Westinghouse LVM-37W3 37 Discontinued ?

gfresh

Weaksauce
Has this been discontinued ??!!!! I went to a bb today and the guy told me they no longer carry it and its been discontinued. I just did a google search on 37w3 and clicked on a cached page of crutchfield and clicked add to wishlist and it said "We're sorry, item #647LVM37W3 has been discontinued and is no longer available". :(

read those two massive threads...the 37W3 is not being discontinued, but hey if you want to believe the bogus claim then go buy something else. LOL :D

Could care less if it is or isn't. Mine arrives today. :)

As for the "OH NOES, DISCONTINUED = TEH BAD TECHNOLOGY!!" nonsense, I ignore it. My Samsung 240T was discontinued years ago, but I'd buy it again today in a heartbeat. It was, and is, a flawless LCD, doesn't matter if it was made in 2002 or 2006. Same will go for the Westy, even years from now it will still be a great great display for 1920x1080p.

Think about it this way, after the big black friday sales stock at most retailers has been liquidated. So, you walk into their store willing to spend your hard earned money... what's going to get you to part with that cash?

1) Telling you that the product is out of stock likely until the new year
2) The product is discontinued, but why don't you consider one of our other IN STOCK products

if a new one is gettiing ready to come out it will be discontinued.the west 37 is not going to
last for ever. one thing about a tv .new year .new tv.west37 was 2006.next 2007 :cool:

BATMAN33 said:
if a new one is gettiing ready to come out it will be discontinued.the west 37 is not going to
last for ever. one thing about a tv .new year .new tv.west37 was 2006.next 2007 :cool:

Right. And the point is, how much "better" will the "w4" or whatever they call it, be when it arrives over today's w3?

Answer: Minimally at best.

And it will likely have a much higher MSRP, as most new products do. Will you gain an additional HDMI port? Maybe. Will the on screen menu offer more options? Possibly. But will the panel offer "more" than 1920x1080p at an 8ms refresh which is all I really care about?

Nope.

Buy now. The w3 is just fine.

Mako360 said:
Buy now. The w3 is just fine.

question is, where? alot of the sites I see that has this cheap do not seem very trustworthy...otherwise perhaps amazon and paying $200 more?

I'm trying to keep the price down because I'm going to export this LCD to Costa Rica and will already have to deal with increased shipping and customs.

If only I had gotten in on the J&R deal :/

MAKO360 is 100% right .if the new come u r looking at 1700.00 up.
just look at the west 47.get it now. :p

God I hope that it hasn't been discontinued. I wanted to buy this monitor since October but didn't cuz I didn't want to drop $1200....then when the price went down I was having a REALLY REALLY busy week and only saw the deal on friday morning....I placed my order with J&R but so far the order page still says "processing" and my account hasn't been charged, so I assume that they cancelled my order.

The predecessor of W3 will more than likely have a tuner and DCDi Faroudja, perhaps 6ms and higher contrast ration of 1600:1, launch price at $1599.00 or more depends on the size of the LCD. That's my guess :D

ben805 said:
The predecessor of W3 will more than likely have a tuner and DCDi Faroudja, perhaps 6ms and higher contrast ration of 1600:1, launch price at $1599.00 or more depends on the size of the LCD. That's my guess :D

First of all it's "successor" not "predecessor".

Second of all, no specs changed when they discontinued the W2 last year for the W3 this year, at all, so there is absolutely no reason to believe they'll change moving forward. Keep dreaming.

This is what happens when you try to put the westinghouse into a cart at crutchfields.

crutchfield37w3gd2.jpg

*note* you won't even be able to put the westinghouse 37w3 into a cart normally since they have none for sale atm, but doing a google cached page search of 37w3 will give bring you to a page that was cached with the 37w3 in stock thus allowing yout to try to add it to a shopping cart.

I ordered mines already after searching, but I was just trying to find out if they were already starting to discontinue the 37w3.

where can i buy it? I want to buy it now but i cant.... no repitable sites sell it for under 1k.

Back