What Android ROMs are you all using.

aviphysics

Weaksauce
I am curious what Android ROMs you are all using.

Currently running LiquidSmooth on a T-Mobile Galaxy SIII. It works alright, but could be more stable.

Stock Android 4.2.2 on my galaxy nexus. Stable, responsive, and it turns out I don't even need root access for anything. So stock it is :D

Jmztaylor's unofficial CM9 on my Evo 4G. It's been a very stable ROM.

Just updated to Beans v12 on my (Verizon) Note 2.

Downloaded a few minutes ago. I'll be trying this and mean bean on the same phone this afternoon. This will be my first phone NOT getting Cyanogennmod.i don't wanna lose the Spen.

Downloaded a few minutes ago. I'll be trying this and mean bean on the same phone this afternoon. This will be my first phone NOT getting Cyanogennmod.i don't wanna lose the Spen.

You don't entirely "lose" the SPen in AOSP-based ROMs. The digitizer and pen still work, it is just you lack the native sammy apps and a few of the integration features/annoyances. Apps like Papyrus are drop in replacements for SNote and work fine with SPen.

Safestrap 3.11 with Icarus HD 1.8.3 remix / AOSP CM10.1 (JB 4.2.2) on my Bionic
CM10 nightlies on my Nook

CM9.1 on my Gakaxy S which is glorified security key. Way better than Samsung roms. They left Galaxy S in broken state.

CM 10.1 Unofficial on my T-Mobile Galaxy Exhibit (makes this phone 100x better than stock)
CM 10.1 Nightlies on my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Stock 4.2.1 on my Nexus 4. Will upgrade soon to 4.2.2. I just wish Bluetooth were fully fixed (sigh).

JellyTime 4.2 R6.1 on my HTC Inspire 4G

AOKP on my HP TouchPad

How is that? I still have my Touchpad on one of the original CM Beta. It has been stable, so I haven't wanted to do anything to screw it up.

CleanROM 4.6.1 on Verizon Note 2
Same.

Just updated to Beans v12 on my (Verizon) Note 2.
Have you tried Jedi X, CM10.1, or Cleanrom? If so, how do they compare? If not, why Beans?

This will be my first phone NOT getting Cyanogennmod.i don't wanna lose the Spen.
I tried CM10.1 nightly 3/19 and it's buggier and has more lag than Cleanrom. Also, the S-Pen feature loss made me cry. :p

...sammy apps and a few of the integration features/annoyances. Apps like Papyrus are drop in replacements for SNote and work fine with SPen.
I LOVE the S-Calendar, S-Voice, and use the button on the S-Pen for clipping circles of quotes or other items all day long. Papyrus wouldn't support that, right? Also, having the little pop S-Note open when ejecting the S-Pen's another feature I use daily. I'm a S-ell out apparently. :p;)

Same.

Have you tried Jedi X, CM10.1, or Cleanrom? If so, how do they compare? If not, why Beans?

I tried CM10.1 nightly 3/19 and it's buggier and has more lag than Cleanrom. Also, the S-Pen feature loss made me cry. :p

I LOVE the S-Calendar, S-Voice, and use the button on the S-Pen for clipping circles of quotes or other items all day long. Papyrus wouldn't support that, right? Also, having the little pop S-Note open when ejecting the S-Pen's another feature I use daily. I'm a S-ell out apparently. :p;)

S-Voice can work on any old ROM on the Note2.

AAMOF, I have the Galaxy S4 leaked SVoice build on my PACMan install right now. ;)

I have know idea what you love about S-Voice. The proper Google voice search is practically a billion times better. S-Voice never worked properly for me and it made the GS3 kind of seem like a downgrade from my Nexus.

I had issues with S-Voice on my S3 tio. I have not used googles voice search yet. Why is it better in your opinion?

How is that? I still have my Touchpad on one of the original CM Beta. It has been stable, so I haven't wanted to do anything to screw it up.

The build I have on it is, I'd say, so-so for stability. It's ICS release Milestone 6, which was never officially compiled for TouchPad (last one was build 40), but some guy compiled M6 for it. So I dont really know how stable any of the official builds are.

But it's tolerable for me, I dont use it much though. Occassional reboots, and somewhat more frequent full-screen graphics glitching mostly in Facebook app (pre-native app) and sometimes homescreen.

Wicked v8 on DeviantKernel for my AT&T GS3. It's by far the smoothest/most stable I've used and I get pretty great battery life out of it. I've tried AOKP and CM10+ as well as SynergyROM and several others. I quite liked AOKP but I had some problems with it so that led me to accidentally finding Wicked.

I have both a Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 using stock, latest 4.2.2, but I'd like to update them to something... not sure what at this point. I have the WugFresh Nexus Root Toolkit ( http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/ ), and I'm wondering if that will be sufficient to perform the needed operations to safely flash a new ROM etc... Especially under its "advanced" settings it has lots of options available, it would really simplify things if this was the only kit needed, but if not I'll grab something else if necessary.

From my understanding, the following are the "big" ROM customizations for the Nexus line, that offer the most comprehensive featureset...

Cyanogenmod
AOKP
Paranoid Android

but I am unsure which of the above to choose. I've read for instance that Paranoid Android uses some code/features from Cyanogen, but I've not been able to tell if it encompasses the whole "latest Cyanogenmod+ more stuff" or is it a handful of cherry-picked stuff here and there. There are also custom ROMs that it seems people are throwing together that combine features from many "major" mods (Like this PACMAN ROM - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2146879 ) etc.... It is a little overwhelming deciding what to choose and how to go about it.

I know that I'd like to keep to the very latest versions of Android and the ROMs themselves and have no problem upgrading etc..for the best stability and feature set. However, it is of specific note that for my Nexus 4, I have read that I may need to reflash just my radio to an earlier baseband or something because Google, in a dick move, decided to deactivate the LTE support in a radio update that came along with 4.2.2.

Any suggestions?

I forgot to update. Beans 12 on my Verizon Note 2. Very nice ROM, and I have had 0 issues with anything. It works so damned smooth. I have Jedi and Mean Bean on my sd Card, but I just haven't felt the need to change yet. I'm sure I'll get the flash bug soon enough:p

Oh, some variant of Cyanogen 10 on an old LG Optimus V, just to play, and I just gave away 2 Motorola Triumphs running MTDEV Cyanogen 10. One is coming back to get flashed back to 7 for camera functions. OMG how I have hated those phones:mad:

Back