What are some good PC Games?

i didn't take it too seriously, I knew it was going to be a cartoon queer fest, but I guess I'm not into those games like how I use to be. I'm more into realistic/tactical ops FPS's. Just my cup of tea.

You may not like the game, and of course you're entitled to your opinion, but calling TF2 a "cartoon queer fest" is akin to calling COD4 "an orgy of next-gen CS kiddies". Neither title furthers any debate and just generally adds to the crap-throwing contest that has ensued. I'm not too keen on either game myself, but I play them both occasionally from time to time, and so far, just from the in-game voice communications, TF2 has a leg up on COD4 in terms of teamwork. Sometimes I don't feel like trying to track down TS/ventrilo information on every server I enter.

Calling COD4 a "realistic/tactical ops FPS" is pretty laughable though. It's got nothing on other games of that carry that label, such as America's Army or the Rainbow Six series. COD4 definitely is more realistic than TF2, but it does not belong in the tactical fps category. In the end, it really doesn't matter which category each game belongs to, but lets not overly mislabel it into a category in which it really has no place.

My multiplayer experience on both of these titles would indicate that if you were a big fan of the CS/CSS style gameplay, you'd probably enjoy COD4 more than TF2, however if you liked the over-the-top style of gameplay presented by games like Serious Sam, TF2 might be right up your alley.

Different people, different tastes. No need to be insulting or try to provoke anyone with names though.

:cool:

You may not like the game, and of course you're entitled to your opinion, but calling TF2 a "cartoon queer fest" is akin to calling COD4 "an orgy of next-gen CS kiddies". Neither title furthers any debate and just generally adds to the crap-throwing contest that has ensued. I'm not too keen on either game myself, but I play them both occasionally from time to time, and so far, just from the in-game voice communications, TF2 has a leg up on COD4 in terms of teamwork. Sometimes I don't feel like trying to track down TS/ventrilo information on every server I enter.

Calling COD4 a "realistic/tactical ops FPS" is pretty laughable though. It's got nothing on other games of that carry that label, such as America's Army or the Rainbow Six series. COD4 definitely is more realistic than TF2, but it does not belong in the tactical fps category. In the end, it really doesn't matter which category each game belongs to, but lets not overly mislabel it into a category in which it really has no place.

My multiplayer experience on both of these titles would indicate that if you were a big fan of the CS/CSS style gameplay, you'd probably enjoy COD4 more than TF2, however if you liked the over-the-top style of gameplay presented by games like Serious Sam, TF2 might be right up your alley.

Different people, different tastes. No need to be insulting or try to provoke anyone with names though.

:cool:

d00d, I'm just enjoying myself. :)

Back