WFP3007-HC Upgrade

capnstabn

Gawd
Are the new 30" monitors a huge improvement over the WFP3007-HC? I mostly play games, work, and edit video. I have around a 1600 dollar budget.

All of the current 30" 2560x1600 IPS panels, are just newer revisions of the same LG panel that was in the Dell 3007. There's not really a good reason to upgrade unless you're 100% certain you'll make use of some new feature.

HP ZR30w for gaming.

The 3007WFP-HC is basically Dell's older equivalent to the HP LP3065 or ZR30W, and all screens are good for gaming because of low lag and good response time.

OP: Unless you want to utilize DisplayPort or HDMI with a screen like a U3011, or utilize two 30" screens there isn't any reason to upgrade. The new panels are pretty much identical visually to the older ones.

I would stick with the 3007 to be honest. No pesky scaler or processing coming between you and your image, and why would you even want to hook up HDMI to a native res that high anyway.

I've noticed that over the past few years that new monitors have gotten newer, but they haven't really gotten better.

Exactly the kind of honesty I appreciate on this forum. Going to save my cash. Thanks guys!

I would stick with the 3007 to be honest. No pesky scaler or processing coming between you and your image, and why would you even want to hook up HDMI to a native res that high anyway.

I've noticed that over the past few years that new monitors have gotten newer, but they haven't really gotten better.

Cheap TNs rule the world. :mad:

Back