What are you CURRENTLY using?

What platform is your current main mobile phone using?

• Total voters
How do you like the Z1? Sony has been coming out with some sexy phones lately, I'm really liking them.

I really like this phone - very good screen, though if you like oversaturated Samsung screens, you might be disappointed. It supports the 64 GB card. Not too much bloatware (though Sony movie and music services aint aviable in Poland, so I can't comment how they work), very good facebook/twitter client - IMO Social Life is one of best clients I've seen in phone.

Battery is quite efficient. I can browse, take pictures and call, and still not worry about juice. The only drawback is that you get 20 MP in camera only 4:3 manual mode, while the auto uses the matrix to downsample to 8MP.

Design is flawless - for me,it is most sexy looking Android handsets on market (LG G2 comes second). Large screen works nice for web/movies/you tube.

I really like this phone - very good screen, though if you like oversaturated Samsung screens, you might be disappointed. It supports the 64 GB card. Not too much bloatware (though Sony movie and music services aint aviable in Poland, so I can't comment how they work), very good facebook/twitter client - IMO Social Life is one of best clients I've seen in phone.

Battery is quite efficient. I can browse, take pictures and call, and still not worry about juice. The only drawback is that you get 20 MP in camera only 4:3 manual mode, while the auto uses the matrix to downsample to 8MP.

Design is flawless - for me,it is most sexy looking Android handsets on market (LG G2 comes second). Large screen works nice for web/movies/you tube.

Some big things that push me off from getting a Z1 is....
1. C6906 is really hard to find, and overprice all over the place. It's the only one support 700MHZ LTE band
2. Camera is still crap after software, and I can take better picture with Xperia Z
3. Battery Life is also crap, doesn't matter the size.
4. That bezel...... WTF? With Screen softkey!?
5. A lot of people reporting Xperia Z that it's not really waterproof, and the back-plate comes off easily over time. This puts me in doubt for Z1.

I am looking into Z1s, see if they manage to fix all those thing, which I highly doubt it.

That's something I noticed on even their low end hardware. It was a pretty consistent smooth experience. Something I think the lower end of android needs to work on.

yeah it is butter smooth even on the lowest you can go phones (nokia 52X) and everything works as it should... one positive thing about the Nokia 521, staggering battery life in my real world usage with low to moderate use by my wife. it clocks in around 3 days between charges. My Nokia 810 on the other hand makes it 2 days under the same scenario. or 1 day under heavy usage...

Primary - iPhone and iPad.

I've used Blackberry 10, Windows Phone 7.5 and Android, the Blackberry Z10 was given back after 2 days as the OS is unusable, I used a Wildfire S Android phone for months and will never touch Android again, had a Lumia 800 for a year and enjoyed it but now on an iPhone 4S as it matches my iPad 2.

Primary - iPhone and iPad.

I've used Blackberry 10, Windows Phone 7.5 and Android, the Blackberry Z10 was given back after 2 days as the OS is unusable, I used a Wildfire S Android phone for months and will never touch Android again, had a Lumia 800 for a year and enjoyed it but now on an iPhone 4S as it matches my iPad 2.

Android (2.3) from almost 3 years ago is absolutely nothing like it is today. I wouldn't swear off Android after a bad experience from a mediocre phone even for the time it launched (and horrible specs for todays standards).

I used a Wildfire S Android phone for months and will never touch Android again

Making a judgment on an entire OS on an ancient, low-end junk phone is not a fair assessment. Android 4.0+ on a flagship is quite nice.

my cell phone is a cell phone, not a mini computer
people often ask which "new phone" I have because the calls are crystal clear, and I just laugh and say Motorola!

it's 8cm and proud of it!

410.jpg

my cell phone is a cell phone, not a mini computer
people often ask which "new phone" I have because the calls are crystal clear, and I just laugh and say Motorola!

it's 8cm and proud of it!

Arguably, you'd get the same or better call quality from a Moto X or Moto G that can also do a lot more! The days of "I'm glad it just does phone calls" are fading fast...

(This is assuming you're not kidding)

Android is for people who want to do something to their phones.

iPhone is for people who want to do something with their phones.

Windows Phone blows chow.

Wow, I am using my Windows Phone everyday and have never seen it over the toilet throwing up. Are you just having memories of you getting drunk? :rolleyes:

Lumia 900 here, still going strong despite a 30 second plunge into the bathtub. Has a crack on the screen but I think that happened during my last foot chase (naked phone in front pouch on my MOLLE vest + going over and between fences = hard on a phone).

Still Galaxy Note 1, with SlimBean 4.3.1.
Waiting for SlimKat 4.4, but it's gonna take a while.

Android, but only recently. Was iOS since the iPhone 4 before that.

I like both, both have pros/cons.

Galaxy S3 for now, waiting to see the Lumia 929 (Icon) when it comes out for verizon.

I tried a taste of WP8 on a Lumia 822 while I transitioned from US Craptactular over to verizon and liked it alot.

At first I had some doubts with the lack of google apps. but lately google has been feeling more and more intrusive. I'm sure they always have been but atleast it was quietly happening without me knowing it. Nowadays it feels like they constantly bombard me to sign up for this and store photos in pacasa, yadda yadda blah blah.

I've already transitioned over to outlook.com and found a good IM replacement for hangouts that is on all 3 platforms for the couple people I chat with daily and they are all willing to drop hangouts since they don't use it for anyone else. I love the streamlined look and feel of the microsoft stuff nowadays, Skydrive rocks.

Apps aren't much of an issue for me. WP seems to have (or in process) of getting most of the major apps I want. Who gives a crap if Android/Iphone have 900k or whatever apps. %98 of the apps in all 3 market places are crap/bloat/spam/spyware anyhows.

Android (2.3) from almost 3 years ago is absolutely nothing like it is today. I wouldn't swear off Android after a bad experience from a mediocre phone even for the time it launched (and horrible specs for todays standards).

I support the latest Android phones at work so I use the latest Galaxy S3 and S4s, they're overly complicated and they have a lot of issues with a lot of car kits, German/Volvo kits don't like the latest versions of Android.

IOS and Windows Phone is a lot simpler to use and support.

Ugh. Using Android. I switched to a different mobile provider and my iPhone 4S doesn't support that provider's frequencies so I bought a Nexus 5. So far my user experience compared to the iPhone 4S has been terrible.

Arguably, you'd get the same or better call quality from a Moto X or Moto G that can also do a lot more! The days of "I'm glad it just does phone calls" are fading fast...

(This is assuming you're not kidding)

I know, I keep the ST on my dummy line for free upgrades, and heck yea it still works :-p
It's just a fun phone to catch people off guard and sit getting me a new every two hahaha

My daily driver is a G2 right now, tried the Moto X but I actually like the 'almost not there' buttons on the back of the verizon G2. probably for the same reason I like the lack of side buttons, makes the whole thing a little more seamless

After using both Android and iOS for awhile I choose iOS.

It is just a better user experience. It's more consistent, smoother, and faster. Also the apps in my experience were generally of better design and quality and again consistency.

Every app on iOS uses pretty much the same UI elements and the same navigation concepts and they all just work how you would expect. On Android I found a mess of all sorts of UI design and navigation paradigms, some good and some bad. Again, it just isn't that consistent experience that I love and have come to expect from a well-polished device.

Currently using an iphone, im thinking of switching to android on my next upgrade.

Android. Only Android.

HTC EVO
HTC EVO 3D
Samsung Galaxy SIII

...will likely be getting the next-gen Note as a replacement if Samsung doesn't seal in the battery and there is a massive capacity extended battery available.

After using both Android and iOS for awhile I choose iOS.

It is just a better user experience. It's more consistent, smoother, and faster. Also the apps in my experience were generally of better design and quality and again consistency.

Every app on iOS uses pretty much the same UI elements and the same navigation concepts and they all just work how you would expect. On Android I found a mess of all sorts of UI design and navigation paradigms, some good and some bad. Again, it just isn't that consistent experience that I love and have come to expect from a well-polished device.

It's ironic, the thing you dislike about the android environment is the same thing that draws it to me. Sure you have to sort the good from the bad, but that is what sparks innovation.

I agree the uniformity of the approved apps makes it easier to download something and feel like you will know how to use it right away because of the 'suggested designs'.

The big studios see the small things they can add to make their product better and like the borg assimilate the good from the bad. This happens with both iOS and Android.

One of the things in common is the root/jailbreak catch 22
If you want full access to the hardware you bought, you have to void a warranty hahahaha

Phones I am currently using

Nokia Lumia 810 (me)
Nokia lumia 521 (wife)
Nokia Lumia 900 (Vietnam)
Nokia lumia 521 (Vietnam)

I've very recently upgraded my aging Nexus S with a Moto G. Very nice battery life, plenty fast for me.

The only exposure I have with iOS is a 4th gen ipod touch I sometimes use as a VOIP phone. Android widgets win out over iOS for my tastes.

I'm currently using Android on a ZTE Awe. I would be using windows phone if I didn't get this for 20 bucks. Also, my secondary phone runs BB10.

S4 for the suit and tie days.
Note 2 the rest of the time. May grab Note 3 soon.

Enjoying life with a custom matte black & red moto x on Android 4.4 KitKat.

I support the latest Android phones at work so I use the latest Galaxy S3 and S4s, they're overly complicated and they have a lot of issues with a lot of car kits, German/Volvo kits don't like the latest versions of Android.

IOS and Windows Phone is a lot simpler to use and support.

Problem highlighted. The Galaxy phones can be overly complicated with all the bloat features they have. They are not a good representation of Android in general since Samsung has the most intrusive and heaviest skin out of all the other Android OEMs. Though I've never had any issues using my Note 2 or wife's GS4 with our cars (GM and Nissan) phone/audio systems. They pair just the same as any other device. Don't think I'd fault the phone/OS for something some Eurotrash is having issues with. :p

Ugh. Using Android. I switched to a different mobile provider and my iPhone 4S doesn't support that provider's frequencies so I bought a Nexus 5. So far my user experience compared to the iPhone 4S has been terrible.

This baffles me. I could understand something like "not as good" for your preferences, but terrible? Out of all the professional (or even amateur) reviews I've seen, I don't think I've seen anyone say the N5 is terrible in any way except for maybe the speakers on it.

I know, it reads very smug when someone makes such a bold statement over a vanilla product, especially with zero support to back up the claim.

Android 4.3.1 (CyanogenMod 10.2) on Samsung Galaxy S4. Overall, I'm very happy with it.

Been on Android since it took off....used an unlocked Rogers HTC Magic on AT&T..

Currently on an HTC One on VZW...I love it...ROMS are coming along nicely as well.

Running my Lumia 920 after moving from a Note One to an Iphone 4s. Worlds difference to me. Enjoy using my phone now. My gf is using the 1020 and loves it.

Using a Motorola Droid 3. I love the keypad, but sadly 512MB of RAM makes the phone chug with resource intensive apps (read: facebook), and the Droid 4 is just too expensive still. Looking at a Droid Bionic on the cheap next week. I will never use anything but Android phones, and always have had a soft spot for Motorola kit. I have a profound hatred for anything Apple and iOS, and WP is not for me.

Back