Well, looks like Tuesday is the big shipment day for the x800s...

2Fresh said:
I ordered the x800xt/pe from Compusa for the $449 deal last month. Today I got an email saying the order is approved and now being prcessed. wOOt!!

That's probably from the CompUSA in Mesquite where I picked mine up today. Since they are the internet shipping point they said they had already sold about 200 of the cards and were getting another shipment of 200.

x800xt.jpg

well i think im getting the xt now instead of the pro, gateway has opened up to us all again to sell things to us from the blackmarket :p

CIWS said:
That's probably from the CompUSA in Mesquite where I picked mine up today. Since they are the internet shipping point they said they had already sold about 200 of the cards and were getting another shipment of 200.

x800xt.jpg

You lucky BASTID... I just contacted CDW and my shipment is still on for the 15th.. I'm giddy... YIPPEEEE

Ordered mine from gateway today, I talked to a representative and he said that they are planning on getting a shipment in this week and to get the orders out, but who knows. For that price, I'll wait a little longer

ShatteredKill said:
I just called CDW and they said that my order will ship out tomorrow :)

When did you place your order? I'm about to cancel my Compusa order and get it from CDW since it's so much less and I probably won't get it in time anyway.

CIWS said:

Does that card do VIVO?

If so do they include cables in the box?

CIWS said:

x800xt.jpg

What is the Half Life 2 symbol on the box for?? Is there a disc with some old footage or something??

I just purchased the X800 XT from gateway, my only concern is will it be a PE? I read the page and it does list it as a PE under PRODUCT DESCRIPTION but I wont know until its installed. Anyway it is a very good deal and hope it all works out..

GabooN said:
I just purchased the X800 XT from gateway, my only concern is will it be a PE? I read the page and it does list it as a PE under PRODUCT DESCRIPTION but I wont know until its installed. Anyway it is a very good deal and hope it all works out..

it should be a PE but why does it matter? the PE is only like 20mhz higher on the core. you can just oc

ForeverUnknown said:
it should be a PE but why does it matter? the PE is only like 20mhz higher on the core. you can just oc

Yes I know, I guess I am just anal about my clock speeds and false advertisements.. Something ATi is notorious for..

GabooN said:
Yes I know, I guess I am just anal about my clock speeds and false advertisements.. Something ATi is notorious for..

but you're getting it for like 440 so i dont think it's that big of a deal ;)

CIWS said:

x800xt.jpg

lucky bastard!!!!

Don´t mind M4d-k10wN he has his own kind of humour :D Kind of hard to understand sometimes I have to say though...

But CIWS you lucky you :p What are the Half Life 2 icon doing there? I thought the ATI x800XT PE came with absolutely nothing to show for?

The HL2 logo syas something like

Preferred graphics for HL2....

No - nothing special.

2Fresh said:
I ordered the x800xt/pe from Compusa for the $449 deal last month. Today I got an email saying the order is approved and now being prcessed. wOOt!!
Likewise. Hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow.

foofighter06 said:
Does that card do VIVO?

If so do they include cables in the box?

No on the VIVO. Included in the box cable / adapter wise is.

Composite and S-video cables
HDTV out cable
DVI to VGA Adapter

killermmn said:
the xt is pci-express only!!!

No the X880's are PCI-Express only. Both the X800Pro and the X800XT Platinum Edition are AGP.

Just returned from adventure to CompUSA in Mesquite. Getting from Downtown to Mesquite at 5PM is always "fun" ;) Walked in, went over to vid card section. They don't even have a shelf tag for it yet. A passing red-shirt asked if I needed help, and I got out "I heard you guys got some.." at which she cut me off and said yes, they have a few left. While waiting for my 2 (one for my roommate) shiny new x800XT-PE, I asked about traffic. They've been selling one about every 10 minutes since noon. Got 150 in this morning, had 28(ish) left at 5:15 when I checked out. Only a couple of people had been silly enough to buy more than one :eek:

worm said:
Just returned from adventure to CompUSA in Mesquite. Getting from Downtown to Mesquite at 5PM is always "fun" ;) Walked in, went over to vid card section. They don't even have a shelf tag for it yet. A passing red-shirt asked if I needed help, and I got out "I heard you guys got some.." at which she cut me off and said yes, they have a few left. While waiting for my 2 (one for my roommate) shiny new x800XT-PE, I asked about traffic. They've been selling one about every 10 minutes since noon. Got 150 in this morning, had 28(ish) left at 5:15 when I checked out. Only a couple of people had been silly enough to buy more than one :eek:

How much were they?

I got a great deal but now I must wait... Just got my email from Gateway

"Order status: Your Gateway order has been placed and is currently being processed. Your estimated arrival date is 07/13/2004."

hey killer did you read the abit site it says the x800xt pcie not xt pe dude. You are wrong all the x800xt's and x800's are agp its common knowledge dude lol.

After going to the CompUSA in Mesquite on Friday and asking about availability, I was kinda pissed that they were there in fact on Friday but the dumbass that i asked said they didnt. So after confirming on the phone this morning with a manager, I drove in from Weatherford and picked one up. That store always gets things in before everyone else in the DFW area.

Anyone who ordered from cdw what does youyr order status say as of now. Mine says backordered and i was wondering if that meant that i didnt make the cut for the first shipment. which would make me mad ahhhh

dewsky said:
Anyone who ordered from cdw what does youyr order status say as of now. Mine says backordered and i was wondering if that meant that i didnt make the cut for the first shipment. which would make me mad ahhhh

Mine has said that from the very first day I ordered it; I think that's their way of saying pre-ordered.

I spoke with a rep from CDW via email today and he said that my order is still scheduled to be shipped on the 15th. Tomorrow should be the big day for all us; no matter where you ordered the card from. It think Best Buy, Compusa, CDW and etc are all scheduled to ship on the 15th. I just hope I get my card by the weekend; although I doubt that will happen!! :( Monday I'll be rocking and rolling though I'll tell ya that much right now.

Dumb question: Is the PE (Platinum Edition) a limited release? Or will I be able to locate one in month or two?

seems silly to clock it 20MHz higher for only a little bit of time and then go back to a slower one for a wider release.

H

Back