What all did you mail to MS when your 360 died?

seniorpaul

Limp Gawd
Well, after a couple of weeks of random freezes, my 360 is now giving me the beautiful red rings of death. I contacted MS and they sent me package to ship my 360 in for repair, but it dosen't say what i'm suppose to ship them? Do they need the HD, power brick, etc? Am i suppose to include a note describing the problem? A return address?

Thanks for the help

I haven't had to send mine in, but I'm pretty sure you just send them the console. No controllers, no cables, and definitely keep your hard drive.

just the core unit itself .. no hard drive no nothing but the X360 itself ..no controllers .. no chords of any kind .. no games/movies in the drive ... and would probably go on to include ...no mods! :p

I painted my faceplate so I mentioned that when I called and they said to leave it off.

So I sent the bare console, no faceplate, no hdd, no cables, no controllers.

it comes with a nice colorful instruction sheet with pictures man.......you just strip the console itself, removing anything meant to be removed except the face plate, make sure to remove any disc from the drive, and send just the console itself in

As said already, only send the console itself - no hard drive, no controllers, no power brick, no cables, and no faceplate unless it's the stock faceplate that came with it.

I sent mine in just the console, no faceplate.

I got mine back with a new faceplate :D

Back