What 1080 Ti AIB card are you getting and why?

My MSI Gaming X arrives tomorrow. I've had the MSI Twin Frozr coolers in every iteration of my upgrades since the 680 (970, 980, 980ti) and they are just so solidly built. I've had sagging issues in the past with Asus Strix cards (Had a 970 for a few days) so I stay far away from those even though they look cool. They've probably since corrected the sagging issues but MSI has never let me down so I stick with them.
Doubt Asus has fixed this as they made the heatsink bigger with the 1080Ti. I've got a Aorus 1080Ti Xtreme being delivered tomorrow will be interesting to see how it sags because its a big 3 fan card as well. Regardless I'm pretty excited to get it installed. I've always gone with EVGA in the past and I had a EVGA ftw3 preordered but couldn't wait the extra month.. felt like EVGA dropped the ball with this release.

The MSI 1080Ti card looks like a great option though I would of grabbed it if they had it in stock.

I just picked up an MSI 1080Ti Gaming X at the local Fry's and plan to install it tonight. So excited.

:):):)

Attachments

• msi1080ti.jpg
    msi1080ti.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 48
Also, most people with the Xtremes seem to be reporting over 2ghz out of the box. Maybe GB really did bin their chips?

Just got around to getting my Xtreme card setup after finally getting it yesterday- running the Valley benchmark, looks like it's boosting to 2062mhz. The Aorus monitor seemed to cap out at 2025 for me.

I see the Market is finally flooded with Founder Edition cards like never before.

I took my MSI card apart twice to see if I can get cooler temps.
Then I used MSI afterburner and will keep the fan at 60% when running games.
Runs at like 76 C with that fan speed saved.
Figured out how to do the on screen display during games which is really fun.

I still want a EVGA card but then I would have to sell this card for about a 50.00 lose probably.

I've got 60 some days left on my step up at EVGA so I'll wait until the deadline gets closer and see what I can get at that time. If nothing else, I can always get a FE.

I've got 60 some days left on my step up at EVGA so I'll wait until the deadline gets closer and see what I can get at that time. If nothing else, I can always get a FE.

The step up only allows for you to get the FE edition. there was a post about this someone else all these forums bleed together when you are looking for the latest news. You should email evga there's no point in you waiting any longer unless you want to.

Cool, thanks for the info man. I've never used Step Up before. I'm still debating on either upgrading this one card or just saving the money and buying another (maybe Vega card) and updating my NCase HTPC (which currently has a shortie 970).

Back