What are some good PC Games?

Every class in TF2 is completely different. Every class is overpowered in its own way. You may yell at your monitor, but you realize you are just as bad.

lol, CoD4 gameplay is a POS compared toTF2. Don't even try to say that CoD4 is team based/tactical. The maps are horribly small, and airstrike spams everywhere all the time, and nade spams. But the worst thing is that there is no depth to CoD4 multiplayer, it's just deathmatch deathmatch deathmatch. No team work whatsoever, and you can never truly play with a friend in CoD4. Never put "realism" before gameplay in a FPS, if you're that stupid why aren't you playing Crysis.

lol, CoD4 gameplay is a POS compared toTF2. Don't even try to say that CoD4 is team based/tactical. The maps are horribly small, and airstrike spams everywhere all the time, and nade spams. But the worst thing is that there is no depth to CoD4 multiplayer, it's just deathmatch deathmatch deathmatch. No team work whatsoever, and you can never truly play with a friend in CoD4. Never put "realism" before gameplay in a FPS, if you're that stupid why aren't you playing Crysis.

Cod4 > TF2

Again, that pretty much sums it up.

Cod4 > TF2

You're definitely in the minority there...

Oh please. COD4 is team-based and tactical. The only team-based aspect ive ever seen in TF2 is a medic giving health to the huge ass guy with the machine gun so he can just sit there and rip it down a long corridor so no one can advance. Yeah! Thats real team based and tactical!

There is plenty of depth to COD4 MP, and you stink of someone who has barely played COD4 online.

Again, that pretty much sums it up.

You're definitely in the minority there...

I guess you just have to go to the better servers. The airstrikes do get irritating at times, but i'm biased. I love more "realistic" weapons, units, terran, etc. I played TF2 for a week and stopped. I was good at it, but just didn't get into it.

Oh please. COD4 is team-based and tactical. The only team-based aspect ive ever seen in TF2 is a medic giving health to the huge ass guy with the machine gun so he can just sit there and rip it down a long corridor so no one can advance. Yeah! Thats real team based and tactical!

There is plenty of depth to COD4 MP, and you stink of someone who has barely played COD4 online.

<3 u ;)

Are you retarded? What the hell part of that is not team based? You can roam around COD4 maps all day long and not even pay attention to where your teammates are and it doesn't make any difference as long a you're killing people. Hell, even if you do have a few guys together planning on doing anything, all of them can be taken out by nade-spammers or an airstrike. Teamwork in COD4 is a joke.

Now let's look at TF2. The spies are sneaking in and sabotaging the sentries and backstabbing the snipers so your side can advance, demos are using stickies to keep the front door guarded from scouts, heavies and medics are charging their ubers up so they can make a run into the base and clear the way for teammates, scouts are coming in behind the heavies and medics to make a run for the intel, soldiers are watching everyone's back, pyros are spy checking your base to make sure it's defended properly, snipers are keeping the other side in their base as much as possible, engineers are setting up sentries in strategical places to keep all the important entries/exits covered, putting dispensers up to keep their teammates healed and full on ammo, and sneaking into the enemy base and building teleporter exits.

I guess you just have to go to the better servers. The airstrikes do get irritating at times, but i'm biased. I love more "realistic" weapons, units, terran, etc. I played TF2 for a week and stopped. I was good at it, but just didn't get into it.

No, you like the "appearance" of realistic weapons, units, and terrain. COD4 is hardly realistic in terms of weaponry. I'm a firearms instructor and I can point out several flaws in the game in regards to the weapons. Bet you didn't know that did you?

Are you retarded? What the hell part of that is not team based? You can roam around COD4 maps all day long and not even pay attention to where your teammates are and it doesn't make any difference as long a you're killing people. Hell, even if you do have a few guys together planning on doing anything, all of them can be taken out by nade-spammers or an airstrike. Teamwork in COD4 is a joke.

Now let's look at TF2. The spies are sneaking in and sabotaging the sentries and backstabbing the snipers so your side can advance, demos are using stickies to keep the front door guarded from scouts, heavies and medics are charging their ubers up so they can make a run into the base and clear the way for teammates, scouts are coming in behind the heavies and medics to make a run for the intel, soldiers are watching everyone's back, pyros are spy checking your base to make sure it's defended properly, snipers are keeping the other side in their base as much as possible, engineers are setting up sentries in strategical places to keep all the important entries/exits covered, putting dispensers up to keep their teammates healed and full on ammo, and sneaking into the enemy base and building teleporter exits.
Calm down there skippy, stop pinching your tits.

I am looking to play some of the newer generation PC games. I am mainly looking at fps but will consider some mmo's. Anyone got any recommendation for a game i should go out and get?

Well, I'll throw my 2 cents in here (in hopes of getting this thread back on track :) )

FPS:
UT3
CoD4
TF2

MMO:

Age of Conan

They all have there pros and cons. For me:

I play UT3 to fight the bots if I just want to release some "I-need-to-kill-something-moments." UT3 online isn't as much fun to me just due to the community I have seen.

CoD4 is fun if you want to have your senses bombarded and really feel like there is war going on. Its pretty fun to run around the maps and hear guns wizzing by you while you pop someone while hiding behind a canister. Like UT3 is pretty-darn fast paced which is always good.

TF2 is fun for those moments when you just wanna sit back and relax while having tons of fun imo. Hop on any character class and go at it.

If, like you said, your willing to give an MMO a whirl, I'd day try out Age of Conan. I find the game very, very casual friendly. Far more that WoW ever was. I only play the game for maybe 2 hours on the weekends and I am already level 23. I actually only played for 4 days so far (took a week off). So don't worry about the level 80 cap being far away. There are so many quest, and the quest give you so much XP. Its fun to just enjoy the story line and marvel at how big the world is. The only annoying this is all the loading screens!

/2 Cents

/Gets back to doing work.

Just because you're a COD4 nuthugger doesn't mean the game doesn't have it's flaws. It's got plenty, and far less than TF2 does.

And I make sure COD4's nuts are waxed before I do any nutswingin, if you know what I mean.

Calling people skippy over and over makes your incredibly articulate arguments so much more persuasive, and 57% more funny.

Keep it up slappy.

You forgot your comma after "up". And in AZ, usually the dudes with bitch tits are called Skippy. Did I some how offend you?

Oh, and Slappy is a perfect name for me since while I run with my jersey shorts on, my nuts usually hit my leg making a "slapping" sound. I'll record it next time for proof.

You keep making posts that you apparently think are funny. Interesting.

You keep making posts that you apparently think are funny. Interesting.

Funny? I see nothing funny about any of my posts, I just post facts. Hey, I'm not the one getting worked up here. Maybe you guys need to not take things so seriously over an internet forum??

Hey, I'm not the one getting worked up here. Maybe you guys need to not take things so seriously over an internet forum??

If you're not getting worked up, then why make feeble attempts at getting others worked up by calling people "skippy" trying to get a rise out of them? It's just makes you sound childish.

I see nothing funny about any of my posts, I just post facts.

Oh, so you are the only one in this thread that (quoting you above) just posts facts? Yet below (quoting you again) you said "To each their own" which would mean opinions, not facts.

"To each their own", you're the one getting worked up; Skippy.

For future reference, when stirring shit on an internet forum, try not to contradict yourself...."Skippy".

If you're not getting worked up, then why make feeble attempts at getting others worked up by calling people "skippy" trying to get a rise out of them? It's just makes you sound childish.

It's called humor and being bored at work. I'm sorry most of you don't have a good sense of humor.

Oh, so you are the only one in this thread that (quoting you above) just posts facts? Yet below (quoting you again) you said "To each their own" which would mean opinions, not facts.

Excellent observation. I should of thought out what I was going to type before I typed it. Basically, the facts thing was me, again, using some humor. Obviously, anyones likings to any game are opinions only. Althought some of you say COD4 isn't a "team based" game, I entirely disagree. I use the map, which helps when you hear someone near you. That's just one observation. Again, I'm sorry to get most of your panties in a bunch, I'm just trying to have a good time. Now I know where the line is drawn, and by god I will never cross it again!

"I see nothing funny about any of my posts"
"It's called humor and being bored at work"

One of those is correct.

No, not retarded at all. The part that isnt team based is the part where it involves two people, while everyone else runs around in a huge clusterfuck. Teamwork in COD4 is amazing, nevermind...theres more than one game mode.

LOL. Sorry. Couldnt help myself. Thats your picture perfect scenario you saw in a TF2 trailer or something though.

Enough of you, im going to play COD4.

LOL. Sorry. Couldnt help myself. Thats your picture perfect scenario you saw in a TF2 trailer or something though.

Enough of you, im going to play COD4.

Well, now it's obvious you haven't played 5 minutes of TF2. That's what's going on in every TF2 game I'm in. Have a good time nade spamming.

I like you, I like you a lot.

Basically, you said what I just said. COD for tactical combat, TF2 for a butt ramming queerfest.

People would take your arguments more seriously if you at least tried to present yourself as, on some level, mature and objective. As far as I'm concerned, you would be far better off playing CounterStrike for a tactical FPS than COD4. COD4 is a strange blend of spamhappy deathmatch gaming with meticulous, slow CS gameplay. It didn't do much for me, but then again I mostly played and 20-30 player deathmatch servers because I'm more interested in a faster paced, less meticulous experience than that offered by the other game modes.

Oh yeah, and hardcore mode sucks a big fat cocksicle and for some reason has gone gangbusters in recent times.

It's called humor and being bored at work. I'm sorry most of you don't have a good sense of humor.

Lol at uneducated nublet. Get a real job, then you wouldn't have to jump around the forums all day like a little troll sniffing people's asses. That's right I crossed the line.

Lol at uneducated nublet. Get a real job, then you wouldn't have to jump around the forums all day like a little troll sniffing people's asses. That's right I crossed the line.

I work for an IT department. I make good money, and I love every second of it; except when it gets a little slow.

Oh, and typical 05 pwnage won't get you crossed over anyline.

Well, now it's obvious you haven't played 5 minutes of TF2. That's what's going on in every TF2 game I'm in. Have a good time nade spamming.

Bullshit. I played over 10 hours of TF2 before i realized it wasnt very fun. Have a good time trying to get past the heavy's being jizzed on by medics with no otehr tactics in the game what-so-ever other than spies trying to unsuccessfully sneak behind enemy lines only to be noticed as soon as they try to kill someone...which rarely works.

Bullshit. I played over 10 hours of TF2 before i realized it wasnt very fun. Have a good time trying to get past the heavy's being jizzed on by medics with no otehr tactics in the game what-so-ever other than spies trying to unsuccessfully sneak behind enemy lines only to be noticed as soon as they try to kill someone...which rarely works.

Like the previous poster said, you need to learn how to play something before you blame it for your incompetence. The game has 9 different classes and you managed to suck at all of them? Good job. Sounds like COD4 is just the type of game you need to stick with.

Like the previous poster said, you need to learn how to play something before you blame it for your incompetence. The game has 9 different classes and you managed to suck at all of them? Good job. Sounds like COD4 is just the type of game you need to stick with.

No i was quite good with the sniper and spy. The game itself was just another shooter frag fest. Sounds like you didnt play much COD4.

CoD 4, if only just for the single player. Although it was quite short, still very enjoyable.

I've had Orange Box since November but haven't touched TF2 until just recently. It's very fun in small doses. Can never play more than one or at most two map rotations.

Wow, this got off topic fast. How about conclude both COD4 and TF2 are great games? I still play BF2 online it's great. Also Race Driver GRID if you're into racing games. What about FEAR?

Thats why its so fun to egg these guys on. Its all totally opinionated. I guess they missed the part where not only their opinion matters.

Exactly, that's why I really didn't get into arguing about the two. COD>TF2 is all I really did.

I personally am huge fans of both TF2 and COD4. Both amazing games in their own right IMO, but if you're looking for teamwork, I'm going to lean you towards TF2. COD4 is team oriented, but at the same time, you're not going to really find the team based play unless you get semi-competitive and join a clan/team/whatever you want to call it, or play strictly smaller Search and Detstroy Mulitiplayer (If you think I am saying this because I don't play in leagues, then youre wrong, I play in TWL CAL TGL HTGN and FGL). Also, a fair amount of servers don't allow in game voice, thus reducing the 'team' aspect even more unless you're on ventrilo with a bunch of friends (which I know is a smaller fraction of the community).
In TF2 however, although its not as painted as the imagery given above, of snipers advancing based upon others tactics, I notice a lot more in game voice chat, and people are friendlier. In addition, people are team players, not always because they really want to so much, but because the game forces you to, with the classes like medic and engineer. As an engineer, if you want points, you're going to build dispensers and teleporters, helping out your team as well as getting you points when they use your resources. The sentry gun is obviously another big role in the whole thing, but personally you're going to help your team if you want to help yourself, bottom line. Medic even moreso, if youre just going for bonesaw kills and needle gun kills sure you can do some damage and do fine, but at least having an uber ready to use to make yourself and a teammate invincible is what makes them so powerful.
Those are my thoughts at least, with COD4 being more of a game where you can do what you want and go on your own to win it, but in TF2 VERY rarely will you find one player that is able to carry his entire team. Maybe it's because i like to play on the 32 man servers (eGO servers FTW) but regardless, its more team oriented and IMO more fun because of that overall, and find that I can have an enjoyable time without putting a rediculous amount of time and practice into the game to still end up getting high in the rankings.

EDIT: sorry for the huge rant, I just can't stop somtimes once I start :rolleyes:

in addition, two free mmo's that I thoroughly enjoyed are Rappelz and Air Rivals
Rappelz is your basic korean MMO with a bunch of class choices, guilds owning dungeons, and pets to make it unique. Air Rivals is a flying mmo, which is unique in itself (the game i'm currently playing) and although only has 4 classes, is the first mmo i've played that actaully takes skill (a level 40 could beat a level say, 65 if he knows what he's doing) with barrel rolling and they way he uses his skills, etc.

Back