What a dissapointment. don't buy BFBC2

menace2society

Limp Gawd
March 5, 2010 - I just spent the last 4hrs(most of it on hold) with EA about the connection issue just to have them tell me "we are aware of the problem and were working on it". I have not been able to play this game online at all,(bought at the midnight release) which is the reason I bought the game in the first place. I find it most interesting that none of the reviewers ever experience the problems that the general public has. They get early copies, put on special severs that are not reflective of what a average consumer might experience so when I see a review score 8.9 for a game that is obviously broken and well documented across the web it makes me wounder if there might be some payola going on. At this point I just want my money back which Gamestop refuses to do, they don't take back opened software regardless of weather it works or not so I'm just left feeling like I've been robbed. I have never downloaded/stolen a game I don't mind paying for my entertainment but I'm starting to see the appeal, it's far better to be the robber then the robbed. Just a FYI the XBOX 360 version works just fine. Which goes to show us how much they care about the PC community. So after3Days and countless hours I have wasted enough time it's back to CODMW2 for me. :mad:

To tell the truth when has DICE NOT had a problem with master servers on one of their Battlefield games?

Not to say I'm not disappointed because I SO am.

I used to live in an apartment complex that supplied us with free highspeed back when bf2 came out. Both bf2 (and bf:v before it) never worked online for me there. Within a few minutes of joining an online game, I would get a "disconnected from server" error. even though the complex claimed to not block any ports, and even though every other online game i had worked perfectly and with low ping, I could never get them to work. when i moved out, I never had the problem again, but it affected all my roommates during that time as well. i even dled the 1942 demo to see how that worked and experienced the same disconnect issue.

BFBC2 servers (a lot, or most, or all) are down per a Twitter post a couple hours ago. I played earlier today, not a problem. Now I/we cannot log in at all.

March 5, 2010 - I just spent the last 4hrs(most of it on hold) with EA about the connection issue just to have them tell me "we are aware of the problem and were working on it". I have not been able to play this game online at all,(bought at the midnight release) which is the reason I bought the game in the first place. I find it most interesting that none of the reviewers ever experience the problems that the general public has. They get early copies, put on special severs that are not reflective of what a average consumer might experience so when I see a review score 8.9 for a game that is obviously broken and well documented across the web it makes me wounder if there might be some payola going on. At this point I just want my money back which Gamestop refuses to do, they don't take back opened software regardless of weather it works or not so I'm just left feeling like I've been robbed. I have never downloaded/stolen a game I don't mind paying for my entertainment but I'm starting to see the appeal, it's far better to be the robber then the robbed. Just a FYI the XBOX 360 version works just fine. Which goes to show us how much they care about the PC community. So after3Days and countless hours I have wasted enough time it's back to CODMW2 for me. :mad:
Good Riddance.

BTW, why the fuck would you call EA to try and fix the issue when its been posted over and over and over all over the net? Your on these forums, how come you haven't been reading about the issues in the MULTITUDE of threads here on [H]?

Are there connection issues? Yes. Is EA/DICE aware of it? Yes. They even put a message about it and the Punkbuster disconnects into the game's streaming news banner (if you do manage to connect). Has EA/DICE really fucked up? Yes, and they know it. Is this fuck up anywhere near as bad as MW2's lack of dedicated servers and inability to boot the rampant cheaters? HELL FUCKING NO.

I have managed to log 15 hours so far online. But that has been pure luck up until this point. It is frustrating. We know. Your preaching to the choir here.

I can't even get the aut-patch feature to download the patch which I apparently need.

I don't see why you can't this specific online game? Can you play other online games on your computer? It doesn't make much sense to me. Are some kind of parental controls set up on your computer?

I don't see why you can't this specific online game? Can you play other online games on your computer? It doesn't make much sense to me. Are some kind of parental controls set up on your computer?

doesn't make sense to me as well. I have no problems playing anything else:eek:

NEWS FLASH:

This game is so fucking good, that a LOT of people want to play it!!

HAHAHAHA. That was funny. I really have had no problems playing the game. I think just one time the second night it came out. So far the game is great.

Anyone else catch this? You're crying that they don't care about PC gamers, so you're going back to the biggest "fuck you" the PC gaming industry has ever given us.

Fanboys the game is broken face facts

The game isn't broken, the servers are. EA/DICE have posted as of 2 days ago they are aware of the server problems and doing what they can to fix it.

I had problems the first night, so I just played the single player, been fine since then, but I did reinstall steam because of it though which was a pita.

If the OP had waited 30 minutes he wouldn't have needed to start this thread.

Massive lol.

Anyone else catch this? You're crying that they don't care about PC gamers, so you're going back to the biggest "fuck you" the PC gaming industry has ever given us.

I think the big sadface might have been an indication that he wasn't happy to go back to it. Maybe I'm just a dumbass though.

I just played the single player for a few hours. OP did know there is a single player portion right?

You waited four hours on hold for a problem connecting to a game server? I wish I had this amount of time on my hands.

This is so typical. There are lots of problems with BFBC2 right now. Just go to their forums or the Steam forums and you will see people complaining about crashes, disconnections, failure to register keys, inability to log in to EA servers, the server browser not working, the friends list not working and god knows what else. But hey, the game has dedicated servers so lets just trash MW2, insult anyone who has the audacity to express a preference towards it and keep pretending that everything is fine with BC2 :rolleyes:

This is so typical. There are lots of problems with BFBC2 right now. Just go to their forums or the Steam forums and you will see people complaining about crashes, disconnections, failure to register keys, inability to log in to EA servers, the server browser not working, the friends list not working and god knows what else. But hey, the game has dedicated servers so lets just trash MW2, insult anyone who has the audacity to express a preference towards it and keep pretending that everything is fine with BC2 :rolleyes:

Nobody is pretending BC2 is fine, its had a rocky launch so far. The difference is in a week when its ironed out BC2 will be a fantastic game and MW2 will still suck ass.

Its also funny how MW2 had its share of problems at launch too (Black screen, unable to connect to servers, the game simply wouldnt start for some i think you get the idea) and the MW2 fanboys choose to conveniently forget that now.

all of the battlefield launches had issues as well as ongoing ones, so it makes perfect sense for this game to as well.

I haven't really had any issues with the game yet. Well, the server browser is shit by design... its a pain in the arse finding Aussie servers and everything else has horrible lag. Also the veteran status stuff is a pain in the arse to sort out (took me ages to get it to accept my BF1942 and expansions and it still wont accept my BF2142).

Other than that my experiences with the game have been good. Very addictive.

BTW. After the Servers went back up at 7:30 PM Central Time (approx) LAST NIGHT, I played for 12 hours straight ONLINE.

12 HOURS ONLINE. THE GAME IS NOT AS BROKE AS YOU SAY IT IS.

You want proof the game works, here ya go:
bfbc2.jpg

27 hours this week. 6 hours was for the short SP campaign. That's 21 hours ONLINE THIS WEEK. For the life of me, I don't know why the Steam Beta says last played "yesterday." I quit sometime around 7:30 AM this morning... must be a beta thing.:rolleyes:

And by the way... I had a little too much Ritalin. I'm never playing 12 hours straight again. I think I'm beginning to hallucinate. :D

Last edited:

Better a game broken temporarily due to bugs than a game broken intentionally due to moneygrabbing slimebags that can't be bothered to adapt their shitty on-rails quicktime event spectaclefest for the PC.

P.S. How readily people seem to have forgotten MW2's shitty start. All I ever heard and saw from all five of my friends that bought it on launch was "WHAT THE FUCK IT JUST KICKED ME FROM THE LOBBY AGAIN JESUS" or "I CAN'T PLAY LIKE THIS SHIT IT'S LIKE I'M ON DIALUP AGAIN FOR CHRIST'S SAKE".

I think it's fair to expect any new major new multiplayer platform to be buggy at launch, since reality dictates that this is often the case. EA and Dice have acknowledged the issues and are scrambling to fix them, and that seems like the appropriate response. I don't get how this is worth boycotting the game... if anything it's why you don't always get the best experience by buying a game on day 1. Certainly nothing worth getting your panties in a wad over.

It's not like Volition taking 3 months to push out a Red Faction Guerrilla patch that didn't even fix the biggest problems with their game...

I can't wait for some mods and custom maps, oh wait. :(

Don't make DICE seem so high and mighty when comparing them to IW.

These threads where people are telling others not to buy shit because of, what are most of the time, isolated issues needs to stop.

I'm sorry to hear you've had such issues but a lot of people including myself have been enjoying BFBC2 since launch and the beta before that.

Dice did a good job supporting the PC platform with this game, and they took a big risk considering it was a console only title to begin with. They are even adding custom FoV in a later patch.

Hopefully your issues get resolved my friend.

Custom FoV is already available, TheBlueChannel. You just need to change it in the .ini file in your Documents/BFBC2 folder. It's the "settings.ini" file.

Personally, I've had the same spotty connection as everyone else, yet I've already managed to make it to Rank 17 and fully unlock the Assault Class. Not to mention I've gotten the Long Service award for having logged 24 hours in-game, IN A SERVER. So, the game does work, it just has some periodic issues that they are working on.

BTW, game is awesome. Most people are enjoying it. The reason you only (75%) of what you see on any given forum this week is negative about connection issues and the like, is because people are actually playing the game. ;)

Back