Westinghouse 46" 1080p LCD TV $350

Discussion in '[H]ot|DEALS' started by Fooshnik, May 12, 2013.

1. Fooshnik

Fooshnik 2[H]4U

2. joecop120

joecop120 [H]ard|Gawd

Hate to crap on this one, but Westinghouse customer service is horrendous. AKA nonexistant. Had a 32" bought from walmart, lasted 4 months. Tried to RMA, company never responded. Went through BBB and still couldnt get a response. Returned to Walmart after some challenges.

Friend had a 40" westinghouse. Power supply failed. He had extended warranty, but with Westinghouse being such a sh*tty company, the repairman could not get a replacement PSU. So, he was out a TV/monitor for about 6 weeks, and then waited another week to get the gift card refund from extended warranty.

Beware....

3. Fooshnik

Fooshnik 2[H]4U

I posted this because they were 3.5 - 4.0 star reviewed. That doesn't mean the user didn't write the review and have the monitor die 15 minutes later.

4. H-street

H-street [H]ardness Supreme

Thats unfortunate. By wetsinghouse 37w1. Is still going strong. Love this monitor. And my westinghouse 42 is still going also (6years now)

5. DTN107

DTN107 [H]ardness Supreme

Square trade warranty if you want to be safe.

6. CardiaK

CardiaK Limp Gawd

Figured I'd chime in here for fence-sitters lookin for more intel on Westinghouse reliability.

I too have had the venerable 37w1 as my monitor for what seems like forever now, and I also have a newer series 47" lcd tv in another room.

They are not amazing quality, as both have minor backlighting issues, but neither have ever had any catastrophic/failure type issues.

Frankly if my old 37 wasn't still running totally fine I would've jumped on the 39" LG deal from a couple days ago.

7. SpeedBump613

SpeedBump613 Gawd

Wally says its a 60hz and Amazon shows it as 120Hz...anyone got any idea why? I been kickin around buying something inexpensive for my office for movies and streaming. 46" is a bit bigger than I originally had wanted, but could still work. (small office)

8. Eldest_One

Eldest_One Limp Gawd

http://westinghousedigital.com/products/lcd/42-55/cw46t9fw/

Google FTW :D

9. Fooshnik

Fooshnik 2[H]4U

There's this one for $350. The reviews are... poor.

10. JustLong

JustLong Gawd

I have one of these that I picked up a few weeks ago when they were $360 AR.
    First one I ordered from newegg got destroyed by a forklift (hole in the box and through screen).
    2nd one has a stuck pixel in the upper left corner. Speaking of the corners the back light is week in the corners and they are noticably darker. If I wasn't using as a presentation display I would have returned/resold it, as you do get what you pay for. It is a cheap low end panel.

Here is a picture of it hanging in my office.
    [​IMG]