that tree. I got an item that adds passive +2 ensnare, and built a bowstring runed bow. The arrow skills all stack on each other, and are really nice- i cant wait to get the multishot thing. I figure i wont go for pets, just heals and such from that tree and focus on combat.

Battlemage - Warrior/Pyro

Im mostly going for buffs with the pyro mage skills, while im focusing on pure melee skills with the warrior. No horn or buffs on warrior side.

Battlemage warrior/earth

I think I'm lvl 19 now. Got some stellar drops (1 green and one blue fast sword, dually of course) some epic armor, a green lid, epic leggings, epic charm. Tearing through guys; really fun. I'm focusing more on the melee but adding a lot of juice to the fire element for the swords.

Soy - Conqueror (Warfare/Defense). Currently level 25.

So far I'm loving the Defense mastery. There are some seriously sweet skills in that tree. I can't wait until I get colossus form. =D

Basically I'm a kickass melee type. I sometimes use my bow to pull or kill other archers. But the basis of my combat is to dive right in and start using my shield slams (Batter).Very fun stuff.

im a rogue/storm. im loving the rogue skills though i didnt put any skills into traps. ill re-roll another toon.

You really don't have to reroll in the game, you can pay an NPC to unlearn things. Making money is easy in the game.

Battlemage. eart/warrior

Its fun, i have my core dweller to distract monsters and i use the fire enchant and that warrior spell that gives you more damage the more times you hit somebody, and that massive fireball spell to finish people.

best part about the class system is the amount of freedom you have...

for instance last night i played with a guy who had storm/nature which i didnt think to be a great combo but he was rockin hard while using a bow with that...

I'm using storm at level 15, wow it's amazing. I can't wait for chain lightning!

I have a question about titans quest. Is it like diablo where you have like :RAnger(female), barbarian(male) etc? Or is it like "Choose class-> choose sex"?

Fibbles is a level 15 Slayer.

I'm on the lower half of the Warfare class for dual wielding and doge, with a full something (sigh, I can't remember what it's called now) skill as my primary attack.

I'm also a hunter with 3 points in something on the far right bottom, survival maybe? I was 6/6 points in, but I used a mystic to put the points back into Warfare. I prefer my spiffied up dual swords to a bow and I flat out hate the spear.

I wish you got more points when you leveld up. I feel so limited so far :confused: I am pretty powerful, but I have too little strength and dexterity and have to use enhanced items just so I can wear my ironskin suit :(

Gob said:
I have a question about titans quest. Is it like diablo where you have like :RAnger(female), barbarian(male) etc? Or is it like "Choose class-> choose sex"?

as im not sure if its diablo being i never played it, titan quest you pick your name and sex then at level 2 you pick a mastery, then at level 8 you get to pick another so you can have 2.

btw, updated: my main is level 16 now, pretty awesome storm/spirit my alt is lvl 6 nature, im thinking hunting for a second right now

Conjurer (spirit/earth)
2 pets -- Lich, who deals out serious damage, and earth elemental who takes massive beatings and holds aggro. I sit back and plunk with a bow and occasionally do my life leach or fireball spells.

Gob said:

You can mix and match classes and sexes. Zero character customization though, as far as appearance -- you pick your sex and jump in the game.

I'm playing a magician (rogue/earth) and it's a nice little hybrid class that spurts out a ton of DPS. I am using mostly rogue weapon skills (calculated strike/lucky hit, blade honing, envenom weapon, lethal strike), then I supplement it with earth enchantment which gives bonus fire damage, physical damge and burn damage. I also have points in flash powder for defense, and volcanic orb (better then traps) usually for clearing out an army of skeleton archers:p. I tried the pet, but I just didn't like it all that much, and the points are better used elswhere.

Question guys, at level 15 or so, how much is/was your DPS regular attack? Mine's 84 right now using my staff, pretty nice.. I 2hit people :)

as im not sure if its diablo being i never played it

woah. really? REALLY? never played diablo eh. wow.

anyway, i have a warfare/nature @ level 18. im mostly about getting onslaught going and then laying waste with War Wind. then after the bodies hit the floor, i use regrowth. rince and repeat for the win.

jester1176 said:
woah. really? REALLY? never played diablo eh. wow.

yeah, as much as i like titan quest, i have no idea how i missed diablo

Its crazy... at level 13 my Ranger already is pushing 300 Dexterity (insane buffs + items), and I have gotten 8 Blue rare drops lol ... I'd be a higher level but this damned holiday weekend continues to call me to the outer realms of my house, lol.

Now I'm at level 20 . Onslaught is my primary attach and War Wind is my secondary and I seem to rock!

It felt like, well, from level 16 to now, there was a huge jump in my damage abilities :confused: Now I can kick a lot of ass and take names, much more than a few levels ago.

I'm a level 18 Druid (Storm/Nature) using Ice Shard torrents for my main attack. It reminds me of my Charged Bolts Sorceress from Diablo II except I destroy things even faster. Loving this game so far, the only complaint I've had is how I only get melee/heavy armor rares.

Pooky said:
Now I'm at level 20 . Onslaught is my primary attach and War Wind is my secondary and I seem to rock!

It felt like, well, from level 16 to now, there was a huge jump in my damage abilities :confused: Now I can kick a lot of ass and take names, much more than a few levels ago.
I think it depends if you split your points between classes early or not. I did, and the boss guy for Greece was damn near impossible. But at level 23, the boss for the second act was cake. Probably helped, though, that I found a skill shrine a little bit before I got to him, and recast both my pets with +6 to their level and skills.

fuzzy34 said:
yeah, as much as i like titan quest, i have no idea how i missed diablo
Diablo 2 has stolen more hours away from me than I care to admit. Went though 3 separate periods where I was addicted to it and played hundreds of hours. You should grab D2 and Lord of Destruction (the add-on pack) and go online -- it's actually superior to Titan Quest in every way except graphically.

bipolar said:
Diablo 2 has stolen more hours away from me than I care to admit. Went though 3 separate periods where I was addicted to it and played hundreds of hours. You should grab D2 and Lord of Destruction (the add-on pack) and go online -- it's actually superior to Titan Quest in every way except graphically.

Except it is old as fuck, completely hacked up on Battle.net and so played out that I could never enjoy it again. As far as I'm concerned, it did have a better story and much better stability, but TQ is better otherwise.

im now running with a defense/warfare build, and unlike my warfare/nature build, i can take a beating, but my battles last a bit longer...

the drops are horrible with this character. my first had 4 blue items by level 5. this toon hasn't seen a single one, and im level 10. how painful!

krameriffic said:
Except it is old as fuck, completely hacked up on Battle.net and so played out that I could never enjoy it again. As far as I'm concerned, it did have a better story and much better stability, but TQ is better otherwise.
To quote myself from another thread:

I really like this game, but it falls short of being a true Diablo 3 for a number of reasons.

1) No randomized map. This is the biggest issue in my mind. The primary appeal of Diablo II was running bosses for loot, and the thing that kept it interesting was that the path to Mephisto (or Baal, or whoever) was different every time. Figuring out how to hit the breakpoint for fcr so you could teleport without getting owned by stygian dolls while randomly teleporting was part of the appeal. How boring are boss runs going to be when it's "take the first left, then the third right, go straight until just over the bridge than your next left" on every boss run? To put it in perspective, Diablo's lair was the only non-randomized boss dungeon -- and how often was Diablo run compared to Meph or Baal? Even Andy was run more often than Diablo.

2) Linearity. Most maps are very linear, far more so than in Diablo II. Remember the wide-open swaths of desert you had to travel through, going whichever direction you wanted? Or every part of act IV until the narrow path over the lava, or the Act 1 areas that were giant masses of grassland to travel over? Places like that are far and few between in TQ -- usually there's a trail you're following, with only slightly more room to wander off of it than there is in, say, Guild Wars. (caveat: I'm still in Greece, so perhaps it opens up more later)

3) More of an annoyance than anything, but TQ desperately needs a Diablo-style overlay minimap.

4) Multiplayer is almost meaningless. Without b.net style secured characters (yes, there was cheating, but nothing like in open battlenet), what's the point of trading? I suppose the answer here is to play with friends only.

1 and 2 are the biggest issues for me. I am enjoying this game a lot, but for me it will not have anything like the replayability of Diablo 2. I figure one run-through on all 3 difficulties will do it for me -- the non-randomized aspect affects the game more than I had supposed it would.

[edit] Forgot another one that's almost as important as 1 and 2 to me. No Hardcore mode Hardcore mode was the only way I played Diablo 2, and the lack of it here makes me a sad panda. I suppose I could just 'pretend' and quit a char when he dies, but it's not the same.

You don't think there will be hacking in TQ online games, considering that every character is stored client side? It'll be like open battle.net, with sorcs doing 50k of damage per lightning or trapsins doing 60k lightning sentries. You get your rune duping on ladder, but that's it, and it's easy enough to avoid if you want to play legit.

Lvl 28 bonecharmer (hunting/spirit)

Sit back, pump arrows into whatever my lich king is beating up.

I finally got a blue drop bow, called tendonripper, the thing is pretty nice, albeit not quite quick enough.

Anybody see any of the obsidian armor set pieces? I got the helm and it looks incredible. About 10 years from now maybe I'll have the full set.

Just getting into babylon now and things are getting a bit rough for a lightly armored hybrid. I have to be careful to make sure the lich is on point, which is kind of painful with this interface.

I've just about maxed out the lich skills, can start thinking about heading back to the hunting tree to pump my own DPS, which is only around 115 with a bow and no buffs. It was kind of rough before I got the nice bow.

does it matter what ur first class is, like if u pick nature/warfare or a warfare/nature would it be the same stats and all?

Firebomb said:
does it matter what ur first class is, like if u pick nature/warfare or a warfare/nature would it be the same stats and all?

I believe so, but generally you want to go into your main one first, so you don't have all those low level points unused..

straigh spirit is probably the greatest thing ever, nothin like summoning a lich king and letting him dish out damage while you sit and leech life, replinishing any lost health

/rant I don't get what you people are harping on TQ over random maps. It's still the SAME way to the SAME place. Different scenery with the wals in a different place are hardly a "freegaming" experience. The maps in this game are gorgeous! /end rant

Level 29 now, have a few blue drops; got one as a level 6 that helped me a TON. In Egypt I picked up 2 pieces of Ramses armor. Wow, I am one tough mofo now. The bonuses for blue suits are amazing!

lvl 17 Defender...

Not very impressive as far as dame goes but very impressive as far as taking damge goes. Just a pure tank.. More like a battleship.

First I made a Hunter/Roague with everything put into passive skills and piercing, used a spear.

Then I trashed that one for a Warrior/Nature- lvl 13 now.

bipolar said:
To quote myself from another thread:

You don't think there will be hacking in TQ online games, considering that every character is stored client side? It'll be like open battle.net, with sorcs doing 50k of damage per lightning or trapsins doing 60k lightning sentries. You get your rune duping on ladder, but that's it, and it's easy enough to avoid if you want to play legit.

Umm, yay reading comprehension. That's basically exactly what he said, that he wished the multiplayer had a closed, secure server, otherwise it'll be like open battle net with rampant hacking and no real value to items anymore!

I've got a 35 paladin (Storm/Defense) who has nearly all epics. On epic difficulty, you will die a lot if you don't pay attention.

I've also got a 20 summoner (nature/earth) who just lets pets do all the fighting, only problem is, the first telkine mind controls your pets and heals himself up to full...so i'm having extreme difficulty beating him with that build.

Game if freaking beautiful. With some work, this game could blow D2 out of the water, but as it stands, its just great. D2 offered more to do with runes/gems, offered better epics/sets for the higher difficulty settings, and just was awesome. TQ, so far, won't let me rune epic(blue) items. I wish it would, but it seems i can't.

Just started this game today. I'm Lvl 2 right now and I am Rogue. Not sure what I want to go for as my second.

Colonel Sanders said:
Umm, yay reading comprehension. That's basically exactly what he said, that he wished the multiplayer had a closed, secure server, otherwise it'll be like open battle net with rampant hacking and no real value to items anymore!

Exactly. I had said that D2 was better in every way, he responded with "except that it is hacked to hell on battle.net", implying that TQ is superior to D2 in this way. Hence I pointed out that D2's ladder characters are far more secure than TQ's chars will ever be.

Back